“Good choice to use as a base” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
“Good choice to use as a base”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was meeting a friend in DC and used this as a base. The rooms were large, well equipped and very clean. The indoor pool was appreciated after a day in the city. Staff were polite and professional and as a lone female traveller this hotel felt safe.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lewisburg, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This hotel was nice.The staff were very friendly,the room was so nice,the beds were really comfortable and the balcony was cute.It even had a book of mormon which is awesome.It was in a nice town,near some good food nearby.Will return for sure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Ugh!!!! I will give hotels the benefit of the doubt and point out positives where possible.. This hotel truly has no positives.

My daughter and I were once again on the road for a lacrosse tournament and ended up at this hotel. I did not originally intent to stay at this hotel, however due to issues with a travel agent canceling my original reservation just down the road... I was referred to this hotel by the Hilton Homewood Suites. I have to admit since the Hilton recommended this hotel (because there wasn't anything available at the Hilton that night).. I figured it couldn't be a bad hotel..WRONG!!

The room had a very strong musty smell, you could hear your neighbor..so I'm sure our neighbor could hear my daughter and I laughing at times.. The bed very hard.. The a/c was on one of those energy savers, so it shut off in the middle of the night since there wasn't any movement in the room.. We could hear the highway traffic from our room..the water from the sink had a really strange smell and made brushing teeth very difficult..I would NOT even get a sip of tap water before heading to bed.. The hotel felt damp and smelled like it had moisture throughout the halls..the parking lot is not visitor friendly either..it's very dark and due to location and lack of property security, you're likely to have your car broken into... BYPASS this hotel if you can..

If it's your only choice of a hotel.. Well you'll at least have a roof over your head.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We are unabashed Marriott fans and we stay here every time we come to visit friends in Rockville (we used to live in Rockville). The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and the lobby is pleasant. The best part is that they are two minutes from Il Pizzico, one of the best Italian restaurants in Maryland.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It was a great location right off of the interstate but still in a quiet area. Our room was clean and the staff was very friendly. The lobby had very nice seating to enjoy a meal and the hotel had a bistro in house. They had nice outdoor relaxing seating to enjoy on a beautiful day. There was also seating on our balcony to enjoy the nice breeze! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return the next time we travel in the DC area. Also the price was great for the area!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the center of the hotel! I think it's even numbered rooms that face the center...
Green Features: I think that it was fine - I didn't mind using my towel more than once!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here for less than 12 hours, only because there was no availability at surrounding hotels. The was a odor in my room, dirty carpet, and trash on the floor of the closet. The property advertises that they recently renovated, however that is NOT the case. . the only items in my room that were updated was the TV (with very limited channels) and the sick counter.

The icing on the cake for the kids that ran the hallrooms.

This property is a misrepresentation of the Mariott brand.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, be sure to avoid the rooms by the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
I want to first apologize that we were unable to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I believe that I had the opportunity to speak with you on the phone regarding the issues you experienced, and offered additional housekeeping services as well as rewards points as compensation for your inconvienience. I do apologize that your room was near the elevator, however as you stated our hotel as well as the other area hotels had no availability. We happily transfer rooms for guests that are unhappy with the area of the hotel they are in if we have the availability. We did have a complete rooms renovation that was competed in early 2013, and many of our guests are very pleased with the update. I apologize again that it did not meet your expectations.

If you have further feedback for me or my team, please do not hesitate to contact me as we are always looking for ways to make our guests stay pleasant and enjoyable.

Thank you agian for your feedback.
Vestal, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is a nice hotel located just outside of DC in Rockville MD. It was clean and easy to get to and had a restaurant on site called the Bistro that offered decent food as well as the option to just take it back to your room. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable with a large flat screen TV and free HBO. For two nights we payed only 170.00 and that included everything. Cant say anything bad about this nice hotel.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was really nice!
Green Features: I agree with everything that this facility is doing to make the environment as its current practices reflect that.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of the Courtyard Rockville. We work very had to ensure our guest have a comfortable and enjoyable experience, and I will be sharing your experience with the team.

Thank you for staying with us and I do hope the next time you are in the Rockville area we have the pleasure of seeing you again.

Safe and happy travels!

Been to Courtyard Rockville? Share your experiences!