“Reasonably good value given high prices in the area, had good stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville

You added Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16001 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Raleigh, NC
“Reasonably good value given high prices in the area, had good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I stayed here four nights for a recent business trip- the primary reason is the price; given the lowr $70s per night plus tax, it's a bargain compared to motels anywhere near the DC metro area. You'd have to go all the way to Fredericksburg, VA to find anything of lower price at comparable value.

I had no major problems at all- the room was very clean and comparable to the better of the Super 8/Motel 6 locations. The bed was comfortable, and the shower had plenty of hot water. My room had the standard heater/ac and cable TV, and one of the best functioning alarm clocks I've seen in a while. It did not have a mini-fridge or microwave oven, or hair dryer in the vanity area, if you need those things. My only complaint is that the wi-fi internet connection was somewhat slow and flaky; I had to re-log in several times, but I was able to connect and get all my business done. This room also has one of those 'security safes' for which an extra $1.50 was added to the price each day, but if you don't want it, they will remove that charge at the front desk when you check out- so don't forget to ask them to do that; they don't do it automatically!

I think they also have the free breakfast and swimming pool here, but those are things that I never use. They also have very convenient ice machines and vending.

The area was very quiet, there were no noise problems at all; there is major renovation going on in part of the motel, which could cause issues for some, check to make sure that a room is available in the other section and there shouldn't be a problem.

The motel is very close to I-270, and business 355 with many restaurants and shopping centers nearby. It is also very close to the DC Metro train/metro station. The motel offers shuttle service to the station; I drove to the station since it has free parking on weekends. This motel would make a nice place to stay if you want to see the sights in DC over a weekend due to this nearby station; get the all-day Metro pass for the best pricing.

Overall, I was very happy with the price and value of this motel, and would recommend it to anyone wanting a balance of price and location.

Room Tip: Check the wi-fi connection in your room; also don't forget to ask for a rebate of the 'secur...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are so glad to hear you found our hotel to be a great price and a great value. Feel free to share your experience with friends and family. We hope to see you here at the Red Roof Inn Rockville, on your next visit to town.

Red Roof Inn Rockville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

The staff at this hotel could not be more pleasant and understanding. The hotel is undergoing a major renovation which will make it a must stop for travelers. That coupled with the incredible staff outs it above others.

Room Tip: With the remodel, this is a great stop!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our hotel – we I will pass along your comments to our staff. We couldn’t be prouder of our team. We look forward to seeing you back here at the Red Roof Inn Rockville on your next visit to the area.

London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

When we arrived, I noticed a plunger in our washroom, it was very late as we had driven in from Canada. We went to bed and in the morning, the toilet kept filling up instead of flushing. I used the plunger left there and finally got rid of the waste in the toilet. I notified the front desk immedicately that there was a problem but they could take their time getting to it that day as we were going into DC to sight see. I was assured it would be fixed.

When we arrived back late that day, I asked the desk clerk if it had been fixed, I was told yes. The plunger was gone and the room was clean, it was getting late before I used the washroom again. By this time I was ready for bed and again, the water would start to go down, then just get higher and higher in the toilet. clear fluid would sometimes flush, anything else including toilet paper would not.

I attended the front desk again and asked for another plunger. At this point, I expected a new room but one was not offered, half the Inn was being renovated and the other rooms were full I suspect. I was handed another plunger and carried it back to our room myself.

I spoke to staff again the next day and halfways kidded how, if they can't fix it this time, for goodness sakes don't take my plunger again.

I was becoming disgusted that I had to keep plunging the toilet ON MY VACATION. When we got back again late that day, the room was nicely cleaned but again, the toilet would not flush. I made remarks on our comment card and left it for management. I want to make it very clear that I was satisfied with the cleaning, just not with the maintenance or how we were expected to just put up with a toilet that had to be plunged to work.

