“Terrible customer service!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Nottingham
“Terrible customer service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I called Little Lou's on Saturday August 1st to order crabs for a birthday party on Sunday August 2nd. The girl who answered the phone was very rude and acted like I was bothering her. Attitude through the whole conversation, but I let that slide since I have had crabs from here before and have even recommended them to other people. They would not deliver to my house so I had the crabs delivered to my mother's who the party was for. So the day of the party the crabs were to be delivered to my mother at 3:30. Well the crabs arrived late, around 4pm. Second, the delivery guy dropped the bushel of crabs and the crabs were on the sidewalk and grass. I know mistakes happen and the bit was very apologetic, but when my mom called the shop to tell them what had happened she got the girl with the attitude on the phone and her response was, "well what do you want me to do about it!" My mother asked about getting other crabs and she said we could bring the bushel back and they would clean them and resteam the crabs. My mom said no because they were for a party and people were waiting on the crabs. My mom asked for money to be taken off the bill and the girl said $5. My mom stated no way and finally the girl agreed to $20 off the bushel. So once the crabs got to the party, they were not so good. A lot of the crabs were hollow inside with no meat and mushy! After the terrible customer service and bad crabs, they lost a few customers and I will be sure to tell the people who I recommended to go here forget about it now!!!!

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hershey
“Good subs and fries.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We took a road trip just to try Lou's. Enjoyed the country ride and the food at Little Lou's. Long way to travel for a sub , the only disappointment was the service. Not friendly at all. The seafood looked good, but we did not order any seafood. Our order was the everyday special , 2 subs, 2 fries, 2 drinks for 13.99. This is a take out only place, so we took our food to a local park to enjoy.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Maryland,US
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Wife and I have heard good things about their crabs, so we went there for our first crabs of the year. We ordered a dozen of their biggest/best crabs. What we got didn't impress, about five were actually full, the rest, not so.

I just expected better. Maybe if they had thrown in an extra crab or so. But no.

We did order a variety of other seafood off the menu. I recommend the codfish cakes.

Maybe we caught them on an off night, maybe we will try them for the smaller crabs.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
baltimore
“excellent steamed crabs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

as a life-long baltimorean, i've tried countless carry-out crab places. a friend of mine turned me on to this place for steamed crabs, and although it's not exactly convenient to where i reside, this is now the place where i get my carry-out crabs. well seasoned, reasonably priced and always fresh. but it is strictly a carry-out joint.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Mr. Lou's is the man with the best fresh crabbs around the Rosedale area. The devilled eggs are phenomenal...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

Mr. Lou's is the man with the best fresh crabbs around the Rosedale area. The devilled eggs are phenomenal!! Everything is freshly made in house. Great carry out or delivery!