“Clean hotel, renovated lobby and a little bit outdated bathroom” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Smyrna, DE
“Clean hotel, renovated lobby and a little bit outdated bathroom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

It is a nice and clean hotel and we were automatically upgraded to a king suite with minifridge and microwave. Pool was closed in winter. Bathroom is kind of outdated and small.

We use our marriott rewards points and same 10,000 were deducted when we stayed at Courtyard in Puxi, Shanghai. I'd say the one in Shanghai has way better value than the one in Rockville. Though in Shanghai, you have to pay extra for internet services and we only stayed in a room not a suite.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Birdsboro, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Room was very clean and modern. Air conditioner was controlled by a thermostat on wall and worked great. Did not use pool or hot tub but others in our party did enjoy. Front desk staff was very pleasant. Would definately recommend!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Pretty much what I expect in a Courtyard. Nice clean rooms and property, Bed was comfortable, bath worked well with plenty of hot water. AC worked great and they were in the middle of a heat wave with temps of 98 degs. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good parking and seemed like a very safe area.
Not a lot of restaurant choices nearby, but I do recommend the Hard Times Cafe for burgers and beer. Fun place with good food.
The restaurant in the hotel is eh... nothing special and over priced. Breakfast there is OK but dinner looks poor. I only had breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

When I arrived, I had trouble identifying the main entrance because it was more clearly marked with the name of the restaurant inside than the name of the hotel. When I walked in, it was also incredibly noisy and the front desk workers were all chatting, so I had to ask if I was in the right place. Everyone was friendly, though, and I got checked-in quickly. My room was in the back (as requested) and felt a little unsafe as there were many doors leading to the parking lot. People piggy-back through locked doors too much for me to feel 100% safe. The room was outdated but comfortable... I wish I'd at least had a fridge as I was staying for business for several days. And/or a microwave? I liked that the sink was outside the bathroom, but wish the entire room had better lighting. No matter how many lights I used, they were never bright and always in the wrong place. Hard to do makeup in a dim mirror. The bathroom was fine: small and dim, with no hot water. Luke-warm water does not make for a refreshing shower. I liked having a balcony and the large flatscreen, but wish the desk was a little easier to use. There were plenty of outlets, all in the right places, but the desk was just too narrow and I hate the pullout ones on wheels. There was a comfy sitting area and plenty of storage space. Location-wise, it's very convenienet off I-270, but there is an unfortunate lack of nearby gas stations. Be sure to ask the desk for directions as you'll waste gas driving around trying to find one yourself. I also wish there was a little pamphlet or something with nearby attractions... but perhaps there's just nothing of interest nearby. It would at least have been nice to have a map with the closest metro stop included in the room. I also wish there was room service but I'm not so lazy that I can't get up and walk to the noisy lobby for dinner, even if I was tired after driving 6 hours to arrive at this hotel. Overall, it was nice, just not a standout hotel to which I want to return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

JUst what we were looking for. Perfect location for us; spacious clean rooms with good sized bathrooms. Hotel facilities perfectly adequate, nice breakfast and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
ocean city, md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

We stayed 1 night at the Courtyard Rockville and found it to be perfect for our needs. If you are just looking for a stop over place that is clean with a comfortable bed, this is it. We had a king sized room with a pull out sofa. We didn't use the couch for anything other than sittng on. There is a standard tube tv in the room. There was no mini refrigerator or microwave. We did use Marriott points to stay here and I do not think that it should be classified a tier 2 hotel (10,000 points) it should be a tier 1 in my opinion. I think that the only reason that it is a 2 is because this is Rockville.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

I tradtionally stay at Marriott branded hotels when I travel and general find them appealing. Courtyard Marriott is a step down from the signature Marriott hotels. When I travel I look at a couple main components (bed, gym, shower and reception area and room). They've revamped the main lobby which is nice, the bed was ok, shower was decent, but the gym consisted of 3 cardio machines in what almost seems like a converted closet and the tv is an older projection tv. All in all it's an ok place, but would probably stay in a different location if in the area

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Rockville? Share your experiences!