“Burgers and Fries...” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Annapolis, Maryland
“Burgers and Fries...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stopped by the Carpenter Street Saloon (CSS) on Sunday, July 10th. Our server was just wrapping up two parties (10 and 6 guests.) when we arrived for our late afternoon lunch. She had no trouble offering exceptional service and took time explaining the basics menu options. Our appetizer was crab balls. The order is six gum drop size (slightly larger) crab balls with little breading. So little, that with a tap of a fork the crabmeat crumbled into a mound. With six crab balls in our order, two people should not split such a small snack. Our entrees were burgers and fries. Food was good (not great) and our time at the CSS was pleasant. Our recommendation of CSS is based on reliability and our server who demonstrated the St. Michaels charm is a constant reminder of how hospitality is their constant redeemable asset.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Funky little place in an old building on the main street downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

Strolling St. Michaels, absolutely starving, good smells brought us in. Not a lot of tables, but when all the local business people in town eat there on a week day, it's likely pretty good. And it was - crab cake sandwich for my hubby and fried rockfish (striped bass) sandwich for me; delicious sweet potato fries shared. One of the coolest things is the walls of the dining room - painted in trompe l'oeil fashion to look like brick and windows looking out over the water - VERY realistic. Would definitely eat there again, if in town.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Landenberg, Pennsylvania
“Great local joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2011

My husband and I, on our honeymoon, decided to check out this local pub one evening. This place far exceeded my expectations – great bar food, friendly service, and good conversation with the locals. We will definitely stop back the next time we’re in town.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore MD
“Good food? I'll never know”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

The Wednesday after Labor Day in St Michael's; beautiful day to be on the Eastern Shore. We saw the sign for the best burgers on the Eastern Shore and decided to check it out ourselves. The place is a dark, serious beer drinking bar with a dining room attached which had large windows facing the sidewalk. Even though it was a great day for outdoor dining, we decided to take our chances and took a seat in front of the window. A table of four women were waiting for their check. Another table of two older couples were waiting for their food. Waitresses were passing us going back and forth to the bar in the other room. The group of women got their check, divided it up and paid and left. The two couples after waiting for a while got their sandwiches. The waitresses (more than one)continued to walk by counting money and clearing the table that was now empty. Another couple came in, sat down and was waited on.
We never were greeted, received a glass of water, nothing. The only thing I got was cranky.
I also got attitude when I mentioned when leaving that we had been sitting for more than 20 minutes. I guess those other 8 people were too much for the overworked staff. I hope their business and tips the rest of the season are exactly what they gave me - nothing.