So far, I haven't received any feedback from them on my complaint.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 316!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
I am so sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations and that we fell short of fixing the issue. I will be sure to follow up and take corrective action to prevent this from occurring in the future. We truly value your business and hope that you can look past this incident and give us an opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Please give me a call at 301-987-0965 if you would like to discuss this issue.

Red Roof Inns Rockville, MD
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My first experience staying at Red Roof Inns ; was at this Shady Grove , Rockville MD , during the mild and very beautiful November 2011. What a wonderful surprise ! My King Superior room was truly a good business centre away from home; - pleasant; very clean, comfortable; and well maintained for the duration of my stay; plus great value! The housekeepers were very friendly and efficient. The surroundings were quiet and peaceful; and enclosed by numerous trees, with gorgeous Fall colours. Photo opportunities from the doorway of my hotel room -brilliant!
The location of this Inn makes it a veritable gem - close to places of interest in MD; VA ;and DC. whether by car or public transport. A superb selection of stores; including department stores; cafes, restaurants - many global cuisines - are literally across the road from this location. If you love Southern Indian cuisine ; head to the Minerva; a short stroll from the Inn- just ‘purrfect’; and 5 stars @ lunch or dinner !!

The staff at the front desk; were happy, personable and knowledgeable . Isaac, one of the night managers; takes the prize for the best PR ability ; and for with his unruffled professionalism. I thought I had arrived at the London Ritz Carlton ! Well done Isaac !
Isaac used his superb inter personal skills ; and pleasant, calm demeanor to assist a very stressed out & weary, single female traveler ;and her ( well traveled ) cat , Diana. He made a complicated reservation , on that first night ( near midnight); a simple and expedient matter. Thank you Isaac.
I highly recommend this location and Inn.
I shall return when next in this area, for business or vacation.
Thank you all @ Red Roof Inn , Rockville MD.
~ Charmain Page NF, CA, USA, & UK

Room Tip: Rooms behind the admin/reception building.. Rooms face onto a grassy garden to the side; and beautif...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that Isaac exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you next time you pass through the Rockville area!
General Manager Red Roof
Athens, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I checked in and had a free night certificate but not with me Kelly the person checking me in called the red roof 800 number and was able to secure my room using the certificate. When I got into my room the heat was not working I called Kelly and within minutes two maintenance techs arrived and determined that the unit was bad. The two gentleman then replaced the unit in a very timely manner they were polite and professional. I would highly recomend this property to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. I am glad to hear that Kellie and Maintenance exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you pass through the Rockville area!
General Manager Red Roof
Njoro, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Have been staying at this property for 14 years and have always enjoyed this place. Overall, it is in a great location and very easy to get to Va. and many areas that I need to travel for my business. The Staff is always courteous and very accomodating and the General Manager, Shirley Jordan, couldn't be more delightful and extremely professional.

I really like the convenience of the refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. The business desk is excellent for doing my paperwork, with great desk lighting and comfortable work chair.

Give the Red Roof a try in Rockville, Md.!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out to write that awesome review! We really do appreciate that. We do take customer service seriousley. We are very excited about our upcoming Renovation. The process will start in March. We look forward to you visiting us in the near future. Thank you again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I guess by now I should know most of the time you get what you pay for. Room was clean, staff was ok thats about the nicest thing I can say about this place, WIFI was horrible, connection consistantly dropped every 5-15 minutes, mold in the bathroom and a bare light bulb with no shade on the wall fixture, the inroom safe did not work, when I called the front desk they said someone would fix it, well thats what they said, it never happened but at least I had hope. Location was good within a mile or so of Shady Grove Metro and a lot of resturants and shopping close by. oh I almost forgot when the heater kicked on it was like a 737 landing, it would wake you from a dead sleep, so we turned it off at night, good thing it was only October.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate you letting us know. Our goal is to exceed your expecations, clearly, we did not-please except my apology. Could you please give me a call? I would like to get more detail in order to better address your concerns. My number is 301-987-0965.
Thank you very much Shirley Jordan GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
#9 of 16 in Rockville
4.0 of 5 stars 161 reviews
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rockville
Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!