“Our stay at the Sleep Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Rockville
Middletown, Maryland
“Our stay at the Sleep Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We had to check in due to a horrible snow storm coming in. We were booked for 2 days. The staff was so courteous and helpful...finding places to eat, hooking up to the internet....etc. The rooms were extremely clean and had everything we needed. The continental breakfast was better then most, with just your dry bagels and muffin. It was continually stocked when items ran low. We were checked in by achaud, who was very friendly and accomadating. We were checked out by snirol, who was funny, friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Lots of banging doors, though, and could use better pillows. We asked for extras, though, and we got them.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor which was a great location to the diner and ice machine, but louder due...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Amir C, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Hotel a little off rd but not far. Staff courteous and friendly. rooms are newly remodeled. No tub but stand up shower with poor water pressure. Sort of have to run around to get wet. Has mini fridge but no microwave in room. Have to go up front if u need something warmed up. Bed was nice and firm and slept well. Not a bad stay if your a businessman or passing thru. Was very quiet.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Guest,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

It was my first trip to the east coast and it was on business so I was excited. I was booked a room here through my company and they made a good choice. Nice little hotel in Maryland with free breakfast. I only ate one day there but they had all the usuals. Only negative thing I have to say is that the hotel is pretty outdated and not too much immediately close going on. I suggest updating and modernizing. But the beds were comfy and the rooms were quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
sunburstSilverSpring, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking time to post your feed back about your recent stay at our hotel.
We look forward to see you soon.

Thank you.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

If you're looking for an affordable stay in the Rockville area, this is it. This hotel was clean, rooms are updated, nice desk area in the room, and the staff was super nice! This is my 2nd stay here and would come back for a 3rd if in the area.

Good luck in your travels!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Earl R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you soon
boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the Sleep Inn while looking for housing in the Rockville area. The price was good for our 2 nights and the room clean and the beds comfortable. The heating system is the old radiator type which made the room very hot when turned on. We ended up shutting the heat off at night even though it was 5 degrees outside. The free breakfast buffet was nice with waffles, juices, cereal, eggs, sausages and pastries and bagels. Coffe and tea was free all day.
The only complaint I have was the room location, room 124,the first one. It was next to the area where the buffet was set up and at 5 am both days we were awakened to drawers and cabinets ope Ning and closing,
Great location, would stay again.

Room Tip: Not room 124
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you soon
Daly City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed in this hotel because I just sold my bed and had an appointment nearby. So I got here around 10pm at night. The hotel was ok. The front desk boys who greeted me were very laid back and a bit vulgar, dropping four letter words as they greeted me. They weren't being rude, just swearing to describe things so very unprofessional. They put me in a room first that had people walking above me so I asked to be moved. They put me on the upper floor right by the laundry room and ice machine so I heard that all night, but after a while it sounded like white noise.

The bathroom wasn't in great condition as there were many wear marks on the fixtures. The sheets were a bit starchy but it was fine.

I had to run off in the morning so I didn't have time to try the breakfast but it wasn't a horrible stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a floor on the upper level.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Having been rejected by my normal chain, with whom I had made a reservation, because my dog was in excess of their pet weight limit, I was referred to the Sleep Inn. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this newly renovated room. Tastefully decorated with all the amenities we needed for a one night stay. Staff were friendly and welcomed my dog! Complimentary hot breakfast too!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family