“Not a bad place.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not a bad place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I can't fathom the horrible review given. I just took 42 people, 39 were students, to the Inauguration and we stayed here. My room was clean and I had no problem with the Internet. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. The bed was fine..it wasn't home and it wasn't a 4 star hotel. But then, I didn't pay those prices either. If you want a higher quality, go across the street to the Crown Plaza, but you'll pay a lot more.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was in Sleep Inn, for 14 days, in December and it was an excellent stay with nothing to complain about. Front office staff and other guests very friendly, I had to use their free shuttle to move around and the cab guys are really good people, Spotless room and shower (everything appeared brand new!) and the shower was really dame good. Good Place and Good Sleep for the money you pay. I look forward to going there again in Feb...Rajakumar Duraimurugan, from India.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I checked in late at night and was given a smoking room without being asked after booking the room on Travelocity. Not only did the room have a gut-wrenching nausea-inducing stale cigarette odor, the hallway wasn't any better. I was "lucky" it turned out, they still had a non-smoking room. It was much better but not completely free of the smell. The room was ugly and outdated as sin. Everything was worn looking with that horrible "you can never really get it clean after it's been in a hotel for two decades" patina. The horrible feeling blanket was gross, I had to be careful not to make physical contact with it. I don't know when I last slept in a place where I felt uncomfortable touching things. I am not a germaphobe or primadonna.

This was the worst hotel room I've had in the last decade, in tight competition with a room in an undeveloped town in Cambodia I had recently. Perhaps the worst part is that it wasn't even that cheap. I think it was sixty or seventy dollars. I think you would get a better room in any Motel 6. Unfortunately the room was unrefundable as I had booked it as a mystery deal, the only time I've been disappointed with that program, besides it was after midnight.

Do yourself a favor, go anywhere else in Rockville.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed on a Sunday night, Sept 30, price AAA was 89 plus taxes. Room was recently redone, was very clean. No tub just a walk in shower. Frige plus the regular amentities. The heat and air conditioning worked fine with no odor. We did not use the WiFi. We were there for a funeral so I didn't pay attention to the exercise room, pool or the laundry. The breakfast had eggs, sausage,waffles and the regular foods featured on an expanded continential breakfast. Everything was clean and the attendant kept everything filled . Staff was pleasant and the hotel is in a quiet area.. Check your linens as the maid had forgotten our washcloths and we discovered this too late. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel does not try to be fancy. But the rooms are well appointed, clean, with microwave and refrig.
The breakfast is also not so fancy, but nice array of cold and hot foods. I did not use the shuttle, but all the hotels in this area provide one to the Metro. Having the proximity of the restaurant and bar is very conveinent, and esp the room service from the restaurant as well.
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Liverpool, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had a perfectly excellent trip with nothing to complain about. Pool was open til 10 PM when we got back from DC for our 8 year old, people were getting bar drinks at Crown Plaza and bringing them over to pool if you like, staff and other guests very friendly, free shuttle to metro station saved money, Spotless room and shower (everything appeared brand new!) We stayed on top floor, quiet, maid service was excellent, Breakfast filled us till Dinner, beds were firm and so comfortable, only paid for subway and hotel (breakfasts were free, newspapers were free, coffee was free, shuttle free, free ice for cooler, museums/zoo free in DC too!...) Had computer-slow but good to check mail or do a quick search for restaurants...) Hotel shared shuttle and pool with Crown Plaza next door and room service was Crown Plaza too. Desk staff were very nice. AC was ice cold. We loved staying here to tour DC and see our neighborhoods growing up.... Almost stayed in Bethesda but so glad we chose Shady Grove/Rockville... Less traffic and craziness after running around DC all day... Hotel is in a business park area and so quiet and peacefully situated and nicely landscaped... Very restful and relaxing upon coming back each day... Do this hotel... AARP gives a discount, we just joined and saved the $16 it cost us to join with this hotel... Don't look elsewhere, pick this one for sure!!

Room Tip: third floor room maybe 322 close to elevator and across from laundry room. Directly down on 2nd floo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My family and I are very picky and review and research everything including where to stay for vacation. Our trip we had planned was canceled so we had to put together another trip together in a week. We scheduled this hotel on a Saturday to arrive on Monday, so we were not sure about the quality in such a short time but it was kind of the only hotel available in such a short notice. We were surprised. The room was small and there was no bathtub and had children with us. We left the hotel at 10 and came back at 10, so we only needed it for sleeping. We had 4 adults and 3 children, it worked. But the shower was pretty big. Their shuttle to the metro was scheduled later than any other hotel although, we never used it. The breakfast was awesome! They had everything and the guy who set it up and tore it down, was awesome as well. The breakfast times were better than most hotels 6:30-9:30 and he always restocked it if food got low. They also provided us with a rollaway bed for free since we reserved the room from calling the actual hotel and not online! I highly recommend this hotel and it will probably be our go to hotel for future trips to DC!

Room Tip: Room was small, but we were satisfied because we only slept there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn Shady Grove? Share your experiences!