“Clean and spacious !” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Clean and spacious !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were looking for a family friendly place to stay near Baltimore and we found this hidden gem ! The staff is friendly , the rooms are super clean and the beds are so comfortable. My 13 to son loves the pool and the breakfast is very nice . The only thing is the fridge in the room isn't very cold. There is a microwave in the room to heat up leftovers though ! We would stay here again !

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Powell, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

All the staff I encountered were very friendly and helpful. I had a standard king and it seemed larger than other country inn that I have been too. I slept great and had no noise issues. Breakfast was also very good. One thing that i enjoyed was that they have multiple flavored creamers for coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Aberdeen, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for most of the last 3 months. The staff is extremely friendly, attentive, and helpful, the rooms and grounds are well-kept and clean, with good laundry and computer/printer access. Having been here for such an extended period, I was able to see a wide variety of circumstances, both good and bad, that were well-handled by the staff. I saw the staff come together on several occasions to ensure the best possible guest experience, particularly for "breakfast rushes". I had a couple of minor problems with my rooms and the fix was quick to come. The manager does a great job here and he has a great, well-trained staff to support him. This hotel has been a great value for me, and I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay away from the ends of the building as the door bars are loud when people exit the building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was traveling with a co-worker who has the worst bedbug phobia I've ever seen. We were going to stay at a very cool hotel crafted out of a factory in Fells Point, but he was worried because he'd read online that downtown hotels can be more prone to the bugs. Anyway, back to the Country Inn and Suites - My traveling partner literally tore apart the bed and sheets and everything and while we didn't find any bedbugs, we did find several packets of unused condoms between the mattress and box springs.He also thought the sheets didn't look clean - and one thing's for sure, there were scuff marks on the walls and patchwork that hadn't been re-painted. Even though we'd arrived at nearly 1am, the hotel attendant was able to put us into a new room right next to the front desk, after delivering a bunch of apologies. That room was immaculate - and definitely smelled fresher than our first room. The next day, the manager apologized some more and lived up to his promise to give me 10,000 hotel points. During the week, the hotel's ample breakfast is served on dinnerware... on the weekends, you get paper plates. But the assortment of food was pretty impressive and everything was good. The health club and business office were also neat, orderly and adequate. I'd missed the free home-baked cookies on the first day - they're near the coffee and tea dispensers in the lobby. The location is convenient for people who like big box chain stores... every major brand, including a WalMart, is probably within 3 minutes of the hotel. But it's definitely a hike to downtown Baltimore and all the attractions. I- 95 is crowded and difficult to drive on, even after 10pm. So bottom line, after a bad first impression, the hotel kept getting better - especially when we realized that EVERY employee we encountered over 4 days was cheerful and helpful. I can forgive a bad first room.

Room Tip: the room right by the office is probably very clean but it can be noisy - from both the hallway and...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed three nights, no real complaints but a couple of comments.

The carpet in my room had been "repaired" for lack of a better term. It appears they replaced a large strip of carpeting with a newer piece. Okay...not sure why a small room wouldn't simply be re-carpeted instead of patched...somewhat of a cheap repair job as it wasn't even stretched and was a tripping hazard at night. This is not something you expect from a hotel chain as large as Carlson.

I was also a bit disappointed with breakfast, they seemed to run out of things at 6:30AM especially the oatmeal and eggs.

But overall it was a very pleasant stay and the hotel was clean and neat. The staff in the kitchen, front desk and housekeeping were very polite but it appears they are short staffed.

They did have a great restaurant close by called Dellis and was highly recommended by some locals...excellent choice for crab cakes or anything else and reasonably priced!

Room Tip: They all appear to be nice rooms except mine with the patched carpeting.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Beautiful Jersey shore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were driving home from FL through a terrible rainstorm on 4/19/13. By 11:30 pm we were just north of Baltimore, nowhere here our NJ home, and the rain showed no sign of letting up. Rather than risk continuing on for another 3+ hours we decided to stop. Using the Trip Advisor mobile app we found the Country Inn & Suites Baltimore North. Are we glad we did.

We received a warm welcome, even without a reservation, and the desk clerk found us a suitable room. The rate was more than we wanted to spend, but it was shelter from the storm and we were happy to have it. The room was perfect, with a comfy king bed, a fairly spacious bathroom, and a fully functional kitchen with a fridge, microwave and even a dishwasher! This would be the perfect room for a longer vacation, but again, we were thrilled to have it.

In the morning we ate a full breakfast of eggs, sausage and potatoes, skipping the now ubiquitous waffle iron, while the sun streamed through the windows. I don't expect we will return, but I would have no problem staying here again if the situation arises, and I will definitely look to this chain again for my travel needs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 6 nights. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was also clean, shampoo, body soap and body cream available. Water pressure was ok but would have preferred more pressure though. The bed was comfortable and sheets clean. Changed daily upon request. room temperature well controlled.The staff were nice and helpful.
Breakfast not exciting but you expect that at a hotel of that category. Self service but that is fine. Waffle machine, different cereals, porridge, a variety of juices, scrambled eggs, muffins, bagels etc. on one day fried eggs were available but they did not taste good at all. warm feeling of the reception area. Was unable to use pool and gym. Ice and vending machine on each floor. I would stay there again and would recommend it to other people. The area is not great but stayed there due to business commitment so cannot complain.a few restaurants close to hotel. Walking distance from those places.
Upon arrival the receptionist was nice and helpful but not knowledgable of the local area. I followed my GPS and got to were I want. Walk up call requested every morning but for some reason did not get it on 1st day.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CountryBalMD, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Baltimore North, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for being our guest. We appreciate your compliments; we will continue to focus on these key areas for best guest experience and thank you for making notes where improvements are needed. It will be our first priority and take necessary steps. We appreciate an opportunity to host your stay and we look forward to see you on your next trip to Baltimore.

Sinrecely,

Deepak Patel

Been to Country Inn & Suites Baltimore North? Share your experiences!