“"Overall terrific experience!"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aida's Victoriana Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Michaels
Aida's Victoriana Inn
You added Aida's Victoriana Inn to your Saves list
205 Cherry St., St. Michaels, MD 21663   |
Ranked #3 of 13 St. Michaels B&B and Inns
Broomall, PA
“"Overall terrific experience!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

I surprised my husband for his birthday with a weekend at the Victoriana Inn. We'd an absolutely wonderful experience with our visit at this b&b. The inn keeper, Aida, was charming, warm, and she honestly couldn't do enough for us. She kept reminding us to feel like we were at home. The room was comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. We can't wait for our next trip to St. Michaels and we'll certianly make reservations here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We planned a short trip to celebrate my 50th birthday. Unfortunately, we had to miss the first day of the trip because of a medical emergency. Aida's iron-clad contract (I have never seen one like this at a B&B before and we have stayed in many) meant that we had to pay for both nights anyway so we planned to arrive early the second day and hoped for something special to make up the loss of the first night.

Aida was not available at all during our stay so maybe things would have been different had she been there but we felt the inn was overpriced and we did not receive any of the niceties mentioned in other reviews. Snacks were packages of peanut butter crackers and hard butterscotch candies in our room. The room was a bit "tired" with paint peeling from pipes above and landing all over the floor and on the bed which had a large "dip" in the middle of the mattrass. At night the radiators suddenly came on and our room temperature rose to 76 before we opened windows, turned on the AC and finally shut off the radiator pipes.

It is still early in the season at St. Michaels so the lawn had not yet been mowed and the fish pond/pool was filled with debris. As I said in the title, this may have largely been a matter of bad timing. If we had been able to enjoy the porches and outdoors in warmer weather, everything else may have paled. But given the circumstances, this was a disappointing experience.

The highlight of the trip was dinner at Ava's Pizzaria...give it a try!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Glen Mills PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

My husband and I visited Saint Michaels for a getaway for the two of us. We found Aida's Victoriana Inn on the Internet. The place was even more lovely then the pictures. After spending only ten minutes with Aida you could tell she is definitely one of those exceptional people who welcomes you into her home as if you are family. She was incredibly friendly and helpful. We rented the junior suite. The room was clean, comfortable, and we had a gorgeous view of the water from the deck. The Inn is located within walking distance of everything. There were several great restaurants. It was a wonderful relaxing two days. My husband and I have stayed and many B&B's over the years and I would certainly rate Aida's as one of the best for it's location the beauty of the house and most importantly for the charm of the innkeeper. Thanks for everything Aida.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Poulsbo, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

We are from Seattle and were traveling after attending a meeting in Pennsylvania. The weather was very hot, so we decided to head for the water. Friends had mentioned that St. Michael's was worth a visit, so we drove there on a Friday without reservations. We parked near the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum and ate lunch on the waterfront.
After lunch, we took a walk to try to figure out where to stay. Our short walk took us right to Aida's Victoriana Inn. Aida, the owner, had one room left for the weekend and we took it. That evening she served appetizers and pop and wine for all her guests so they could meet and get to know each other. It was rainy, but warm, so we all sat on her porch overlooking the water and chatted until bedtime.
Our room was lovely; comfy bed, a nice-sized private bathroom with a hair-dryer, shampoo and conditioner and a pretty view of her garden from our window.
Aida served us two great breakfasts during our stay. With each breakfast she served fresh fruit, juice and coffee. The first day we had delicious eggs benedict. The second day she served wonderful French toast. Aida used to own a diner, so cooking for her guests was a snap. She is the heart of this place; fun, caring, warm and consumed with making sure her guests have a memorable stay. We have recommended this lovely little inn to our friends and look forward to a return visit.

• Liked — Room, waterfront location, meals and host
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

Arriving in Saint Michaels one imidiately understands that the Victoriana Inn is the place to stay. The location is perfect with the quiet porch overlooking the water. Aida, the owner is a wonderful host that always makes you feel welcome and comfortable. For me visiting from Europe this was the perfect spot to show the best the United States has to offer.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

My second stay at Aida's Victoriana Inn, and I have to say I enjoyed it even more than I did two years ago. I decided to take a last minute weekend getaway and chose to revisit the Victoriana. Once again it proved to be the perfect place to get away and relax. The water view from the porch and my room were as beautiful as I remembered. There were quite a few updates to the decor including bedding, and furniture that kept true to its victorian charm. I also noticed the improvements to the landscape with more flowers, and greenery, which made sitting on either of the fabulous porches even more of a pleasure. A delicious breakfast and friendly service were just icing on the cake. I will definitely be visiting St. Michaels again and staying at the Victoriana Inn.

• Liked — The accomodations, location and service were excellent.
  • Disliked — Loved my stay no complaints
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bethesda, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

I am not sure I am going to write this to the level our Dear Inn Keeper, Aida, deserves - Our whole family now thinks of her inn as our perfect getaway!

We have stayed only twice and I am now making plans to return this summer for a minimum of 4 times! Aida, has opened her heart and home to make for a perfect B&B experience...

On our first trip, we arrived on on a very rainy Friday afternoon. We were warmly welecomed to a feast of wine, beer, sodas, and the dining room table was loaded with treats to erase the week's stress. My mother, who is not so able, was shown a room on the first floor - my daughter (13 years old) was sad because the bed was perfect for a princess. My teenagers and I stayed in rooms on the second floor.

What peace to see right from the large comfortable porch - the beauty of St. Michaels. Aida worked hard to make sure that we were all completely comfortable. And we were! The living room has everything from a nice TV to watch movies to books to explore.

The kitchen is perfectly clean - and since we were leaving early to join friends at the beach, Aida made sure to have coffee and travel friendly foods for us. We know she is a terriffic hostess and we regret that we were not able to stay for the breakfast.

A few weeks later, I returned now with my husband, mother, and two teenagers. Aida was stuck in an airport due to a storm. She had a friend welcome us. We were sad to not see her but, we knew we were home away from home.

We have stayed at many b&b's internationally - we do not hesitate to recommend hers as one of the best.

• Liked — Everything!!!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Aida's Victoriana Inn? Share your experiences!