“A veritable gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Chicago, Illinois
“A veritable gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My first experience staying at Red Roof Inns ; was at this Shady Grove , Rockville MD , during the mild and very beautiful November 2011. What a wonderful surprise ! My King Superior room was truly a good business centre away from home; - pleasant; very clean, comfortable; and well maintained for the duration of my stay; plus great value! The housekeepers were very friendly and efficient. The surroundings were quiet and peaceful; and enclosed by numerous trees, with gorgeous Fall colours. Photo opportunities from the doorway of my hotel room -brilliant!
The location of this Inn makes it a veritable gem - close to places of interest in MD; VA ;and DC. whether by car or public transport. A superb selection of stores; including department stores; cafes, restaurants - many global cuisines - are literally across the road from this location. If you love Southern Indian cuisine ; head to the Minerva; a short stroll from the Inn- just ‘purrfect’; and 5 stars @ lunch or dinner !!

The staff at the front desk; were happy, personable and knowledgeable . Isaac, one of the night managers; takes the prize for the best PR ability ; and for with his unruffled professionalism. I thought I had arrived at the London Ritz Carlton ! Well done Isaac !
Isaac used his superb inter personal skills ; and pleasant, calm demeanor to assist a very stressed out & weary, single female traveler ;and her ( well traveled ) cat , Diana. He made a complicated reservation , on that first night ( near midnight); a simple and expedient matter. Thank you Isaac.
I highly recommend this location and Inn.
I shall return when next in this area, for business or vacation.
Thank you all @ Red Roof Inn , Rockville MD.
~ Charmain Page NF, CA, USA, & UK

Room Tip: Rooms behind the admin/reception building.. Rooms face onto a grassy garden to the side; and beautif...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to hear that Isaac exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you next time you pass through the Rockville area!
Claudia Lazo
General Manager Red Roof

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Athens, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I checked in and had a free night certificate but not with me Kelly the person checking me in called the red roof 800 number and was able to secure my room using the certificate. When I got into my room the heat was not working I called Kelly and within minutes two maintenance techs arrived and determined that the unit was bad. The two gentleman then replaced the unit in a very timely manner they were polite and professional. I would highly recomend this property to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. I am glad to hear that Kellie and Maintenance exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We look forward to seeing you next time you pass through the Rockville area!
Claudia Lazo
General Manager Red Roof
Njoro, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Have been staying at this property for 14 years and have always enjoyed this place. Overall, it is in a great location and very easy to get to Va. and many areas that I need to travel for my business. The Staff is always courteous and very accomodating and the General Manager, Shirley Jordan, couldn't be more delightful and extremely professional.

I really like the convenience of the refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. The business desk is excellent for doing my paperwork, with great desk lighting and comfortable work chair.

Give the Red Roof a try in Rockville, Md.!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
RedRoofInnRockville, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking time out to write that awesome review! We really do appreciate that. We do take customer service seriousley. We are very excited about our upcoming Renovation. The process will start in March. We look forward to you visiting us in the near future. Thank you again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

I guess by now I should know most of the time you get what you pay for. Room was clean, staff was ok thats about the nicest thing I can say about this place, WIFI was horrible, connection consistantly dropped every 5-15 minutes, mold in the bathroom and a bare light bulb with no shade on the wall fixture, the inroom safe did not work, when I called the front desk they said someone would fix it, well thats what they said, it never happened but at least I had hope. Location was good within a mile or so of Shady Grove Metro and a lot of resturants and shopping close by. oh I almost forgot when the heater kicked on it was like a 737 landing, it would wake you from a dead sleep, so we turned it off at night, good thing it was only October.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate you letting us know. Our goal is to exceed your expecations, clearly, we did not-please except my apology. Could you please give me a call? I would like to get more detail in order to better address your concerns. My number is 301-987-0965.
Thank you very much Shirley Jordan GM
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

While the front desk employees were very nice and helpful the rooms leave a lot to be desired. Our room had tons of large, visible spider webs, dead worms in bathtub and signs of cockroaches!! Also sheets looked very old and stale.

• Stayed December 2011
RedRoofInnRockville, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Dear Guest , thank you so much for your feed-back. We really do appreciate your comments! Our goal is to offer awesome sevice to every guest. Clearly we dropped the ball. Please give us an opportunity to make it right.. I promise your next stay will exceed your expectations. Give me a call at 301-987-0965. Tks again! Shirley Jordan G.M
Ruther Glen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

great customer service.........very polite and would deffinitely be back to stay..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I needed a room for the night near the Montgomery Surgery Center, room was CLEAN, and heated. Had frig, TV, and WiFi! I was on my laptop doing work on the internet.

I had a beautiful walk from the Center to the Hotel on Watkin St. Took a cab in the morning for $8 to the Center. There is a 5 Guys and many other food places near hotel walking distance.

Room Tip: My walk on Watkins to Hotel pics...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockville
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
#9 of 16 in Rockville
4.0 of 5 stars 160 reviews
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rockville
Crowne Plaza Hotel Washington DC-Rockville

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!