“Great Stay and Medical emergency assistance” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16001 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Rockville, Maryland
“Great Stay and Medical emergency assistance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My family and I ended up staying at this Rockville, MD location because we were in-between moves. The Front Desk Staff, Manager Shirley and Kellie were so kind in greeting me when I entered the lobby. We ended up staying longer than intended. On Sunday late morning, on May 20th, my husband suffered cardiac arrest in our room. I immediately began CPR, and our door was open while my kids were awaiting the EMT ambulance and police which they had called. The hotel maintenance man, Miguel, was walking past our door, saw what was going on and immediately and without hesitation assisted me with CPR until the medics got there. Sad to say, my husband passed away at the hospital ICU unit on Sunday, May 27th. I want to say since I have been here, the ENTIRE managerial Front Desk Staff, maintenance crew of Miguel and Avelino (hope I spelled it correctly), and the ENTIRE cleaning staff have displayed the most professional care and services that we could have ever dreamed of. I would say they "treated us like family"!! They have never been rude or uncaring and they assisted me in moving to another room during their renovation. Our rooms were always clean and stocked! I will definitely refer this Rockville location to my family and friends, and if the rest of your locations nationwide display this type of customer care, I will refer them also. Thank you SO MUCH again and thanks for ALL you do!

Daphne Pollard

Please take the time to personally commend the Rockville Red Roof Inn Staff at Shady Grove Road and Comprint Court. In these hard economical times, you get more than your money's worth at this location!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter, away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Compared to rates in hotels in the Washington D.C. area, this is a no brainer. Fairly basic but we found it clean & the renovations are procedding without bothering guests. There is a shuttle to the local Metro that goes into Washington. It runs 9:00 & 10 a.m., but we found if you take the later train, the Metro pass is half off & one can get on & off at the different downtown stations most economically. The return motel shuttle doesn't start until 7:00 p.m. which was too late for these seniors but there is a bus (#48??) that runs back to the hotel.
We missed the coffee machine that most Red Roofs have but there is a free USA Today available.

Room Tip: Avoid Connecting door rooms, way too noisy !!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Spring Lake, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I drove down to the VA/DC area on Saturday, 5/19, and spent the day in the Rockville area. Exhausted, we checked into the Red Roof around 3pm. First room had an adjoining door, and we had it changed. Next room- the bathtub was disgusting, bathroom floor was not to be walked on without shoes, and dusty. After a 2 hour nap, I awoke with "welts" on my left fingers/hands/ arm, and left side of face. Also, new tiny blood droplets on pillowcase that werent there before I slept, and I showed no signs on bleeding. Trail of bed bugs. At 8 pm we left and drove back to Philadelphia (north of Philadelphia). Got in past midnight. Our clothes have been washed in extra hot water, and a doctor will be seen tomorrow. WELTS. HUGE WELTS.
The parking lot was filled with litter-remnants of McDonalds, etc. Cigarette butts littered the walkways and mulch by the stairs. Alot of questionable looking characters roamed the property with beer in one hand - shoeless.
Being outdated and worn for a hotel is no excuse for bedbugs.
As previously posted, this is not the typical Red Roof. It was formerly another chain.

Room Tip: DON'T GO HERE! It is NOT your regular Red Roof style hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
I received your comments and felt very compelled to respond immediately. We take all customer concerns very seriously- anything involving Bed Bugs become top priority. First of all we are very sorry that your stay was not a pleasant one. We did have ECOLAB ( our pest control vender) come out and do a complete inspection of the room. The inspection is very detailed. There was no evidence of Bed Bugs. We do have documentation of their inspection. ,
Maineville, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

These are the 3 things I deem neccessary to stay in a hotel while out of town.
The hotel is in a safe area, off the road restricting road noise. We were given a renovated room which was very nice and staff kept it clean and stocked. I had a reservation issue of my own doing, but the front office staff was glad to help FIX the problem to my advantage. Front staff is always a giveaway to how the hotel is run and maintained. The staff couldn't have been more courteous and helpful, even night shift, which is usually a problem. "Tom" was more than friendly, he was knowledgable and able to solve any problems I had regarding my reservation. This location is a very short drive to use the DC ell train, less than 3 blocks for train station. I stayed at this hotel 15 yrs ago, and will continue to use this site when I visit DC area. No worries.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, no road noise and usually quiet. (337) new ac unit (quiet) If ice mach...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockville, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had to fly out from California to get surgery, and Kelle at the front desk made my trip completely stress free. She even drove me in her own car to the pharmacy so i could get my medicine for my recovery, and helped me with finding my doctors office and the surgery center.

Room Tip: all roms are just as nice as the next, really what made the trip was Kelle
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank You so much for the awesome review...Kellie is the BEST when it comes to giving top notch service to all of our guests. We know she's the best, but it is always good to hear it from orders. Again, thank you so much!
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My first stay at this property came during a recent work assignment in the area. Converted from a Days Inn back in 1997, this Red Roof is showing some signs of age both on the exterior and in the guest room. The staff was very courteous and accommodating, and takes very good care of the property. The room was clean, comfortable and I enjoyed a good night's sleep. The wireless Internet was weak to unusable in my room, which was at the far edge of the property. I would stay here again, especially if the property gets an update.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn Rockville. I’m so happy to tell you that we are under renovations at this moment, our newly renovated rooms will include brand new mattresses, flat screen TV's, contemporary furniture and hardwood floors. Thank you so much for your kind words and I'll be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff.
Thank you and hope to see you soon when you are in the Rockville area.

Claudia Lazo
301-987-0965
I0263@redroof.com
Bethesda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I will preface by saying that the manager seems to really care about this property. However, thanks to Priceline I have spent three horrible nights (and they booked me for today!!!) at the Red Roof. Aside from the limited metro shuttle and location, and pleasant front desk personnel I have nothing remotely nice to say.

My main complaint (putting aside the fact I barricade myself with a chair I sleep on to put more weight against the door) is the presence of sketchy characters in the courtyard at night. And waking up the next morning seeing two of them with a bad case of drug hangover trying to serve themselves coffee... lovely. This has happened every single time and I have reported it to PriceLine.

Two stars, hmmm, maybe one on its best day! I cannot believe the reviews about how wonderful this place is. What is up with that?

Lighting issues--- when you walk to your room the lighting is horrible. The front desk provides you an explanation with a map. Since you really can't see, it really is helpful-not.

Room smells are okay, though carpet is damp. Probably mold, and now with the "renovation" who knows what will crawl from under. Idea, shut it down for renovations, for at least a couple of years. That would work for me!

Sorry Red Roof, but you are the local hangout for Sketchers, we are all careful with our finances but jeopardizing my safety, let me think about it, NO!

Room Tip: Donj't go through Priceline!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your positive comments regarding our front desk staff. We work hard to ensure that every guest feels welcome and comfortable. Also, we are proud to be updating our property with a major renovation to improve our rooms and lighting throughout the property. I think you will notice a big difference! We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Claudia Lazo
Red Roof Inn Rockville

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!