“Fantastic Find with Great Location Best Budget Hotel in DC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Rockville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Fantastic Find with Great Location Best Budget Hotel in DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2004

I travel to the Washington area on business virtually every week arriving on Monday and leaving on Friday. Due to a limited travel budget I generally stay at budget chains such as Motel 6 and Days Inn, these hotels have proven to be run down and usually in challenging neighborhoods. When I arrived to check in at the Sleep Inn Shady Grove for my first stay back in June I was stunned. The staff was friendly and professional, the rooms clean, comfortable, modern and well appointed. I enjoyed the continental breakfast they provided. Each room has a small refridgerator and there is a microwave in the dining area. This was very convenient for preparing in room meals ( a nice thing when you spend four nights a week in a hotel. The biggest challenge I faced was that I could not get a decent connection to the internet through dialup and did not want to pay for the hotel's wireless service. Also I would have liked a better channel selection on the cable TV, this was surprising as the Motel 6 I had previously been using had full basic cable and HBO. I will point out that these are minor problems given the value of the hotel which was as nice as some mid-scale downtown hotels. I regret that the summer is over and I won't be able to continue staying at the hotel as it is now priced beyond my travel budget. If I was able to stay at the same rate I've been getting through the summer I would continue to use the property.

• Stayed August 2004, traveled on business

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
North Troy, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2004

For $45/night (at DCRooms.com), I wasn't expecting much; but what a surprise! Check-in was very easy (William at the front desk was really helpful), and there were Crape Myrtles in bloom everywhere. The room was pleasant (complete with refrigerator and iron/ironing board). The outdoor pool was nice, too (but doesn't open 'til noon). Breakfast was OK, unless you're on a low-carb diet. Access from I-270 (Shady Grove exit) was only a minute away, but the hotel is set back in a quiet court and I couldn't hear the traffic from my room. I'd go back, even for their regular low rates.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2004

This was a great hotel. Mostly because at DC Rooms.com I got a great rate! For 45.00 a night during peak season. We stayed 5 nights and it only cost us 252.oo with tax! O.k., the room only had a shower, no tub, BUT... the room was very clean, fairly large, and had a refrigerator (but nothing special) they also have an outdoor pool. Oh, yea, they have a pretty decent continental breakfast too. The hotel staff was very polite, professional, and accomidating. The hotel is right next to the Shadey Grove Metro station and is only a 20 minuet Metro ride into DC and is in a very nice suberb. There are shops and lots of resturants nearby, and a movie theater. Overall it was a great value for a simple traveler.

Been to Sleep Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sleep Inn Shady Grove

Address: 2 Research Ct, Rockville, MD 20850-3212
Location: United States > Maryland > Rockville
#7 Business Hotel in Rockville
Hotel Class:2 star — Sleep Inn Shady Grove 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Sleep Inn Shady Grove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sleep Inn Shady Grove Hotel Rockville
Shady Grove Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn Rockville
Rockville Sleep Inn

If you own or manage Sleep Inn Shady Grove, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.