“Nice but Polar Vortex damage” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Sacramento, California
“Nice but Polar Vortex damage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a lovely property and conveniently located if you want to visit Washington D.C. after taking care of business near Baltimore. The desk staff are great, but I wouldn't say that about the staff at the restaurant. Dang, I just ordered oatmeal and a juice! She acted like it was a 7-course meal instead of something she likely microwaved. Also, I made a reservation in advance and it wasn't until I arrived was I notified that many of the facilities were closed due to damage from winter storms. Thus, I had to navigate hallways much further than anticipated. Not bad for me, but I am pushing a husband in a wheelchair over 4 days. And the pool doesn't open to clients until 10 a.m. Well, for people on a business trip wanting exercise before heading out for the day, that's a little inconvenient. Again, it should be noted when reservations are pending. But overall, this is a comfortable place and the room was lovely, with everything you need. And the lounge area is great for socializing, esp if you are traveling with a group.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms right of the reservation desk. You are close to amenities and away from noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Rockville. I am so happy to hear that our guest service agents were able to take care of you. Unfortunately we did have a pipe break during the cold weather in January, but I am happy to report that our entire facility is back in service. In regards to the pool, the county requires a lifegaurd to be on duty while the pool is open, and as there was very minimal, if any, use during certain times of the day we have specific hours that it is oen. We do offer complimentary passes to a local health club with a pool for any guests that wish to have a swim while our pool is closed. Thank you again for your response, safe and happy travels.

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brunswick, Md.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We found this Courtyard to be very helpful and very friendly. The bed was very comfortable...made for a great nights sleep. Location to where we needed to be was great. Price was very good.....senior discount was a HUGE help. Recommend this place when you are in the Rockville, MD. area.

Room Tip: If you are a senior citizen make sure to ask for a special rate. IF the rooms are available it woul...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Vicki,

I want to thank you for your review of the Courtyard Rockville. We strive to provide a refreshing, comfortable, and customer focused enviroment for each of our guests. I am so pleased that we were able to meet your expectations, and I will be passing your feedback along to the entire staff.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in your future travels to the Rockville area.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Checking in was a breeze, but from there it's a journey to your room. The property is very spread out, so once I secured my key it was a long walk and I mean a long walk to the elevator. Then from the elevator to my room was another journey, it felt like I walked into another zip code! Had the front desk told me that it would have been easier to park at the bldg closet to my room, I would have been ok with that. But, there's only one elevator which was at the opposite end from where my room was. Other than that the hotel itself was ok, the room was clean with the usual amenities. there was a small what they called a Bistro on the property and there was a nice size swimming pool. The business centre was great with lots of terminals. The touch screen digital message board was very nice. The board would give you where the shops, restaurants and so on are located and how far they were from the hotel as well as the local weather. The location was just off I-270 and close to a shopping centre. Just remember to ask for a room closet to the elevator.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I want to thank you for your review of the Courtyard by Marriott Rockville. I am so happy to hear that you were able to be productive and enjoy our public spaces.

I do apologize that the the ideal parking arrangements were not communicated to you, following check-in. The comfort and enjoyability of our guests is our first priority. We are using your feedback as a training opportunity for associates to prevent this situation in the future.

I do hope that you give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future trip. Thank you again for your review, and thank you for staying with us!
Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We spent only one night as part of a group. Our girls ice hockey team had a couple of games at a nearby rink. Some of the best front desk/concierge service I've encountered. Incredibly pleasant and helpful. They accomodated a team breakfast in a party room for us as part of our negotiated rate. Food was standard buffet fare.
The room were decent, had some old smoke smell in ours. Beds were comfortable. Everything worked well.
It's a fairly corporate area, so over the weekend it was pretty quiet. Some shops and chain restaurants nearby. Other small lunch places nearby were closed. Very close to the Rockville Ice Arena where we played.

Room Tip: The hotel is compact so not too far of a walk for anything. Quiet setting. Would be best to stay on...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Erin A, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Lisa,

I want to thank you for your review! Our front desk team works very hard to provide excellent customer service for our guests, and I look forward to sharing your comments with them.

I do apologize for the musty/smoke smell you encountered. We are proud to be a non-smoking property, and do our very best to provide a clean and smoke free environment to all of our guests. Than kyou for this feedback as, I will be sharing it with my team, so that other guest will not experience the same issue.

We are located in a quiet corporate area, but we are happy to now provide a complmentary shuttle service to nearby shops and restaurants, as well as the local metro station, which is just a quick ride to Washington DC

We do hope that you are able to return for future hockey tournaments. Thank you again for choosing the Rockville Courtyard!
East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Nothing out of the ordinary for this Courtyard, but that's good in my book. They've updated the lobby and have included a bistro. As others have mentioned, it's on the expensive side but I expect that for a lobby eatery. Rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. Internet was free and that's a plus. Overall, a pleasant stay with no hassles or surprises. Which is what I expect from a Marriott.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Courtyard Rockville. We truly enjoy serving our guests, and we do understand the many issues that can arise for the business traveler. That is why I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you productive, comfortable and enjoyable accomodations for your business trip. We hope to see you again. Thank you again for staying with us!

Wishing you safe and happy future travels!
Hillsborough, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Courteous staff at every turn, spacious and comfortable room, internet and breakfast included in my arrangement, price was fine--not a great deal but certainly not a ripoff given the quality and service. Breakfast was very good, and quick. Starbucks coffee a nice touch. All in all a seamless in and out. All good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Paul,

Thank you so muc hfor your review. We strive to provide each and every guest with amazing and personalized customer service. I truly appreciate your recognition and will be passing along your review to the entire team. We hope to see you again in the future, thank you again for choosing the Rockville Courtyard.
Smyrna, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hotel is nice, clean and spacious. I like the new bedding. Pool was open and it was nice. For breakfast, I would rather go to nearby PaneraBread(we paid $7 for a banada and a cup of cereal for my son). The lobby only has free water.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review of the Courtyard Rockville. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our new bedding. I also appreciate your feedback on the pricing of some of our items in the Bistro, and will review the pricing and compare to some of the other hotel restaurants in the area, and adjust it if we do not appear to be competitively priced.

Thank you again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again on a future visit!

Been to Courtyard Rockville? Share your experiences!