“Skip this Courtyard” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
Audubon, Pennsylvania
“Skip this Courtyard”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stay at Marriott properties or Hilton depending on the location, need and other factors. both chains seem to be consistent and I usually have no issues. Not this time! This hotel was/ is under construction so all my profile preferences were not available. I booked directly with this hotel and was never made aware. I was placed on the ground floor and was felt like a basement floor in an old apartment building. Lighting was dim, along with the carpet and wallpaper. The lobby was updated but the rooms were not. After I checked in I went down the street and there was a new Marriott property and a new Hilton property. That’s my new spot and the pricing is the same. also the new properties are next to a shopping center with a Starbucks, supermarket, restaurants and more.

Workout equipment was in two seperate small roooms and not upto date. In a dim and remote location.
Not coming back to this hotel location.

Room Tip: go down the street to the other chain or other marriott property
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our hockey team was playing over the weekend in Rockville and we stayed here..Staff and facilities were A+...We had a group rate that included a full breakfast for our team. Will definitely stay here again when traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Hotel is set-up in a U shape..If you are staying and want to be near the lobby and amenities, ask wh...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at the Marriot Courtyard for a whole week for work. I did not expect much since I didn't plan to be at the hotel much but I was not impressed with the service provided by the front desk. Either they are understaffed or the staff just like to hang out in the back. I came by the front on several occasion and they were not there. I had to wait until someone came out from the back.
It smells funky through out the whole hotel. The only thing I was impressed with was the housekeeping. The ladies were really sweet. I only asked for room cleaning every other day but ladies always leave a bag of toiletries and clean towels in front of my door.

I felt like I was treated rudely because I did not booked directly with Marriot but instead my company booked through a 3rd party website. I understand the hotel does not earn as much when we book through a 3rd party so I usually compare prices and book directly with the hotel itself. But since my company booked this for me, I had no choice. There were at least 3 situation with 3 different staff that told me they could not accommodate my request because I booked through a 3rd party website. Well, honestly that is Marriot's choice of marketing and advertisement. So why is the costumer getting punished for it. Needless to say, I called on my last day to see if I can have a late check out. I have been here for a whole week and I can tell this hotel is pretty much empty and there were barely any cars in the lot all week but after checking my account, they told me I have to check out at 12pm. I guess they notice I was an Expedia costumer.

My co-worker ended up staying down the street at Hilton Garden for the same price and the hotel was much cleaner, very new, better service, and even came with a continental breakfast. Save your self the trouble and just book with another hotel. There are plenty around the area for more bangs for your buck. My stay was extended for 3 more days, so you know where I will be going. Courtyard, if you were nicer about my 3rd party website booking, I would of extended my stay with you. But just too bad that you didn't train your staff to have the same hospitality to all your costumers!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Pitman, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stay at this hotel an average of once per month. I visited this hotel in July and the elevator was being repaired and thus not working. I returned last week (August) and the elevator was still not working. Balconies on exterior-facing rooms are unfurnished and dirty. My bathroom had a long black hair on the floor near the bathtub upon check-in. Otherwise...the staff is friendly and helpful, the facilities are nice and the rooms are quiet. Marriott has other properties in the area, as do many of Marriott's competitors. A few tweaks are needed here to improve the competitiveness of this hotel.

Room Tip: Even-numbered rooms face the quiet courtyard and are furnished. Walk across the street to Thats Amor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
home
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in the area for a weekend training. The hotel was located close to my venue. We reserved two rooms. I did inform the hotel prior to my arrival that I needed adjoining rooms. However the rooms weren't. After speaking to the front desk, they quickly resolved the situation and accommodated us.

The hotel's lobby is very modern and has nice sitting areas. The weekend we were there, there were many teenagers for some type of basketball event. They were hanging out in the lobby and pool. There was enough room for them to hang out and others to enjoy the area.

The rooms were clean and functional. We paid $80 per night which was an excellent deal for any hotel.
I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Check Marriott's website for the best prices.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We found this place by accident and found it to be great for a quick overnight stay. We had a room with 2 queen beds that was very comfortable and spacious. Hotel was very clean and staff pleasant. We had a sandwich at their "Le Bistro" area and it was surprisingly good. They also brew Starbucks coffee which helped get us started the next morning. With AAA card we got the room for 85 bucks which was a deal. The downside was the hotel's elevator wasn't working and there aren't many restaurants nearby. It is mostly a business area so it was very quiet on Saturday when we stayed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel has a very modern look with accommodating common areas inside and out. The room was well appointed for this price range. Unfortunately, while the bed itself was comfortable, I had a terrible experience with bug bites. While falling asleep I noticed a bug in the sheets. I performed a cursory examination and didn't see another - since the bug appeared larger than a bed bug I wasn't as alarmed as I might have been (I mistakenly thought all bed bugs were tiny but have now learned the adults are larger and match what I saw) I checked out without thinking more of it. However, I eventually noticed a few itchy, bumpy spots on various areas and now have 6-8 spots. I performed an internet search and pictures confirm that what I saw was a bed bug. The hotel has a pleasant look and convenient location but I would be very concerned about issues with bed bugs in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sorry for your experience at our hotel. We wish you had reported the incident so we could have investigated the problem. Fortuneately we have had no other comments of this nature. Again please accept my apology for your experience with our hotel.

Been to Courtyard Rockville? Share your experiences!