“Respectable, Safe and Helpful Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16001 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Ranked #12 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Maineville, Ohio
“Respectable, Safe and Helpful Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

These are the 3 things I deem neccessary to stay in a hotel while out of town.
The hotel is in a safe area, off the road restricting road noise. We were given a renovated room which was very nice and staff kept it clean and stocked. I had a reservation issue of my own doing, but the front office staff was glad to help FIX the problem to my advantage. Front staff is always a giveaway to how the hotel is run and maintained. The staff couldn't have been more courteous and helpful, even night shift, which is usually a problem. "Tom" was more than friendly, he was knowledgable and able to solve any problems I had regarding my reservation. This location is a very short drive to use the DC ell train, less than 3 blocks for train station. I stayed at this hotel 15 yrs ago, and will continue to use this site when I visit DC area. No worries.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back, no road noise and usually quiet. (337) new ac unit (quiet) If ice mach...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Rockville, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had to fly out from California to get surgery, and Kelle at the front desk made my trip completely stress free. She even drove me in her own car to the pharmacy so i could get my medicine for my recovery, and helped me with finding my doctors office and the surgery center.

Room Tip: all roms are just as nice as the next, really what made the trip was Kelle
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank You so much for the awesome review...Kellie is the BEST when it comes to giving top notch service to all of our guests. We know she's the best, but it is always good to hear it from orders. Again, thank you so much!
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

My first stay at this property came during a recent work assignment in the area. Converted from a Days Inn back in 1997, this Red Roof is showing some signs of age both on the exterior and in the guest room. The staff was very courteous and accommodating, and takes very good care of the property. The room was clean, comfortable and I enjoyed a good night's sleep. The wireless Internet was weak to unusable in my room, which was at the far edge of the property. I would stay here again, especially if the property gets an update.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Red Roof Inn Rockville. I’m so happy to tell you that we are under renovations at this moment, our newly renovated rooms will include brand new mattresses, flat screen TV's, contemporary furniture and hardwood floors. Thank you so much for your kind words and I'll be sure to share your comments with the rest of the staff.
Thank you and hope to see you soon when you are in the Rockville area.

301-987-0965
I0263@redroof.com
Bethesda
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

I will preface by saying that the manager seems to really care about this property. However, thanks to Priceline I have spent three horrible nights (and they booked me for today!!!) at the Red Roof. Aside from the limited metro shuttle and location, and pleasant front desk personnel I have nothing remotely nice to say.

My main complaint (putting aside the fact I barricade myself with a chair I sleep on to put more weight against the door) is the presence of sketchy characters in the courtyard at night. And waking up the next morning seeing two of them with a bad case of drug hangover trying to serve themselves coffee... lovely. This has happened every single time and I have reported it to PriceLine.

Two stars, hmmm, maybe one on its best day! I cannot believe the reviews about how wonderful this place is. What is up with that?

Lighting issues--- when you walk to your room the lighting is horrible. The front desk provides you an explanation with a map. Since you really can't see, it really is helpful-not.

Room smells are okay, though carpet is damp. Probably mold, and now with the "renovation" who knows what will crawl from under. Idea, shut it down for renovations, for at least a couple of years. That would work for me!

Sorry Red Roof, but you are the local hangout for Sketchers, we are all careful with our finances but jeopardizing my safety, let me think about it, NO!

Room Tip: Donj't go through Priceline!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your positive comments regarding our front desk staff. We work hard to ensure that every guest feels welcome and comfortable. Also, we are proud to be updating our property with a major renovation to improve our rooms and lighting throughout the property. I think you will notice a big difference! We appreciate you staying with us and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed here four nights for a recent business trip- the primary reason is the price; given the lowr $70s per night plus tax, it's a bargain compared to motels anywhere near the DC metro area. You'd have to go all the way to Fredericksburg, VA to find anything of lower price at comparable value.

I had no major problems at all- the room was very clean and comparable to the better of the Super 8/Motel 6 locations. The bed was comfortable, and the shower had plenty of hot water. My room had the standard heater/ac and cable TV, and one of the best functioning alarm clocks I've seen in a while. It did not have a mini-fridge or microwave oven, or hair dryer in the vanity area, if you need those things. My only complaint is that the wi-fi internet connection was somewhat slow and flaky; I had to re-log in several times, but I was able to connect and get all my business done. This room also has one of those 'security safes' for which an extra $1.50 was added to the price each day, but if you don't want it, they will remove that charge at the front desk when you check out- so don't forget to ask them to do that; they don't do it automatically!

I think they also have the free breakfast and swimming pool here, but those are things that I never use. They also have very convenient ice machines and vending.

The area was very quiet, there were no noise problems at all; there is major renovation going on in part of the motel, which could cause issues for some, check to make sure that a room is available in the other section and there shouldn't be a problem.

The motel is very close to I-270, and business 355 with many restaurants and shopping centers nearby. It is also very close to the DC Metro train/metro station. The motel offers shuttle service to the station; I drove to the station since it has free parking on weekends. This motel would make a nice place to stay if you want to see the sights in DC over a weekend due to this nearby station; get the all-day Metro pass for the best pricing.

Overall, I was very happy with the price and value of this motel, and would recommend it to anyone wanting a balance of price and location.

Room Tip: Check the wi-fi connection in your room; also don't forget to ask for a rebate of the 'secur...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear you found our hotel to be a great price and a great value. Feel free to share your experience with friends and family. We hope to see you here at the Red Roof Inn Rockville, on your next visit to town.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

The staff at this hotel could not be more pleasant and understanding. The hotel is undergoing a major renovation which will make it a must stop for travelers. That coupled with the incredible staff outs it above others.

Room Tip: With the remodel, this is a great stop!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel – we I will pass along your comments to our staff. We couldn’t be prouder of our team. We look forward to seeing you back here at the Red Roof Inn Rockville on your next visit to the area.

London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

When we arrived, I noticed a plunger in our washroom, it was very late as we had driven in from Canada. We went to bed and in the morning, the toilet kept filling up instead of flushing. I used the plunger left there and finally got rid of the waste in the toilet. I notified the front desk immedicately that there was a problem but they could take their time getting to it that day as we were going into DC to sight see. I was assured it would be fixed.

When we arrived back late that day, I asked the desk clerk if it had been fixed, I was told yes. The plunger was gone and the room was clean, it was getting late before I used the washroom again. By this time I was ready for bed and again, the water would start to go down, then just get higher and higher in the toilet. clear fluid would sometimes flush, anything else including toilet paper would not.

I attended the front desk again and asked for another plunger. At this point, I expected a new room but one was not offered, half the Inn was being renovated and the other rooms were full I suspect. I was handed another plunger and carried it back to our room myself.

I spoke to staff again the next day and halfways kidded how, if they can't fix it this time, for goodness sakes don't take my plunger again.

I was becoming disgusted that I had to keep plunging the toilet ON MY VACATION. When we got back again late that day, the room was nicely cleaned but again, the toilet would not flush. I made remarks on our comment card and left it for management. I want to make it very clear that I was satisfied with the cleaning, just not with the maintenance or how we were expected to just put up with a toilet that had to be plunged to work.

So far, I haven't received any feedback from them on my complaint.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 316!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
I am so sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and that we fell short of fixing the issue. I will be sure to follow up and take corrective action to prevent this from occurring in the future. We truly value your business and hope that you can look past this incident and give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Please give me a call at 301-987-0965 if you would like to discuss this issue.

Red Roof Inns Rockville, MD

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!