“Good Location, Good Price, Good for Families and Groups!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
New Jersey
“Good Location, Good Price, Good for Families and Groups!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Let me start off by saying ...I admit to being a “hotel snob”....But this weekend I was a basketball parent in disguise !!!

This Courtyard by Marriott was in a fairly good location off the highway and close to a variety of stores, shops and eateries. Good price with my AAA.

We were attending a tournament at the Discovery Sports Complex for the weekend. We were approx 10-12 minutes away from the sports complex.

The new lobby was great, large screen TV’s in the lounge pit, and small sitting pods which had smaller flat screens for a more personal touch.
We found that not only did the small pod areas have TV’s but you could play games on them as well .....that was a very good addition along with four computer stations!!!

The Bistro was nice, service was fairly quick. Besides a few basketball teams there were Girl Scouts, a family reunion group and a senior group....It would have been nice to have to two registers...but they managed ok with one. Taking each order with care and personalized service. Pricing was a little high ...as to be expected. I paid $12 for 2 eggs, bacon, toast and potatoes and tea. Food was warm...I like “hot” food.

Rooms were neat and clean, good size flat screen TV
The beds....were basic, a little low to the ground (not your JW Marriott...lol) I was a little disappointed in the beds but managed ( linen was crisp and clean)
I think my bigger disappointment was ...when we returned at 2:30pm... our room had not been serviced by housekeeping ( my pet peeve)...after playing 3 games...out since 7am its nice to return to a clean, cool room!

The inner courtyard of the hotel was nice, relaxing ...you can see the pool from many areas of the hotel. ( all areas were neat and clean) ....a few too many “gnats” during the evening but we just relocated to the inner lobby which had a good view to the inner outside courtyard.
Never really heard any noise from the hospital near by, I did noticed that there were 3 other Marriott properties within a 4 block radius.

Tolia was great when checking in he was professional yet personal and friendly.

Overall the stay was good the price was right, excellent choice with nine 11 year old basketball players.

My actual rating would be a little better than Average...A great choice for families and groups!
....as the "hotel snob" is would rate OK.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the inner courtyard with a open balcony! (open slats, so you can see your view of...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
William D, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
I'd like to personally thank you for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

First the positives: once they acknowledged that two people were waiting, the front desk staff were friendly and quick to check me in. They gave me bottled water because I have gold status at Marriott. I was give my choice of floor at check in. The lobby is nicely updated with the new cafe, computer terminals etc. I ordered a sandwich from the cafe and even the lettuce and tomato were fresh --it was not pre-packaged.

Now the negatives: to get to the third floor one had to walk the entire length of the first floor room area. Hallways are dark and dingy. No vending machines. The phone in my room did not work unless the front desk was calling me! They forgot to put my checkout receipt under the door. Sirens all day/night because the hotel is near a hospital.

It was bearable for a one night business trip but I would not recommend for a repeat or extended visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
William D, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We will be renovating all of our rooms and hallways in the fourth quarter of this year. Hopefully this will solve some of the problems you mentioned.
Again we appreciate your feedback.
COLUMBUS OHIO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Firstly fair do's - the Property is a nicely remodeled 'bistro' series Courtyard which means it has a breakfast/lunch/dinner bar instead of the old 'buffet vs restaurant' facilities prevalent elsewhere with the brand. The room was great, the WiFi slow but passable and FOC....the traffic noise (my pet peeve) none too bad - considering it's near an ER.....and the folks on Front Desk and in front office could NOT have been nicer or more considerate.

Except that is for the night manager who called my room at 1am to demand 'Who are you?' - never mind he had my AmEX card, my Marriott Rewards ID and Drivers License number all on file.....apparently I was sleeping soundly and this is forbidden? More seriously, maybe he has day job as interrogator for CIA?

The management here acknowledged and gave me a free breakfast as a perk but really I hardly think that was enough of a compensation. A free night (after all who can sleep after being woken and peppered with questions after midnight?) might have been appropriate.

My suggestion - before you start to nod off of a night, disconnect the room phone.

Midnight Renditions excepted - Rooms on the east side of the hotel are quieter than those to the west or south; the internet 'cafe' in the lobby was convenient, and there were TWO exercise rooms which was nice.

There is a fabulous Italian Eatery literally across the street...walk is only 2-3 mins...very worthwhile.
So recommend? Yes - just unplug the phone and ignore the Marriott's Trainee Gestapo.
PS - Like many of my hotel picks - check Priceline FIRST....mmmkay?

Room Tip: East side of Property was quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
William D, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
I apologize for any inconvienience. Unfortuneately we had a guest in the hotel that was calling other guest rooms. Again please accept my apology.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

great on-the-go breakfast available and starbucks coffee. Clean rooms, interactive map in te lobby and fabulous Italian restaurant across the street. I live-saver for us after a long day.

Room Tip: find out how far you are from the elevator. the property is lare with elevator in the center of the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
William D, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel.
We hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011 via mobile

I love this place. Great service, friendly staff, clean rooms, reasonable rates. And, the manager Victor will do anything to make your stay pleasant. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in Nov 2011. The Courtyard is a standard and pretty much what you would expect. There were some highlights and lowlights from my stay:

THE HIGHLIGHTS
-Good bistro, serving coffee, sandwiches, breakfast, snack items. I liked that the bistro was open from early morning until late evening.
-Lobby was nicely decorated with plenty of workspace
-Room was clean and adequate

THE LOWLIGHTS
-Nothing within walking distance
-The smell of chlorine from the pool is overpowering in the lower level hallways
-They offer swimming lessons here for kids during the weeknights and the walls in the rooms are very thin - make sure you request an upper floor room or one not by the pool

All in all, it is a decent hotel for a night or two and the staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Do not get a room by the pool since there is an overpowering chlorine smell and swimming lessons con...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Only here for one night and wish we had stayed here the night before. The hotel was recently updated. The lobby reminded us of a hotel we stayed at in Japan Town in San Fran. Warm earth tones with a soothing appeal. The room was very clean and had a balcony facing the inside courtyard. It was relaxing in the morning to sit on the balcony and listen to the sounds of the birds in the trees. Ask for a courtyard facing room. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was pitch black for sleeping. We slept well. We had a king sized bed. The room had a flat screen LG TV, refrigerator, and microwave. The pool was nice- pretty large for a hotel. The rate was exceptional for a DC vicinity hotel. The metro is nearby. We drove to it, parked, and then went into DC.

Room Tip: Upper floor inside courtyard facing room is quite and good for sleeping.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
William D, General Manager at Courtyard Rockville, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Thank you, we appreciate your comments.

Been to Courtyard Rockville? Share your experiences!