“excellent for that price!” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16001 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Blacksburg, Virginia
“excellent for that price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.
Overall, the room (two beds) was good!
Clean (!) bathroom, soft beds, floor half carpeted half hard wood floor, a little bit noisy a/c but you get used to that, spacious room, iron/hairdryer on request, TV if you at all need it, pretty quiet environment.
If you don't use the safe in the room - please specify this upon check-out! Otherwise they automatically charge everyone ;)
if you go out for breakfast or for a coffee or anything else...don't expect many options around (only Burger King...Chicken-something and alike). Though, bus 43 will take you to Starbucks or Panera - 10 min ride, the bus stop is right across the road :)

The staff is extremely helpful! Every time we would go to the reception with any question, there was a guy named Patricio! He was multi-tasking and yet going out of his way to help us with everything, always smiling and giving everyone full attention. Thank you so much for having him on-board :) He made our stay as smooth as possible and still took his time and helped us A LOT even after we checked out!

We would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others!
And would also recommend Patricio being promoted ;)

Room Tip: We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Overall, the room (two beds) was good! Clean (!) bathroom...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
I have shared your comments with my team-too hear that Patricio went above and beyond, giving you the service you deserve (makes me proud). Thanks for sharing your experience.

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this property in March 2013. The room had been recently remodeled quite nicely with carpet, flat screen tv, and other various things. There are plenty of outlets for computers and cell phones.I found it to feel smaller than it actually was because the adjoining room door took space away from the desk area and space where suitcases could be placed. The heating unit had not been a part of the upgrade and was very noisy going on and off with a loud clunk. I would stay here again asking for a room with no adjoining room door and testing the heater/ac before unpacking m y things.

Room Tip: Check your ac/heater before unpacking
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Glad to hear you are pleased with the renovation-Sorry to hear the AC/Heating unit was noisy. You are on point with your comments on the adjoining rooms. We have replaced over 60% of our AC/Heating units, and will continue with that process( as units fail). Good to know that we will see you again! Thanks for your feedback.

New Haven, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently enjoyed a two night stay at the motel-like Rockville Red Roof Inn when having minor surgery locally.
My “Superior King” bedroom was nicely remodeled with a combination of rugs and laminate wood flooring, modern furniture, granite counter around the washbasin, a flat screen tv, microwave/fridge and, wonder of wonders, an AC that did not cycle on and off on the heat setting . The worktable and chair worked better for me than the desk in higher end hotels. The bathroom was basic but functional. I found the bed comfortable, although the pillows were a little high for me. Everything was clean.
The friendly staff, notably Claudia, went beyond the call of duty to assist me and make me comfortable during my stay. I hope not to repeat the surgery, but otherwise would look forward to returning to this property!

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Claudia is a key team member, glad to hear she was helpful. Surgery is never pleasant, but sounds as if all went well. Thanks for making us your choice.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This red roof inn is located on Shady Grove which makes it accessible to route 270. The motel was recently renovated and it appears in the "de lux" rooms. Rooms are big, bed is comfortable and there is a good working space equipped with a large desk, many electricity sockets and a lamp. The room also has a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker which makes a long stay more comfortable. The room is heat by AC which its engin is located at the outer side of the rooms vitrine. My room had a very noisy AC. The main con that I have raise here is that room maintanance in general lacks good service. New coffee pads were not provided every day. The same was for shampoo and conditioner. The safe was locked when I entered the room so i couldn't use it untill they sent someone to unlock it. I have to say that the guy at the front desk was very helpful and took care of all my complaints but I think they should supervise their room maids more thoroughly.

• Stayed February 2013
We take pride in the newly renovated rooms, we are working closely with the clean team to ensure the product is maintained-clearly we still have work to do. Thanks much for bringing this to our attention.

Surprise, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This was or first Red Roof Inn. With the sharp, colorful advertising, we thought it was a step up from Motel 6. We were wrong. The property is old and the manager is trying to upgrade the property. She was very friendly and glad to have us as guests.

The beds were okay. I thought they were fine for a motel, my wife thought they were too soft. The raised sink in the bathroom was unusual and interesting, as were the faux floors. We were there 5 nights, the maid service was erratic-had to ask for towels twice. They did not vacumn in 5 nights. The bathroom vent was filthy. There were stink bugs in the room. I thought they were bed bugs at first. Damn near had a heart attack. Free Wi-Fi was very slow. Nice flat screen TVs and HBO included. The parking lot needs seal coating. The concrete was painted over and shows its' age.

The only highlights were the free coffee, 75 cents at the Coke machine and the curtains opened and closed easily. The ice machine by us was out of order our first three nights. May be okay for one night, but for five nights I should have upgraded to a nicer property with more amenities.

There were several tour busses and groups staying there.

This Red Roof Inn was not worth the extra money over a Motel 6.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am sorry to hear that we did not exceed your expectations-that really is our goal. Your concerns /comments help us to improve our service. I have shared your concerns with my team and we are working very hard to make sure they are corrected. No excuses for ice machines not working, poor room cleanliness or the dreaded stink bugs! Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know...
State College, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had to travel to the D.C. area for a family funeral so booked just a few days in advance. Had a very difficult time finding a truly pet friendly hotel - all the ones I called that were listed as pet friendly charged $100 (non refundable), which is not pet friendly (I always call the hotel to check on the pet policy - must of the info online is inaccurate/incomplete). I was pleasantly surprised that there was no pet fee at the RRI - most hotels (at least in other areas) charge a minimum of $10/pet. As many reviews have mentioned, the rooms are recently remodeled. They are basic but comfortable. We had a superior king, which has a frig/microwave/work desk. The sheets and towels were clean and they definitely use bleach to wash the towels. The room had a hair dryer and an iron/ironing board. We were on the side facing Shady Grove Road and there was some traffic noise but not so much that you could not sleep (not like being next to an interstate). We travel with two dogs and there is plenty of space to walk them. My only complaint is directed other people who travel with dogs - _please_ pick up after your dog. They have plenty of trash cans around so there is no excuse not to. This is why hotels have exorbitant pet fees - owners have to take some responsibility.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, ask for a first floor room - those on the courtyard side have more immediate acce...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Your comments were awesome and right on point...we really are one of the few hotels that are truly pet friendly. Thank you for being a considerate pet owner. and for choosing RRI. We look forward to seeing you and your other family members real soon-again, thank you!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this location for two nights. It is recently renovated with faux wooden floors and new furniture and sinks. It's a big change from when I stayed there about six years ago. At that time, I booked for three nights and left after the first night.

For this current stay, the person who checked me in was very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is in a good location, right off of I-270 and about 10 minutes from the Metro train station. The hotel also has a shuttle. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel, and there are two supermarkets about 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: I always stay on the second floor or above for motels to avoid many things, including foot and car t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Glad you like the renovation, we are working very hard to maintain the property. Your feedback is critical and we really do appreciate it..

Shirley Jordan & Claudia Lazo G.M's

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!