“management -not helpful” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Columbia, Maryland
“management -not helpful”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The floors of the room had hair on them, the toilet was broken, internet connection very slow... But most importantly I requested a room on the first floor or a handicap access room and was denied because I purchased through a third party website. They will refuse to give you an accessible room and they do not have an elevator.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and invite you to reach out to me regarding your stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

301-987-0965

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
West Sunbury, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Reservations were made at this hotel by my husband two weeks prior to our stay. He had reserved a king bed. Upon arrival there was an argument about the reservation to which my husband had to show his conformation number. We were given a room only to find out that it had two double beds rather than the king we had reserved. another trip to the front desk to get the right room. We had booked the stay for two nights as our son was having surgery at a local hospital. After being at the hospital for the day we returned to the hotel to find that our keys no longer worked. The clerk at the front desk insisted my husband wait in line before he would correct the situation. Service was poor. Room smaller than advertised. Aggravation we didn't need at a already stressful time.

• Stayed September 2013
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and invite you to reach out to me regarding your stay. I would love to hear any feedback you may have on how to improve the guest experience. We appreciate your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Bowie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I needed an inexperience place to stay for the weekend near Rockville. Found a deal at Red Roof Inn Washington DC-Rockville. The reviews were mixed but mostly good. Because the rooms had been recently renovated I took a chance. The rooms were very nicely appointed with modern fixtures and furniture. I especially liked the hardwood floors instead of carpet. You never know what's embedded in carpet! The room and bathroom was very clean. The king bed was very comfortable. Nice work desk, flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave. Fast food within walking distance and Metro a short drive away.

My Cons: There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom and no place to hang your wash cloth in the shower. Neither was a deal breaker.

The outside of the hotel could look a little more modern but don't let that put you off. The rooms are very nice inside. I didn't have to deal with the staff so I can't comment on that.

I will certainly stay again since I frequently travel through this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Claudia L, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn! We take great pride in being the best value in the Rockville area. Our recent renovation allows us the opportunity to provide a unique modern room at an economical price. I am very happy to hear we were able to impress you during your stay. We look forward on seeing you on your next stay.

Red Roof Inn
sw colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel and the grounds look nice, the rooms look nice but for the same price there are other hotels that are far better in the area. I stayed here for 11 nights because my company booked the room. If I were paying for it myself I would not have stayed past the first night. Had to move rooms 3 times because things didn't work 1st it was the A/C, next room; toilet didn't work, then the last room ( I stayed anyway) the phone ( but I have a cell so who cares right?) The maids don't clean anything, The floors never got swept or vacuumed, the mirror was dirty, the sink never got wiped out (even when we got there it was dirty)
The rooms are nice looking and looks like they were remodeled recently but I don't think they got new beds. My bed was way uncomfortable. The internet service (if you could get it to work at all) was so slow that it was to frustrating to even try to do anything. (Remember dial up?....way worse than that!) The desk people were nice, they tried to help resolve the problems. They even offered to give some free nights, but my company had already paid the hotel so that wouldn't do me any good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments; this gives us the opportunity to improve. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations. We take service very seriously and will do all we can to prevent these issues in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies. Once again thank you very much.

General Manger
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a very important meeting. Asked for a 7 am wake up call. It never came. Woke up late. Missed my meeting. Asked the clerk for a refund he said that's only if there is something wrong with the room.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn. I’m sorry to hear that we failed to provide you with an important wake-up call. Please accept my sincerest apologies along with a free night stay, which can be used at any of our locations. Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn. We hope you will consider giving us a better chance to serve you in the future.

Brookville, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here when my husband had surgery nearby. The staff was wonderful. Every hotel should have someone like Kellie up front, we couldn't have had anyone more helpful, cheerful or friendly. Our room was beautiful and spotlessly clean!

Room Tip: Love that all rooms have outside doors!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Thank you for your recognition. Kellie provides awesome service to our guest, but we never get tired of hearing how she has made sure your need have been met. I will be sure to pass your comments along to her. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to your next visit to our Red Roof Inn.

Noneya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I can agree with what everyone else has mentioned about the staff. They are great, especially KELLIE. I stayed here for an extended time while transitioning to the area and Kellie and the rest of the staff were always friendly and always helpful. The hotel has the best accommodations for the price IMO, and it had everything I needed for an extended stay. I used the desk quite a bit and found it very useful. I also used the iron & ironing board and fridge which all worked like a charm. Unfortunately, I would also have to agree about the internet. It is almost useless; 3G on my phone was much faster. With that said, it still works but should be upgraded. Lastly, the hotel is in a nice area and close to whatever you may need like food, grocery, etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Your comments made it clear that we are fortunate to have Kellie in our team. We do appreciate all what she does. Glad to know you are pleased with the renovations. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we look forward to your next visit to our location.

301-987-0965

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!