“Rock On Rockville Sleep Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Los Angeles, California
“Rock On Rockville Sleep Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

It was my first trip to the east coast and it was on business so I was excited. I was booked a room here through my company and they made a good choice. Nice little hotel in Maryland with free breakfast. I only ate one day there but they had all the usuals. Only negative thing I have to say is that the hotel is pretty outdated and not too much immediately close going on. I suggest updating and modernizing. But the beds were comfy and the rooms were quiet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
sunburstSilverSpring, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking time to post your feed back about your recent stay at our hotel.
We look forward to see you soon.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

If you're looking for an affordable stay in the Rockville area, this is it. This hotel was clean, rooms are updated, nice desk area in the room, and the staff was super nice! This is my 2nd stay here and would come back for a 3rd if in the area.

Good luck in your travels!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Earl R, General Manager at Sleep Inn Shady Grove, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you soon
boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed at the Sleep Inn while looking for housing in the Rockville area. The price was good for our 2 nights and the room clean and the beds comfortable. The heating system is the old radiator type which made the room very hot when turned on. We ended up shutting the heat off at night even though it was 5 degrees outside. The free breakfast buffet was nice with waffles, juices, cereal, eggs, sausages and pastries and bagels. Coffe and tea was free all day.
The only complaint I have was the room location, room 124,the first one. It was next to the area where the buffet was set up and at 5 am both days we were awakened to drawers and cabinets ope Ning and closing,
Great location, would stay again.

Room Tip: Not room 124
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We sincerely appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel.

We hope to see you soon
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed in this hotel because I just sold my bed and had an appointment nearby. So I got here around 10pm at night. The hotel was ok. The front desk boys who greeted me were very laid back and a bit vulgar, dropping four letter words as they greeted me. They weren't being rude, just swearing to describe things so very unprofessional. They put me in a room first that had people walking above me so I asked to be moved. They put me on the upper floor right by the laundry room and ice machine so I heard that all night, but after a while it sounded like white noise.

The bathroom wasn't in great condition as there were many wear marks on the fixtures. The sheets were a bit starchy but it was fine.

I had to run off in the morning so I didn't have time to try the breakfast but it wasn't a horrible stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a floor on the upper level.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Having been rejected by my normal chain, with whom I had made a reservation, because my dog was in excess of their pet weight limit, I was referred to the Sleep Inn. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this newly renovated room. Tastefully decorated with all the amenities we needed for a one night stay. Staff were friendly and welcomed my dog! Complimentary hot breakfast too!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The rate for accommodation

If you are looking for a hotel with a low price, I recommend this hotel, "Sleep Inn". This is cheap, comfort is mid level, and some affordable facilities there are.
First of all, speaking of the location and the area around it is great. It is located on Rockville, Washington D.C. and only 20miles from the White House, the Washington monument, the university of Maryland and Smithsonian institution. Also I arrived at the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and it took for me to get to the hotel less than two hours by car from the airport. In my free time, I went to the Montgomery mall. This shopping mall was huge and had about 190 stores. I really enjoyed shopping there and I ate sushi-roll at the food court. There were various kinds of restaurants so you could eat whatever you liked. Therefore, around this hotel, there are lots of kinds of great facilities.
Second, about the actual hotel, this is not super comfortable. Actually, I stayed here for about three weeks when I was on my school trip. I think whether this hotel is good or not depends on your purpose. I cannot recommend it to people who are really sensitive. That's why you can stay there only $70 for a day I think. Speaking of comfort, there are many kinds of good materials. I was glad that there were laundry machines, free-wifi, PC, hair dryer and I held a party in the big multi-purpose room. Also, I had buffet style breakfast for every morning. The price contained it too. They were pancakes, waffles, toasts, or any other American foods. It had kid's plates too, so I think family can also enjoy it. During summer, you can enjoy swimming pool outside but actually I visited there in spring so I couldn't. Additionally, staffs are friendly. Not always but often they bring me my baggages. I think they are relatively casual, not so formal but they do things which they should do at least. The most problem was, when I had a breakfast, plates were really dirty. I meant, they were not washed and cleaned up completely. It was really disgusting.
Anyway, if your purpose is just to stay, you will be satisfied with this hotel. Just enjoy the sight seeing around there!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our room was a good size, very modern and updated. It was on the first level, but we didn't hear any noise from the street, which was great. The breakfast could have been better, there was a very little selection of foods; however, the breakfast staff was very hospitable. The front desk receptionists and shuttle drivers were very polite and well mannered except for one receptionist named Natalie.
We had a little misfortune with the shuttle service and went to talk to her about it. Instead of apologizing about the delay, she was rude and told us it was our responsibility to stand outside in the 30degree weather and wait 30minutes for the shuttle to arrive. She said the front desk does not call guests upon shuttle's arrival, but somehow other receptionists did that, but Natalie did not. She was rude and presented a very poor costumer service.
I would overall recommend the hotel. It's good value for your money.

Room Tip: Book through a travel agent, rather than through the hotel's website. Travel agents often have r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!