“Excellent Value and Courteous Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Excellent Value and Courteous Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

We stayed here overnight to visit Washington DC. The hotel staff members (including shuttle drivers) were courteous and helpful. They gave us good tips about traveling in DC via the Metro. If we ever visit DC again, we will definitely stay here!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Christopher_Zindash, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Dear Earlsgroup.

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are very proud of our property, and also very happy you enjoyed your stay! I am especially pleased that you found our team to be helpful with questions and suggestions. We pride ourselves on being a clean and friendly hotel, so your comments help direct us in continuing our best efforts.

Please do visit again! We know the economy has everyone being very cautious with vacations and trips, but visiting the Nation's Capital is a great family trip and staying at our Sleep Inn is a great value!

Chris Zindash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

We stayed here four nights to use the Metro to visit DC. The service was very good, particularly Amir at the desk and Mike in the breakfast area. The free shuttle to the Metro was nice and very busy.
The hotel is located in a quiet area, but there is very little within walking distance. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Christopher_Zindash, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, June 28, 2010
Dear greatmonday,

Thank you for taking the time to review and comment on the Sleep Inn Rockville! We appreciate your feedback and are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

I'm especially pleased to hear that our associates did a good job in taking care of you while you were here. We pride ourselves on great service, and work hard every day to do the best for our guests! I'll be sure to share your comments with Amir and Mike.

We are conveniently located to the DC/Shady Grove Metro, and many guests like you appreciate the convenience. I noted your comments about things within walking distance, and although some things are a little farther for those that don't want to walk too much our shuttle service extends to area attractions as well as the Metro.

We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the neighborhood! Thanks again for your feedback and comments, we appreciate your time and efforts.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

If you're looking for accommodations close to the NIH/NNMC, finding hotels around Rockville/Shady Grove is much easier on the pocket than staying in downtown Bethesda. The Sleep Inn pretty much did the job in terms of having a comfortable place to stay at night. Nothing too fancy. There was some issues with the air-conditioner and the room smelled kind of musty. However, the staff was friendly, they accepted our RoomSaver coupon and the breakfast was more than adequate. Much quieter than I had expected it to be. If you're looking for a no-frills hotel and want a place to sleep rather than a place to vacation, this Sleep Inn will do it quite well for you!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
CZindash, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, June 18, 2010
Dear willworkforhotelroom (I like your code name!):

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and it allows us to continue doing the good things and fix the areas of improvement.

I'm glad you found our staff pleasant, and the room to your expectations. I agree with your comments regarding lodging in the Bethesda market; it is a little easier out in the suburbs, and we are glad you find us to be a good fit for your travel to our neighborhood.

I did note your comments regarding the air conditioning in your room, and I've asked our engineering team to review this unit and service if necessary. During the summer in DC, the air conditioning runs pretty much nonstop, and sometimes the units require additional service as they get musty from running constantly. Next time please let us know when you are here so we can resolve during your stay.

Thank you again for your comments and choosing to stay with us when you traveled to our area. We do hope you will come visit us again should your trip bring you back to our neighborhood! We agree with you that we are a great little value just outside of DC!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I am a Choice Privileges member & always book rooms through them, & I have accumulated many points. However, this day, I decided to use the Room Saver coupon. We didn't choose lodging in Alexandria, choosing to drive to Rockville and use the coupon. The receptionist male said "We don't honor those." (On a Tuesday) he offered me the AAA rate of $109, something I hadn't ever paid for a small room like this. I went to the car, found a better organization rate on the internet and booked the room, and I was disappointed in the value I received for $103, w/o tax yet. We arrived from dinner one hour later and found two buses of students unloading, 108 people in all, -- bedlam. I wish he had mentioned this as a courtesy. This location looks to be for corporate people only (who can pay higher rates) and not for retired people like me and my hb. I felt that we were leftovers. Our room was a handicapped room, and we liked that enlarged shower! The towels were fluffy. The water pressure was poor, before the 108 people showered. The towel rod fell to the floor. However, there is an office center and I was able to print my boarding pass to leave from BMI. I do not recommend this for people like us. We like Sleep Inns and have found much better ones that this for a lesser price, such as, $70 or less.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear RetiredSecretary,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experiences. I've noted that you enjoyed some of your stay with us, while other portions had some issues. I'll do my best to address them here in both regards.

