“nice people and good service.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville to your Saves list
Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16001 Shady Grove Road, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
“nice people and good service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011 via mobile

Safe area, good motel with good service and nice people. (quality)

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

Generally, I love to stay at Red Roof Inns. Most of not all locations have been completely refurbished in the past couple of years, free WiFi, dogs are welcome at no extra cost, and prices that can't be beat.

This location, though, was wanting. The room was not well cleaned--hairs in the tub, dirt under the bed. Just not up to the usual standards of the chain. That said, it is an amazing bargain for this DC suburb, and the grounds were beautiful with cherry trees and dogwoods in full bloom.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

So many nagging little things wrong added up to a very poor experience. I booked this hotel to save some money for work in downtown DC, seeing they had a shuttle to the Metro. I should have checked further, I guess, because their shuttle only runs in the morning at 9:00 and 10:00 AM, making it relatively useless for business customers.
After my first night, I returned to my room the following day to see that housekeeping had only taken my wet towels, and done nothing else: No cleaning, no making the bed, nothing. The staff on duty at the desk informed me this was standard procedure, which it wasn't.
Next, I unintentionally bought a music package on the pay per view and turned it off right away. I called the front desk to get the charge taken off my bill, but was told that was impossible. I've had other quality hotels do this for me without question. Even after repeated emails to their general manager, the issue remains unresolved. No compromise offer was ever made. This is not the way you treat your customers.
Finally, after everything else, a raucous bunch of kids were staying in the room next to mine one night and stayed outside smoking and making noise. Nothing was done about it.

All in all, this experience comes off making me think that this is a hotel that will just nickel and dime their customers without having any concept-- from the person at the front desk all the way up to the general manager-- of what it means to be a customer service oriented company. I would stay I'll never stay there again, but I don't imagine this will be much of an issue for very much longer, as hotels like this tend to go out of business quickly in this economy.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Richboro, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

I travel on business and frequently stay in pricier hotels, but I am impressed with the Red Roof Inn at Shady Grove. It is located within a mile of the Shady Grove Metro station, and I use it because it is within a 20 minute drive of the LDS Temple. Red Lobster and other good restaurants are nearby. It has very comfortable bedding, and the room I rented had a nice microwave, mini-refrigerator, and desk. Free high speed internet access was provided. The beds were very comfortable, and the bedding quite pleasant. It isn't plush or posh, but it meets all of my modest needs, at a remarkable price. The front desk folks were quite pleasant.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Tuxedo, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

We stayed with two small children and found the accommodations perfectly adequate. Close to metro to DC.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

The man who checked us in was rude and unhelpful. His attitude was unappreciated. My colleague asked for an extra towel and was simply told to "come get it." His colleague, however, was very friendly and cordial.

The rooms are fine, but don't "feel" clean. An acceptable stay for one night, but I'd rather stay someplace else the next time, particularly after the rude welcome.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

I should have figured that, for the price I paid, I would be getting a room like this, but I must have had a momentary lapse in reason. The location was perfect for us, the room a good size and the price unbeatable. I was not very happy with the ants in the bathroom, the limited amount of shampoo (1 small packet for a room of 4) and the less than comfortable sheets, mattresses and pillows that seemed to have had much better days. Some of the other guests seem to be frequent short term guests, if you know what I mean. Although there were other guest that were of a better caliber. The front desk help varied in helpfulness. I warn you about the charge for the in room safe. If you do not use it make sure they take the charge off your bill. The last thing I would mention is the cleanliness of the room. Gross things and old socks under the bed and some less than appropriate reading material left in the bureau were unacceptable, but I could tell the front desk was not going to help much so I left well enough alone. If you are willing to take a chance for the price, be their guest. Otherwise, there is a Comfort Inn 2 minutes away that may be a little better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Plus+ Washington DC-Rockville? Share your experiences!