“Excellent place for a quick stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 15 hotels in Rockville
Greenville, North Carolina
“Excellent place for a quick stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We found this place by accident and found it to be great for a quick overnight stay. We had a room with 2 queen beds that was very comfortable and spacious. Hotel was very clean and staff pleasant. We had a sandwich at their "Le Bistro" area and it was surprisingly good. They also brew Starbucks coffee which helped get us started the next morning. With AAA card we got the room for 85 bucks which was a deal. The downside was the hotel's elevator wasn't working and there aren't many restaurants nearby. It is mostly a business area so it was very quiet on Saturday when we stayed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments.

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel has a very modern look with accommodating common areas inside and out. The room was well appointed for this price range. Unfortunately, while the bed itself was comfortable, I had a terrible experience with bug bites. While falling asleep I noticed a bug in the sheets. I performed a cursory examination and didn't see another - since the bug appeared larger than a bed bug I wasn't as alarmed as I might have been (I mistakenly thought all bed bugs were tiny but have now learned the adults are larger and match what I saw) I checked out without thinking more of it. However, I eventually noticed a few itchy, bumpy spots on various areas and now have 6-8 spots. I performed an internet search and pictures confirm that what I saw was a bed bug. The hotel has a pleasant look and convenient location but I would be very concerned about issues with bed bugs in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Sorry for your experience at our hotel. We wish you had reported the incident so we could have investigated the problem. Fortuneately we have had no other comments of this nature. Again please accept my apology for your experience with our hotel.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Let me start off by saying ...I admit to being a “hotel snob”....But this weekend I was a basketball parent in disguise !!!

This Courtyard by Marriott was in a fairly good location off the highway and close to a variety of stores, shops and eateries. Good price with my AAA.

We were attending a tournament at the Discovery Sports Complex for the weekend. We were approx 10-12 minutes away from the sports complex.

The new lobby was great, large screen TV’s in the lounge pit, and small sitting pods which had smaller flat screens for a more personal touch.
We found that not only did the small pod areas have TV’s but you could play games on them as well .....that was a very good addition along with four computer stations!!!

The Bistro was nice, service was fairly quick. Besides a few basketball teams there were Girl Scouts, a family reunion group and a senior group....It would have been nice to have to two registers...but they managed ok with one. Taking each order with care and personalized service. Pricing was a little high ...as to be expected. I paid $12 for 2 eggs, bacon, toast and potatoes and tea. Food was warm...I like “hot” food.

Rooms were neat and clean, good size flat screen TV
The beds....were basic, a little low to the ground (not your JW Marriott...lol) I was a little disappointed in the beds but managed ( linen was crisp and clean)
I think my bigger disappointment was ...when we returned at 2:30pm... our room had not been serviced by housekeeping ( my pet peeve)...after playing 3 games...out since 7am its nice to return to a clean, cool room!

The inner courtyard of the hotel was nice, relaxing ...you can see the pool from many areas of the hotel. ( all areas were neat and clean) ....a few too many “gnats” during the evening but we just relocated to the inner lobby which had a good view to the inner outside courtyard.
Never really heard any noise from the hospital near by, I did noticed that there were 3 other Marriott properties within a 4 block radius.

Tolia was great when checking in he was professional yet personal and friendly.

Overall the stay was good the price was right, excellent choice with nine 11 year old basketball players.

My actual rating would be a little better than Average...A great choice for families and groups!
....as the "hotel snob" is would rate OK.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the inner courtyard with a open balcony! (open slats, so you can see your view of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
William D, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
I'd like to personally thank you for your comments.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

First the positives: once they acknowledged that two people were waiting, the front desk staff were friendly and quick to check me in. They gave me bottled water because I have gold status at Marriott. I was give my choice of floor at check in. The lobby is nicely updated with the new cafe, computer terminals etc. I ordered a sandwich from the cafe and even the lettuce and tomato were fresh --it was not pre-packaged.

Now the negatives: to get to the third floor one had to walk the entire length of the first floor room area. Hallways are dark and dingy. No vending machines. The phone in my room did not work unless the front desk was calling me! They forgot to put my checkout receipt under the door. Sirens all day/night because the hotel is near a hospital.

It was bearable for a one night business trip but I would not recommend for a repeat or extended visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
William D, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We will be renovating all of our rooms and hallways in the fourth quarter of this year. Hopefully this will solve some of the problems you mentioned.
Again we appreciate your feedback.
COLUMBUS OHIO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Firstly fair do's - the Property is a nicely remodeled 'bistro' series Courtyard which means it has a breakfast/lunch/dinner bar instead of the old 'buffet vs restaurant' facilities prevalent elsewhere with the brand. The room was great, the WiFi slow but passable and FOC....the traffic noise (my pet peeve) none too bad - considering it's near an ER.....and the folks on Front Desk and in front office could NOT have been nicer or more considerate.

Except that is for the night manager who called my room at 1am to demand 'Who are you?' - never mind he had my AmEX card, my Marriott Rewards ID and Drivers License number all on file.....apparently I was sleeping soundly and this is forbidden? More seriously, maybe he has day job as interrogator for CIA?

The management here acknowledged and gave me a free breakfast as a perk but really I hardly think that was enough of a compensation. A free night (after all who can sleep after being woken and peppered with questions after midnight?) might have been appropriate.

My suggestion - before you start to nod off of a night, disconnect the room phone.

Midnight Renditions excepted - Rooms on the east side of the hotel are quieter than those to the west or south; the internet 'cafe' in the lobby was convenient, and there were TWO exercise rooms which was nice.

There is a fabulous Italian Eatery literally across the street...walk is only 2-3 mins...very worthwhile.
So recommend? Yes - just unplug the phone and ignore the Marriott's Trainee Gestapo.
PS - Like many of my hotel picks - check Priceline FIRST....mmmkay?

Room Tip: East side of Property was quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
William D, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
I apologize for any inconvienience. Unfortuneately we had a guest in the hotel that was calling other guest rooms. Again please accept my apology.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

great on-the-go breakfast available and starbucks coffee. Clean rooms, interactive map in te lobby and fabulous Italian restaurant across the street. I live-saver for us after a long day.

Room Tip: find out how far you are from the elevator. the property is lare with elevator in the center of the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
William D, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel.
We hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011 via mobile

I love this place. Great service, friendly staff, clean rooms, reasonable rates. And, the manager Victor will do anything to make your stay pleasant. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Courtyard Rockville? Share your experiences!