I'm sorry there was confusion regarding the use of a discount coupon upon arrival at the hotel. There are so many programs out there these days, and each one has different requirements and guidelines. The Roomsaver program is very unique because these discounts are purely based upon availability. As you learned quickly during your visit with us, the night you came by it was very busy in the hotel as we had numerous groups staying with us. As supply and demand dictates, this was a case of the hotel being almost fully booked. Thus, the rates available on the last few rooms are generally higher. As compared with other Sleep Inn Hotels in our brand, we do typically have higher rates because of our location to Washington, DC and the heavier business levels we generally have in this area. I'm sorry this was surprising to you, as it was to me when I moved here years ago.

Regarding your note about our groups at the hotel, I'm not quite sure what we could notify our guests of as a courtesy without sounding unprofessional or inappropriate in our business. We value all of our guests very much, whether they travel by bus, come to visit us for business purposes, or are on a leisure trip. I know that water pressure can be affected by large group usage at once, and I'm sorry if this inconvenienced you during your stay.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed the new towels, as well as the functionality of our business center. We strive to do everything we can to make our guests comfortable during their stay. I did make a note about the towel bar and will instruct our engineering team to review this and ensure it is corrected.

Thank you again for your time and efforts to share your experience with us. We take all guest comments very seriously, both positive and no-so-good, and do our best to improve everyday. I'll be sure to follow up with the areas that need additional attention. I hope you will consider visiting us again in the future, and if I can be of personal assistance please call on me.

At Your Service,

Lewes, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Check in was slow, but easy. The front desk people never seemed to be at the desk. The room was a good size, but it was hard sleeping. The heater was very loud, but it did work well. The breakfast was your typical carb breakfast. The food person was always there, filling up as needed. The choice was limited, but everything was fresh and easy to get too. When we came back from being out we could not get into the room. Even the desk clerk could not get us in. They had to get a maintenance man, but he was not even on site. The housekeeping person, perhaps a supervisor, did get us in. After that they gave us a room, which was directly across the hall. The transfer was easy. A housekeeper had been in to make up the bed, etc. My question is didn't she realize there was a lock problem and if so why didn't she report that? Also I tried to use the one computer they had for internet access. There was another person on it and I could tell she was not going to get off anytime soon. Good thing I didn't need to check in at the airport! All in all it was a good value for the money.Maybe they should alter their food choices and add at least one computer.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
CZindash, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
Dear deseashell,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We appreciate your feedback, as it is used to continue to improve our need areas and excel at the things we do well.

I'm sorry you had a few issues during your stay. It seems like my team worked hard to correct any problems and make things better. Regarding the door locks, the housekeeper probably didn't have any issues or else she would not have been able to enter your room. I'll be sure to get with our engineering team to ensure preventative maintenance is performed to reduce this incidence. I'll also be speaking with my front desk associates to ensure we are attentive and ready to serve our guests. Sometimes we have multiple tasks to complete, but being available for our guest is the most important task.

Also, I do appreciate your suggestions regarding our breakfast program. Sleep Inn has a specific program we have to follow, but I will be investigating some options to create some additional variety for our guests. We know that some folks travel frequently, and a little variety is nice!

I am pleased that you found our hotel comfortable during your stay. We do understand that sometimes things happen during your stay, but it is our goal to resolve them and do our best to make sure you are comfortable.

We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Rockville!

NewYork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Hotel overall was very good clean nd comfortable.But thr is no high speed internet in some rooms. And yeah other thing is i think thr is some promblem in making local calls from rooms.And wish thy had microwave in every room.Rest everything is gud.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Dear Venessa999,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Sleep Inn Rockville. We appreciate your input, and are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!

I was aware of the internet problems during your stay. We did have one week during February where we experienced intermittant outages with our services. I'm very sorry this happened while you were here. I worked most of that week with our providers and we have corrected these issues with internet service. Again, I apologize if it affected your stay with us. The local phone calls were also related because it operates on a service similar to internet access. This too has been resolved.

Overall, your stay with us was good and we are glad to hear that! We do hope that you will visit us again when you return to the neighborhood, and should you have additional questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2009

My wife and I spent one night at this hotel and found it to be very nice. The staff was friendly, the rates were reasonable, the room was clean and comfortable, and the continental breakfast was quite good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
CZindash, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, October 2, 2009
Dear Outta Town 1980:

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit! We pride ourselves on a clean and friendly hotel, and i'm glad you experienced that. I'll be sure to share your comments with our team.

Chris Zindash

Been to Sleep Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!