“Quiet restful tree lined property” 5 of 5 stars

Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
24640 Yacht Club Road, St. Michaels, MD 21663   |
Ranked #7 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Quiet restful tree lined property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We arrived in the early summer for a romantic weekend and we were not disappointed. On arrival we drove down a lovely treelined drive to a property that had a view of the water on three sides. The owner showed us to our room which was large airy with a comfortable and roomy bed. We went for a swim in the pool which has a great view of the creek with sailboats moving about. Jackie, the owner, suggested several places for dinner and we were not disappointed. The next day after a great breakfast we toured the many shops and enjoyed a tour of the Chesapeake Bay Museum. Back to the pool and a little reading under the trees before heading out for dinner at another fine restaurant suggested by Jackie. After a leisurely breakfast, it was time to return home but we will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
A belated "Thank you" (the only excuse I have is that I only recently learn "responding" to TripAdvisor Guest Reviews. Better late than never).

I deeply appreciate that you took the time to be so kind and sweet. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. It is my honor to have you here to enjoy this beautiful spot in St. Michaels. I enjoyed having a chance to get to know both of you - what amazing people you are. I look forward to seeing you again.

Warmest smiles and biggest hugs,
Jackie & Beau (the wonder dog, assistant innkeeper)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Bay Cottage in the early spring when the blooms were on the trees. The water was clear and crystal and we had freedom to roam the property and explore. Our charming bedroom with cross ventilation looked out on the water from both sides of the room.
The bed was very comfortable, and room appointed in a charming cottage style.
In the morning, the owner, Jackie Fletcher cooked us a full breakfast. It was great. She gave us information on places to visit in St. Michaels, which we enjoyed very much
I recommend Bay Cottage if you want to get away, it is a quiet location, peaceful, relaxed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
A belated "Thank you" for your thoughtfulness. You are so very sweet and I am deeply touched and grateful. Thank you.

Yes, indeed, it is my good luck to have such a lovely place that I am privileged to have the opportunity to share with you, who want to "getaway from it all" and enjoy the Chesapeake Bay's bucolic life.

I am sorry for showing my gratitude so late - I only learned how to "respond on TripAdvisor" recently. (Better later than never.)

I look forward to seeing you again here at Chesapeake Bay - let's wait for the warmer weather so that we can pick from my gardens and fruit farms and make some crazily good breakfast. Of course it would be fun to fish off the shoreline too.

With big warm smiles and lots of big hugs,
Jackie & Beau (the yellow lab, assistant innkeeper)
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We needed to visit family in the St. Michael's area and needed a place to stay for the week. Lo and behold we found Bay Cottage through a friend's recommendation. Our stay there was the highlight of our trip. The rooms had everything we needed and the staff was very attentive to any request we made. Jackie was a wonderful host and the breakfasts were great. We will return, and look forward to renewing our memories of this fantastic b&b. I highly recommend Bay Cottage as one of the finest Chesapeake Bay lodging experiences we have had the pleasure to try.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BayCottage, Owner at Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you so much for such a nice review. We enjoyed having you with us. After that lovely week’s visiting, I am sure we are truly family now.

Yes, I will love to see you returning to Bay Cottage again. I have added some more amenities for you to enjoy for your next visit – indoor spa, outdoor Bali-style massage cabana, fire pit at the water’s edge on the point of land, hammock on the water’s edge, and a lovely shoreline nature walk to check out the waterfowls – ducks, geese, egrets, herons, and ospreys. If you return in the cooler months, pick some figs off the tree, roast some marshmallows at the fire pit, or take a cool dip in the pool – we will keep the pool open till October.

I very much look forward to seeing you again soon. I miss you, my lovely Boston family.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Bay Cottage is a wonderful B&B at the end of a quiet tree-lined lane. What could be better than morning coffee at water's edge with beautiful fall foliage and the world's best breakfast prepared by Jackie...great scrambled eggs! Plus, she had great ideas for restaurants and area fun. We'll be back.
D&A, Omaha

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for such welcome complements. I cherish hearing each pleasant experience at my home here on the Bay.

We are especially fortunate to have our long and tree-lined gravel drive. I am enjoying seeing deer grazing along the drive whenever I go down the lane.

For your next trip, I got lots of pampering ideas for you -

How about a relaxing massage in our Spa (the cute little cottage by the pier) or just outside in a Bali-style massage cabana with the white curtains gently swaying in the wind at the pool?

How about sitting by the fire pit near the water’s edge to roast some marshmallows and soak in the panoramic views of the river? Lots and lots of complimentary marshmallows.

How about picking some sweet ripened figs from the tree and enjoy those juicy miracles?

