“Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Bowie, Maryland
“Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My room was changed without informing me about it. The new room they gave me was occupied already when I tried to open it. I was very frustrated about my stay there. The room was cold and not warm enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Amir C, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

You will be Happy to know that, as a result of guest feedback like yours we have implemented the following changes. Make sure to have room verified by another associated before moving guest into different room.

We would like you to give us the chance to show changes we have made to satisfy our guests.

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Middletown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had to check in due to a horrible snow storm coming in. We were booked for 2 days. The staff was so courteous and helpful...finding places to eat, hooking up to the internet....etc. The rooms were extremely clean and had everything we needed. The continental breakfast was better then most, with just your dry bagels and muffin. It was continually stocked when items ran low. We were checked in by achaud, who was very friendly and accomadating. We were checked out by snirol, who was funny, friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Lots of banging doors, though, and could use better pillows. We asked for extras, though, and we got them.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor which was a great location to the diner and ice machine, but louder due...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Hotel a little off rd but not far. Staff courteous and friendly. rooms are newly remodeled. No tub but stand up shower with poor water pressure. Sort of have to run around to get wet. Has mini fridge but no microwave in room. Have to go up front if u need something warmed up. Bed was nice and firm and slept well. Not a bad stay if your a businessman or passing thru. Was very quiet.

• Stayed February 2014

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

It was my first trip to the east coast and it was on business so I was excited. I was booked a room here through my company and they made a good choice. Nice little hotel in Maryland with free breakfast. I only ate one day there but they had all the usuals. Only negative thing I have to say is that the hotel is pretty outdated and not too much immediately close going on. I suggest updating and modernizing. But the beds were comfy and the rooms were quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
sunburstSilverSpring, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking time to post your feed back about your recent stay at our hotel.
We look forward to see you soon.

Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

If you're looking for an affordable stay in the Rockville area, this is it. This hotel was clean, rooms are updated, nice desk area in the room, and the staff was super nice! This is my 2nd stay here and would come back for a 3rd if in the area.

Good luck in your travels!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Earl R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you soon
boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the Sleep Inn while looking for housing in the Rockville area. The price was good for our 2 nights and the room clean and the beds comfortable. The heating system is the old radiator type which made the room very hot when turned on. We ended up shutting the heat off at night even though it was 5 degrees outside. The free breakfast buffet was nice with waffles, juices, cereal, eggs, sausages and pastries and bagels. Coffe and tea was free all day.
The only complaint I have was the room location, room 124,the first one. It was next to the area where the buffet was set up and at 5 am both days we were awakened to drawers and cabinets ope Ning and closing,
Great location, would stay again.

Room Tip: Not room 124
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you soon
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed in this hotel because I just sold my bed and had an appointment nearby. So I got here around 10pm at night. The hotel was ok. The front desk boys who greeted me were very laid back and a bit vulgar, dropping four letter words as they greeted me. They weren't being rude, just swearing to describe things so very unprofessional. They put me in a room first that had people walking above me so I asked to be moved. They put me on the upper floor right by the laundry room and ice machine so I heard that all night, but after a while it sounded like white noise.

The bathroom wasn't in great condition as there were many wear marks on the fixtures. The sheets were a bit starchy but it was fine.

I had to run off in the morning so I didn't have time to try the breakfast but it wasn't a horrible stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a floor on the upper level.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Been to Sleep Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!