OK, just so we're clear up front: I happen to like Marriotts. They maintain standards of service and cleanliness, and if there's one close to where I need to be, I will find a way to stay there. This one was no different: clean rooms, friendly staff, convenient location. So what could have possibly wrong?
A couple of months ago, we stayed at one in New Jersey. All seemed fine, until we saw the bill: it included a restaurant charge that we didn't quite recall making. Sure, we stayed up a little late at the hotel bistro/bar talking with family, and it was conceivable that we put a charge on our room. We wrote it off, thinking: OK, we probably paid for a small round of drinks with the cousins.
So fast forward to yesterday, and this particular Marriott. Again, friendly staff, clean rooms, met expectations. Had some drinks with our grown-up children before heading for our respective rooms. The next day, an examination of the bill revealed a restaurant charge to the room. This time, we *knew* we had paid cash. I brought it up to the front desk, and the clerk looked into the matter, and advised that she would need to consult with the manager. I said "Fine - but I need to leave within the hour; please resolve this before then."
The charge got rightfully removed, but my suspicious mind started clicking. Did we stumble on:
1. An honest mistake?
2. A deliberate action by some other guest who used our room number? (but I thought staff was supposed to check room number against guest name)
3. An ongoing scam by unscrupulous staff to chisel just a little more from a guest who is obviously on a business expense account?
I truly do not know. But this is something for which we will be watching out from here on. At a Marriott, no less. Truly disturbing. I wonder if I should reassess my patronage of this chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Starbucks on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard Rockville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Rockville Hotel Rockville
- Rockville Marriott
- Rockville Courtyard