“Nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“Nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Room was very clean and well kept. Front desk gentleman was welcoming and friendly. We only stayed one night (heading towards VA Beach) so for the money, it was worth it! Only one negative is the noise, located near a major highway you hear a lot of trucks and cars.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
William D, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experiences with us at the Red Roof Inn Rockville. We're happy to hear your room was up to your expectations and we will be sure to let our housekeeping staff know about your impressions. Additionally we're always glad to hear our front desk staff made an equally positive impression with you.
We're sorry that the road noise was a problem during your stay. When staying with us in the future please don't hesitate to request a room further away from the road.
Again, thanks very much for taking your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It is looking nice . Not a Rich one very average lobby service is normal . Not looks like a hotel .. Like a lodge or mansion monthly rental typed very Small corridor food is average .. Budget one location is normal ..not surrounding by attractions

• Stayed September 2014
William D, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experiences while staying with us. Comments from our guests are very valuable to us and help us to continue to improve our services. We hope that when you are in the area again that you will once again be our guest in Rockville. Thanks again.
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I haven't stayed in a Red Roof Inn since I was a kid. Back then, I actually liked it a lot. So I was hoping to like it again. It was a little strange having to be buzzed in to the lobby but, it's the DC area so I get it. The staff was ok so you ignore that quirk. Went to the room, it looked like it was recently refreshed with a crisp clean design. However, the beds seemed small and bounced when ever you sat on them or turned in your sleep. Most disappointing though were the two roaches that we found in the bathroom and by the sink. There's no excuse for a well known company to overlook a pest problem like that.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
William D, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you very much for your comments. I'm very sorry that you did have a problem. I would like you to know that we never overlook a pest problem in our facility. We have an ongoing maintenance program and immediately have any room treated as soon as we know there is a problem. If you didn't report the problem while at the Inn it would be very helpful if you could please contact us and let us know what room you stayed in so we can rectify the problem. Again, I really am sorry that you encountered this problem and please accept my apology.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was on a tight budget, as I traveled here for Surgery. This place was the most affordable (decent) place in the area. I found what I expected for the price. The room was pretty basic. didn't have a microwave or fridge, but was clean and seemed well maintained. The property and surrounding community seemed safe and secure as well. I was very surprised at how friendly and accommodating the staff was. On the day before my surgery, I was speaking with Kellie at the front desk. She asked me how everything going and what brought me to Maryland, When I said that I had traveled here for surgery, She already knew the doctor I had come to see. She told me that many of his patients stayed there on a regular basis. She shared a few stories about a number of prior patients who stayed there and how remarkably well they all seemed to be doing after surgery. She assured me I would be in good hands with this doctor and assured me he was one of the best. This was very comforting as I was going in for my operation the next day.

Room Tip: If a microwave of fridge is important, be sure to reserve a room with these in advance, there is als...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
William D, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Shaun,
Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us in Rockville. We're glad to hear that your trip here was a success.
We really appreciate hearing your positive comments about our staff, especially Kellie. I'll be sure to share them with everyone. Comments like yours are always encouraging for our staff as they strive to make sure you have a positive experience when you stay with us.
Thanks again,
Bill
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Finding an affordable hotel in the Washington, DC, area can feel like finding a needle in a haystack. "Affordable" here means you'll be staying in the suburbs - and the quality of suburban motels - as well as the cities and towns where they're located - can vary dramatically. This can spell disaster for those who don't know what areas are good and what areas to avoid. That's what's so amazing about the Red Roof Plus+ located in Rockville, Maryland. First off, it's located conveniently at the intersection of a major interstate, which gets you into the city by car in less than 20 minutes, as well the Inter-County Connector, a toll expressway that links the motel conveniently to BWI airport. Beyond that, the motel is actually walkable to the Shady Grove Metro Station, where you can catch the Red Line to get to all the great attractions of downtown DC in just 30 to 40 minutes.

Besides location, affordability is by far this motel's greatest feature. I scored a newly renovated room for $72 plus tax. There are restaurants within the vicinity that are easily reached on foot - though the area is decidedly suburban and not exactly what I would call pedestrian friendly. If you have access to a car or don't mind paying for a taxi, check out the nearby shopping, dining and entertainment district called The Washingtonian Center; Here, the movies, Starbucks, Target, Potbelly and nicer restaurants are centered on a boardwalk with man-made water features.

One thing that irked me at this motel was that I was rushed out of my room by the pushy housekeeper (who must have wanted to go home early that day and was not about to wait for a paying guest to clear the room at a noontime late checkout). She literally kept knocking on my door - pounding actually - causing my chugs to bark incessantly, thereby interrupting an important business phone call. When I finally answered the door at 11:30 a.m., upon her third attempt, she said, "I'm gonna tell the manager you're still here", as if the management hadn't communicated with the housekeeping staff that I was granted a noontime late checkout.

Overall, this was a great experience at a clean, conveniently located motel. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with drive-up access if that's important to you, or for a more quiet experience a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
William D, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking your time to share your experiences while staying with us. We appreciate the positive things you had to say about your overall experience. In addition, thank you for identifying your problem with housekeeping. We will be reviewing the communications with the individuals involved and doing the appropriate training.
Thanks again for taking the time to help us provide better customer service to our guests.
Hicksville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had the opportunity to stay here for just one, quick night and felt this inn was very nice. The shower water was hot and the pressure was wonderful. The desk clerk suggested a wonderful place for dinner just down the road. It is not a typical Red Roof Inn (looks to be a converted Howard Johnson?) but was updated and clean. All in all a very good experience!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your feedback.
Recently we have renovated all of our guest rooms and public areas.
We're glad it has made a positive impression on you and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Thanks,
Bill
South Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Assigned this motel from Hotwire, so expectations were low going in. Stayed for five (5) nights on business and switched rooms three (3) times. We prepaid with hotwire, so we were kind of stuck. For example room #2 - the toilet was having issues from the start. Then maintenance came by with a plunger, didn't fix the problem and said he would leave the plunger with us. Really!?!?

Room Tip: The rooms facing Shady Grove Rd. are pretty dark. You have to open you drapes to the world in order...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with us.
We have addressed the plumbing issue as well as the response your received from our staff.
I hope that if you stay with us again you will have a much better experience.
Please don't hesitate to contact our onsite management team at any time regarding your positive or negative experiences you have while you are our guest.
Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!