How about kayaking down the waterway and watching the geese, the ducks, the egrets, the herons, and the fish all around you?

Or, if not kayaking – take a short stroll along our private nature walk at the edge of our creek and view all the wildlife.

My cooler months breakfast menu will allows me to bake bread and breakfast pizzas with all kinds of yummy topping – ham, bacon, figs, goat cheese …. Oh, so much local produce to choose from.

I so look forward to seeing my sweet Omaha family returning. I can’t wait to meet your Virginia branch too.

Cheers. (Happy painting – I love your artwork, you are truly talented).
Germantown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely fall weekend at this charming bed and breakfast. Wonderful views of the Miles River, easy drive to a variety of restaurants and activities, and a delicious breakfast. Our room was spacious and clean. I sat in the chairs overlooking the river, smoked a cigar and read one of the many books in the library. Later we had drinks in the same chairs and watched sailboats. Jackie is a great host. I would definitely stay here again!

There are places in town but most will not be on the water. We were maybe 1 mile from town. There is plenty of free parking in town.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Harborside room. Great views of the water. Stairs to second floor are wood and ther...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for such a nice review.

When you soon return, there will be a water side fire pit to warm you up while you relax and enjoy your cigar and reading a book in our comfortable Adirondack chairs. Complementary marshmallows are also provided.

For more enjoyment on your next visit, we have added spa services in that cute little cottage by the pier; an outdoors Bali-style massage cabana; the fire pit I mentioned; and a private, elevated nature walk along the shoreline to enjoy the ducks, the geese, the egrets, the herons, the ospreys, and the views.

What a difference 1 mile makes – we are so quiet with all the shoreline around us so that after an action-packed day at St. Michaels town, you return to relax and unwind.

I am in the middle of adding thick carpeting along the staircase and in the common areas of Bay Cottage. I believe it will make your stay even more quiet and comfortable.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

It was our first trip to St. Michael's and it was amazing. The Bay Cottage complimented all the exquisite restaurants, stores and charm of The quaint town. Jackie made us feel right at home and was a pure delight. The bed and breakfast was one of the only ones on the water and lots of property to walk around. Definitely plan on returning.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
You were such a special pleasure to be with, I remember it well. It was so much fun to hear your adventures in St. Michaels – I think you packed all the best places into your trip. I can’t wait to see you again.

When you return to Bay Cottage, let us pamper you with some added amenities: a waterside massage in our spa (the little house next to the pier) or let’s do an outside massage while enjoying the gentle breezes in our curtain-draped Bali-Style Cabana. If you come in Fall, Winter, or Spring, let’s roast some marshmallows at the waterside fire pit. The hammocks are always ready for you. At 6:00 a.m. please join us for an early morning Yoga practice on the pier deck or on the lawn area.

Please check out the ducks, geese, egrets, herons, ospreys, and fishes when you stroll down our private and elevated nature walk along the shore.

I am very much looking forward to seeing you again. Please join us to celebrate Bay Cottage’s 20th Anniversary in 2015, if not sooner.

Cheers.
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have often stayed in St. Michael's or Oxford, Md. and love the area. There are quaint shops and galleries, top notch restaurants, and hundreds of beautiful bayside vistas to enjoy. Now we have found a perfect place to stay. It is about a half mile down the road toward Tilghman Island, tucked away on the Bay, near the Miles River Yacht Club. You can easily walk or borrow one of Jackie's bicycles to go into town. But staying at the B&B, away from town is great. The grounds are well-tended, there is a pool in warmer weather, and boats and tidal water is to be enjoyed on three sides. Jackie is the exuberant, knowledgeable hostess. She is a gourmet cook and a fountain of useful information and recommendations for eateries and activities Go!!! Enjoy!!!.

Room Tip: We loved the Over garage private Honeymoon Suite with cooking, four poster Queen bed, Jacuzzi and de...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
What an enthusiastic review. Thank you so much. I enjoyed so much having you with us.

We have changed the landscaping from “Chesapeake Country” to “Chesapeake Elegance”. We also added a spa service at our cute little boat house by the pier. If you prefer to have an outdoors massage, our Bali-style massage cabana by the pool with the white curtains swaying in the wind is something to relish. In cooler weather, our waterside fire pit will keep you warm while you roast some marshmallows and take in the water views. Our private, elevated nature walk along the shoreline gives you a chance to be very close to the ducks, geese, egrets, herons, and ospreys.

There are several excellent restaurants that have opened since you were here last. All of them are excellent. There are some new shops and art galleries, too. St. Michaels is fast becoming one of the best places to check out artworks by local artists.

I look forward to seeing you at Bay Cottage again soon.

Been to Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!