“Great value in the perfect location” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16001 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“Great value in the perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our second Red Roof in in 3 days, and they couldn't have been more different. We used this hotel as a last minute overnight for convenience and we weren't disappointed. The hotel is clean and well kept. The room was quiet and sleeping was comfortable. We got the reservation through a discount service, so the value was even better than expected. Don't be afraid to use this property when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm very happy to hear how we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. Thank you for choosing our Red Roof Inn and look forward to your next visit in Rockville!

301-987-0965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

For the final night of our 2400+ mile road trip, my husband and I chose RRI because of its pet-friendly policy and proximity to the highway. I had made an online reservation, and confirmed a late check-in.
Upon pulling into the parking lot, we encountered a young man standing in the middle of the road, who would not move out of the way even when my husband rolled down the window and asked him if he was ok. When I entered the lobby, there were several young people (under 21) milling about, each on their phones. It was disturbing to say the least (it was already near midnight), but they made no move to allow any privacy during my check-in. I informed the manager of the young man outside, and someone was sent to check. Also, the clerk at the desk seemed quite agitated (with me? the teens?) and told me that I had reserved a handicap-access room, which was the only room available -- not being in a wheelchair, why would I choose this room??? What.ever. - it was late. The room was ground floor. When we entered, we found the room spacious enough for wheelchair access. The very large bathroom was fitted out for handicap use, but provided not a single place for toiletries.
However, the biggest issue we had was with the a/c unit, which was very dirty and the front was falling off. To lessen our inhalation of (???) during our stay, we placed a damp towel over the unit while we slept.
This particular RRI was a disappointment, both in poor customer service, and faulty room maintenance.

Room Tip: no idea :(
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments; this gives us the opportunity to improve. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. We take service very seriously and will do all we can to prevent these issues in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Once again thank you very much.

Emmaus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was overall a pretty nice room, but as the toilet backed up repeatedly I had to down grade the review. I had to get a plunger at the front desk to make the toilet flush all the way. Other than that it was a good room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your comments; this gives us the opportunity to improve. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Once again thank you very much.

Columbia, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The floors of the room had hair on them, the toilet was broken, internet connection very slow... But most importantly I requested a room on the first floor or a handicap access room and was denied because I purchased through a third party website. They will refuse to give you an accessible room and they do not have an elevator.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and invite you to reach out to me regarding your stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

West Sunbury, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Reservations were made at this hotel by my husband two weeks prior to our stay. He had reserved a king bed. Upon arrival there was an argument about the reservation to which my husband had to show his conformation number. We were given a room only to find out that it had two double beds rather than the king we had reserved. another trip to the front desk to get the right room. We had booked the stay for two nights as our son was having surgery at a local hospital. After being at the hospital for the day we returned to the hotel to find that our keys no longer worked. The clerk at the front desk insisted my husband wait in line before he would correct the situation. Service was poor. Room smaller than advertised. Aggravation we didn't need at a already stressful time.

• Stayed September 2013
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and invite you to reach out to me regarding your stay. I would love to hear any feedback you may have on how to improve the guest experience. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Bowie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I needed an inexperience place to stay for the weekend near Rockville. Found a deal at Red Roof Inn Washington DC-Rockville. The reviews were mixed but mostly good. Because the rooms had been recently renovated I took a chance. The rooms were very nicely appointed with modern fixtures and furniture. I especially liked the hardwood floors instead of carpet. You never know what's embedded in carpet! The room and bathroom was very clean. The king bed was very comfortable. Nice work desk, flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. Fast food within walking distance and Metro a short drive away.

My Cons: There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom and no place to hang your wash cloth in the shower. Neither was a deal breaker.

The outside of the hotel could look a little more modern but don't let that put you off. The rooms are very nice inside. I didn't have to deal with the staff so I can't comment on that.

I will certainly stay again since I frequently travel through this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn! We take great pride in being the best value in the Rockville area. Our recent renovation allows us the opportunity to provide a unique modern room at an economical price. I am very happy to hear we were able to impress you during your stay. We look forward on seeing you on your next stay.

Red Roof Inn
sw colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel and the grounds look nice, the rooms look nice but for the same price there are other hotels that are far better in the area. I stayed here for 11 nights because my company booked the room. If I were paying for it myself I would not have stayed past the first night. Had to move rooms 3 times because things didn't work 1st it was the A/C, next room; toilet didn't work, then the last room ( I stayed anyway) the phone ( but I have a cell so who cares right?) The maids don't clean anything, The floors never got swept or vacuumed, the mirror was dirty, the sink never got wiped out (even when we got there it was dirty)
The rooms are nice looking and looks like they were remodeled recently but I don't think they got new beds. My bed was way uncomfortable. The internet service (if you could get it to work at all) was so slow that it was to frustrating to even try to do anything. (Remember dial up?....way worse than that!) The desk people were nice, they tried to help resolve the problems. They even offered to give some free nights, but my company had already paid the hotel so that wouldn't do me any good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 28, 2013

General Manger

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!