“Should Have Tried It Sooner” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Internet + Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Boston, Massachusetts
“Should Have Tried It Sooner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've been travelling to Rockville for years and local co-workers had always told me to avoid this property as it was old and not in very good condition. A newbie not familiar with this folklore booked it and I did as well in order to prepare for the day's meetings. Well, what may have been true is no longer so.

Yes, it is an older design, so the bathroom is a bit small. But the rest of it was fresh, clean and more than adequate. And what always makes the difference is the staff ... all the way to the General Manager who was "front & center" both mornings helping serve. A delightful young lady who apparently enjoys her job. Enough said.

Room Tip: Avoid the 1st floor and request a room not facing Shady Grove Road if you're seeking a little mo...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed one night at the hotel on April 4th. I got excellent rate for single with my AAA card. The room was immaculately clean. Even the grout in bathroom was white as snow. The hotel overall was perfect. I got there late and left next morning. I didn't need anything fancy. Good location in quiet area. Hotel is modern, basic and very peaceful. Zen/Asian/modern style. Clean and simple. I was told it was renovated recently. I prefer low rise places rather than busy high-rise property. Very relaxing environment. Staff was very nice.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

Had to be in DC for an EARLY morning meeting, so I wanted something easy to get to and close to the METRO. This couldn't have worked better! RIGHT off 270 so it was a quick two turns after exiting the highway, and the METRO station is essentially on the same road two miles away. Room was clean and staff was friendly - check-in was lightning fast!

Auburn, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

I am a Marriott Rewards member and try to stay at them when there is a decent one in the area. Spent 3 nights here last week on business. The hotel sits next to a highway, so I got to hear sirens at different times of the night but hey, you're in a busy area. Lobby was nicely appointed, fast check-in also. My room was clean, but the layout was odd and I've never said that about a room before. When I walked in, I made a left and walked past the sink and closet to go into the bathroom. The toilet was on the left, and the door opened to the left and almost hit the toilet so that was weird. The dresser was to the right side of the bed with the TV located on it. this was odd because normally they're placed at the end of the bed so you can lie in bed and watch TV. Room was average, but the bed was VERY comfortable. No hot water problems, towels were pretty thick. Meals in the hotel "restaurant" were expensive - $6.50 for a domestic beer, eggs bacon and home fries with a coffee - $14. Pizza was around $15 for a pie that could be shared by 2 people. The restaurant was located in the lobby, not a side room. Pay close attention to your bill though, as at checkout I noticed a $55 dinner charge on my bill that was not mine. The problem at the hotel is that you can order food at the counter and tell them to charge it to your room. They don't ask for a room key or identification, so I'd guess someone ate and charged it to my room. the manager was fine and removed the charge from my bill.

Green Features: The hotel promoted re-using your towels which is good.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Lauren R, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, March 20, 2015
Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Rockville Courtyard.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed most of your stay. I apologize for the issue you had with your bill, I am glad that the staff was able to address and correct the issue immediately. We will ensure to review with our Bistro associates the importance of getting both the last name and room number and verifying all the information before posting charges to a guest room so this does not happen again for future guest.

If your travels bring you to the Rockville in the future I hope you stay with us again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

The staff is so accommodating and helpful. They provide transportation within a 5 mile radius and are always helpful. I stay here often and always have a great experience. Rooms are nice, clean and a good size, the courtyard area is lovely. Beds are exceptionally comfortable. Nice pool too - but only open Thurs.-Sun.

I think this one of the first Courtyards ever open.... the property is up to date and very well kept.\

I will always stay here when working in the area.

Room Tip: The Bistro is adequate but the hotel does not serve lunch.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Lauren R, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, March 11, 2015
Good day,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Rockville Courtyard on your travels.

I am so glad to hear that our associates were accommodating and helpful. We strive to provide excellent service and a great experience at all times. You are correct, we are only of the 1st generation Courtyards, 28 years old, but have done several renovations to keep us up to date.

We hope to see you again on your travels to Rockville.

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

I have never had a bad experience with a courtyard. This one had a comfy bed, ample space, and was very clean. The HVAC system, however, was noisy so I had to wear some ear plugs which I keep for such times. I was also surprised that we didn't get a continental breakfast. Rather there was a 24/7 Starbucks in the lobby where you could purchase coffee and food. This was not a big drawback and I love their coffee.

Green Features: Ask for a room not near Shady Grove Road. The hospital is nearby and ambulances are a regular irritant.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2015

A pleasant experience was had at the Courtyard Rockville last week. Everything was pretty much hassle free and the wifi was good. I found the hotel itself a bit bland and lacking in personality from the lobby to the individual rooms. However, everything was pretty functional. It would be nice if the cafe offered real food like sandwiches, etc. late at night instead of just junk food. Also, a big negative for me was the fitness room which had a couple treadmills and free weights but that was about it. The beds in the room were comfortable and the temperature of the room was adequate. The hotel itself could just use a bit of boutique in it's style instead of being just another generic business hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Lauren R, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, January 26, 2015
Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Rockville Courtyard.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience some of the amenities we have to offer. We appreciate your feedback in regards to our fitness center and market. We are in the process of revamping both areas to offer more selections.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope to see you again at the Rockville Courtyard.

Lauren

Been to Courtyard Rockville? Share your experiences!