“First experience with RRI and I like what I've seem so far” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16001 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Elgin, Illinois, United States
“First experience with RRI and I like what I've seem so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel was recently renovated, it is geared toward business people. Has a large desk, along with plenty of power outlets for charging your numerous electronics. The room had laminate floors which was a great change of pace to carpet.. flat screen wall mounted tv, but it lacked a lot.of channels. Had your basic cable and local stations. I do not know if they offer breakfast, staff did not mention and I slept very late. There are a bunch of restaurants and.stores within walking distance. I didn't see anything to exciting red lobster bk, and the typical chain restaurants... Would definitely stay if I ever went to.this area again...

• Stayed September 2012
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Wow...Thank you for the awesome review...To know that you appreciate the renovations make it all worth while. On your next visit please stop by, it's always good to personally meet our guests. Again, thank you very much!

Shirley Jordan G.M

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I hosted a family reunion in the Maryland area and the Red Roof Inn was the host hotel. The rooms are completely renovated, very clean and have a modern upscale look. I enjoyed the stay for the weekend and so did my family. The cost for what you recieve is excellent as well. The front desk team (Kellie and Shirley) were extremely nice and made my stay very pleasurable. Look into the Red Roof in Rockville if you want value, comfort and convenience!

Room Tip: Excellent Value!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome comments-We will share them with our team members.It really was our pleasure to host your family. Again, thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn.
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stay here if you are in a pinch/bind/desperate/. I was. It was either stay here or sleep in my rental car. The rental car was cleaner btw. My room was prepared by "Julie" and didn't have towels. The bathmat was stained and gross. (It's called bleach people! USE IT!) The tub had either not been cleaned or not been updated. Thank goodness there is a dollar store nearby. I cleaned my own bathroom out of necessity. The bed linens were wrinkled and the rug needed to be vacuumed. I was not sure if my door locked so I put the chair in front of it just in case. (Not that it would have helped.) The A/C didn't work well. The thermostat said 68 degrees, but the room was pretty hot and humid. Like I said, I should have slept in the car. I had booked the room for one week based on the location, reviews, and price. I left after one night. I would rather sleep in my rental car than stay here.

The remodeled decor was nice. I like a more modern decor, so this was a plus. And it had a laminate floor which at least could be cleaned properly by Julie, but I don't imagine Julie takes any pride in what she does based on how my room looked when I checked in. It also had a flat screen TV, but it only got a few channels. The wi-fi is a complete joke. If you have work to do or even need to get on the internet to find another hotel because you will want to leave as soon as you get here, good luck with that. I ended up just going to Nordstrom and having dinner and using the internet. I wish I could have slept @ Nordstrom too!

Be careful to review your bill carefully because in my room they try to charge you for a safe you don't use. I made sure they took off the $1.50 charge.

Overall, this is NOT the worst place, but only stay here if you are unwilling to sleep in your car.

PS - Women should be sure to park as close to your room as possible and bring pepper spray because the parking lot is not well lit and this hotel does not attract the best crowd as it were.

Room Tip: Staying @ another hotel is the best way to get a good room @ The Red Roof Inn in Gaithersburg, MD. L...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to make of us aware of your concerns-i would like to start by offering you my sinerest apology-I will not make any excuses for my team members. It is very clear to me that" We did not meet your expectaions"..Again, thank you for the feedback-it will help us to improve on our commitment to our customers.
South Salem, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed for three nights over the Labor Day weekend. Our downstairs room facing the grass courtyard was quiet, clean, and comfortable. It had
a mini-fridge and microwave. The free wi-fi worked but was NOT high-speed and eventually we stopped trying to use it. Be careful: the water can get scalding hot. There is no smoking in the rooms and there are places outside to discard cigarette butts. However, we observed that most smokers just threw the butts on the grass or over the balcony from upstairs. In a high-price area, it was a good value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for responding to Tripadvisor-being a good value for the money, is very important to us.We have finished most of the renovations on the property and will continue to improve our product. Again, thank you!
Lewis Center, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one week while in town. The staff was friendly the rooms where very clean. My A/c did not work when i first got there so they put in a brand new one. Ill stay there every time im in town. Only down side was no fridge or micro wave. Nice flat sceeen tv's but only 12 channels.

Room Tip: I got a single king but they have doubles
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for the awesome review...We are so proud of our new rooms. Working on getting more channels-) Thank you for staying with us

Shirley- Claudia and team..
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The rating I gave because my usual expectation of a low budget motor inn/motel is pretty low, and this motel was very clean and quiet, the free wi-fi worked very well :) and the beds were comfy. They are renovating right now, but we were never bothered by noise even though we slept until 9am each day. Staff was personable, location convenient. The price was right, both through Expedia and directly through Red Roof Inn. I expect that after the renovation they will get even more good reviews.

Room Tip: The way this motel is situated, many of the rooms should be relatively quiet. We had a 2nd floor ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule-we really do appreciate the feed back..
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Rockville, MD during the recent power outage, despite being local. 3-4 sweltering nights were more than I could take, so I treated myself to some air-conditioned goodness. According to the website, the property has been renovated, and while the lobby's definitely a work in progress, the room was a nice surprise, with an attractive wood floor. Price was a bit steep, although it was around the 4th of July and nothing is ever cheap in the DC area. It wasn't the Ritz-Carlton and didn't need to be. Instead, it was clean, quiet, no bugs, and I got a good night's sleep both nights. I wish I'd stayed here when arriving in the area in May.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Sorry for the late response...it was great to see you had a positive experience-during the renovation the lobby was truly a work in progress. I would love for you to drop by to see the finish product. Again, Thank you!

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!