“Newly Renovated Room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Toronto, Canada
“Newly Renovated Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Having been rejected by my normal chain, with whom I had made a reservation, because my dog was in excess of their pet weight limit, I was referred to the Sleep Inn. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of this newly renovated room. Tastefully decorated with all the amenities we needed for a one night stay. Staff were friendly and welcomed my dog! Complimentary hot breakfast too!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

134 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

The rate for accommodation

If you are looking for a hotel with a low price, I recommend this hotel, "Sleep Inn". This is cheap, comfort is mid level, and some affordable facilities there are.
First of all, speaking of the location and the area around it is great. It is located on Rockville, Washington D.C. and only 20miles from the White House, the Washington monument, the university of Maryland and Smithsonian institution. Also I arrived at the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and it took for me to get to the hotel less than two hours by car from the airport. In my free time, I went to the Montgomery mall. This shopping mall was huge and had about 190 stores. I really enjoyed shopping there and I ate sushi-roll at the food court. There were various kinds of restaurants so you could eat whatever you liked. Therefore, around this hotel, there are lots of kinds of great facilities.
Second, about the actual hotel, this is not super comfortable. Actually, I stayed here for about three weeks when I was on my school trip. I think whether this hotel is good or not depends on your purpose. I cannot recommend it to people who are really sensitive. That's why you can stay there only $70 for a day I think. Speaking of comfort, there are many kinds of good materials. I was glad that there were laundry machines, free-wifi, PC, hair dryer and I held a party in the big multi-purpose room. Also, I had buffet style breakfast for every morning. The price contained it too. They were pancakes, waffles, toasts, or any other American foods. It had kid's plates too, so I think family can also enjoy it. During summer, you can enjoy swimming pool outside but actually I visited there in spring so I couldn't. Additionally, staffs are friendly. Not always but often they bring me my baggages. I think they are relatively casual, not so formal but they do things which they should do at least. The most problem was, when I had a breakfast, plates were really dirty. I meant, they were not washed and cleaned up completely. It was really disgusting.
Anyway, if your purpose is just to stay, you will be satisfied with this hotel. Just enjoy the sight seeing around there!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Gaithersburg, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our room was a good size, very modern and updated. It was on the first level, but we didn't hear any noise from the street, which was great. The breakfast could have been better, there was a very little selection of foods; however, the breakfast staff was very hospitable. The front desk receptionists and shuttle drivers were very polite and well mannered except for one receptionist named Natalie.
We had a little misfortune with the shuttle service and went to talk to her about it. Instead of apologizing about the delay, she was rude and told us it was our responsibility to stand outside in the 30degree weather and wait 30minutes for the shuttle to arrive. She said the front desk does not call guests upon shuttle's arrival, but somehow other receptionists did that, but Natalie did not. She was rude and presented a very poor costumer service.
I would overall recommend the hotel. It's good value for your money.

Room Tip: Book through a travel agent, rather than through the hotel's website. Travel agents often have r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This was your typical Sleep Inn by Choice Hotels. Not to fancy but the staff was friendly and the room was clean plus comfortable. The breakfast was your standard fare for a Choice Hotel. The rate was reasonable. I would not hesitate to stay here again next time I'm in the area

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Levittown, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stayed there last night. Rate was reasonable, but for the same price, I have stayed at IHG hotels which are far superior. No gym or fitness center. There were three people waiting to check in when I got there and one guy at the desk, so that took a good half an hour. There was also a big of contractors staying there who really like to get their drink on after work. There is a crowne plaza literally across the street. Don't know what their rate is, but I bet it'd be worth it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Nice rooms, good staff, Sajag is very helpful. Breakfast is very good. Great wifi. Good location. Has shuttle bus, Newly Renovated, is a good place for families. for the rate it is everything you can expect and more.

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel is located in a nice area. The staff has a positive attitude and a great help. When I checked in the room smelled good, not the weird smell some rooms tend to have. The rate was slightly higher then most Sleep Inn's but it was for good reason. A. Summer time B. Location C. Events going on in the area. Most of the hotels were sold out in the area during this week. Overal no complaints, and will be coming back to this location

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Sleep Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!