“The Renovations to the Hotel Make it an Excellent Value” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16001 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Baltimore, Maryland
“The Renovations to the Hotel Make it an Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at this location for two nights. It is recently renovated with faux wooden floors and new furniture and sinks. It's a big change from when I stayed there about six years ago. At that time, I booked for three nights and left after the first night.

For this current stay, the person who checked me in was very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is in a good location, right off of I-270 and about 10 minutes from the Metro train station. The hotel also has a shuttle. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel, and there are two supermarkets about 10 minutes away.

Room Tip: I always stay on the second floor or above for motels to avoid many things, including foot and car t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Glad you like the renovation, we are working very hard to maintain the property. Your feedback is critical and we really do appreciate it..

Shirley Jordan & Claudia Lazo G.M's

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was in a rush to rent a last minute room for valentines day. Looked everywhere and room prices were extremely high. I found red roof but never though of renting with them for the simple fact that i never knew how nice the rooms would be. Reservation was easy and fast. Check in and out was painless and price was right on point, no extra charged or none of those big chain "fees".the room we were giving was really really nice, very clean, clean towels and bathroom, smelled really good. The bed was very comfortable and firm with nice bed clothing. Had a really good night sleep. There was no noise of any kind. Overall our experience at red roof was excellent. The price is a great value for what u get. we would definitely come back and recommend it to others..

Room Tip: Room 117 :-)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Sounds like everything worked out for you...We realized our competition would raise their rates during Valentines Day-we did not, thanks for giving us an opportunity to impress-)

Shirley Jordan and Claudia Lazo G.M's
Webster, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Came to DC from central NY state to participate in a climate rally on the mall. The weather was unseasonably cold and windy. After enduring several hours out in the elements our warm, clean room at the Red Roof Inn was a welcome sight! The smiling faces and pleasant conversations with staff made our stay even more enjoyable. We plan to make the Rockville Red Roof Inn our home away from home whenever we return to the area!

Room Tip: My husband works remotely and found the set up in the room with the king bed and desk area a conveni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Glad to hear the work station was convienent...Wish I could have made the weather a little better for you-) I will be sure to pass your comments on to our team members. We look forward to seeing you soon! thanks much.
Shirley Jordan G.M/ Claudia Lazo G.M
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great location, beautiful newly renovated rooms, great prices, but more importantly, awesome staff services. Location is safe and has great easy access to all the Suburban DC areas. ALL staff members are very professional, pleasant to work with, and always respects your privacy while making sure you have all basic amenities at hand. Rooms are always clean and freshly made. I recommend Red Roof Inn Rockville for any short stay or lengthy stay! -O

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad that you enjoy our brand new NextGen rooms. When designing our rooms, we aimed at putting a higher end feel for an economy price. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best Regards,

Claudia Lazo
Red Roof Inn Rockville, MD
i0263@redroof.com
301-987-0965
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

When I saw the price for the Red Roof (very affordable) I didn't expect much, but it was close to where I was working.
But when I arrived Iwas assisted by great staff (Pat at the front desk) and upon reaching my room I was really very pleased to find a super clean, modern, comfortable room. I'd recommend this Red Roof to anyone!!
Thank you Pat, and your manager as well!

Room Tip: My room faced the courtyard and was very quiet, though it's in a busy part of town.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you sooo much! Good to hear my team member was willing and ready to assist you. Please visit us again in the near future- it really was a pleasure to meet you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a five star "two star" hotel. The prices are excellent. It is easily the best motel to stay in, in the Rockville Gaithersburg area.
It is convenient to 270, so close to everything in the suburban DC area and only 45 minutes from downtown DC.
I have stayed here many times. It is the best "basic no frills" motel around.
No room service, but an outstanding Chinese restaurant across the street and Checkers, a great ice cream/burger joint is down the street.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for your comments..Did you know we offer a shuttle service to the Metro? that would allow you to go into the city, enjoy your visit with no worries about parking your car. Let us know if that works for you on your next visit. Hope to see you soon.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stay at the Red Roof Inn everytime I am in town, this is the best Hotel in the area for the price. The staff is very excellent to work with. The area is convient and close to everything that you need and I would recommend this hotel to everybody looking for a cost saving place to stay while in town.

Omar F

Room Tip: Get the double bed the best value for your buck..
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying in one of our recently renovated rooms! I’m happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay . We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Shirley Jordan

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!