“Staff went way above and beyond to take care of us” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2 & Earn a Reward
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sykesville, Maryland
“Staff went way above and beyond to take care of us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Horrible snowstorm gridlock in the DC metro area and I couldn't get home from work. I found a room at this Best Western after 3 hours of metro and traffic trauma. The day manager and staff stayed, missing their own chance to make it home, worked to find space for all the stranded travelers who showed up, ordered in pizza and salad (gratis) so the stranded would have something to eat, and we woke to find the parking lot plowed and our cars dug out and scraped off by the shuttle van driver, who stayed up all night making sure our cars didn't get buried. There was a free hot breakfast buffet in the AM. I've never seen hotel staff knock themselves out like that to make sure we were all warm, safe, and fed. Yeah, it's not a luxury hotel, but it's also not priced like one. It's a good value and sometimes the staff is more important than the thread count of the sheets.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m constantly amazed how our team always goes above and beyond the call of duty to serve our guests. One can plan for a snow storm, but there are always unknown factors that make every winter emergency different. I’m glad we could make your unplanned stay a relaxing experience. Your notes have been passed on to the team members to be sure they are recognized for all their hard work.

Ron Wallach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Rockville, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

Watch video of the room I stayed in here..
www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzrrXZFWqbQ

Was impressed by the pictures of the Executive Suite on their website. The lobby is very nice and I thought I was checking into a nice hotel. When I got to the room I could not believe how much the room actually differed. No one likes being mislead, and as you can see from the pictures and the video, I was. The restaurant was not open at all. Front desk was pleasant and professional. The mattress is decent, not great. The pillows are small and lumpy. It does have the room that most suites have. The heating system is in the ceiling and is very loud, imagine an exhaust fan in a bathroom, thats how loud it is. The sprinkler system pipes are visible and they make the room feel a little industrial. The HD tvs are nice, however they have lowgrade cable running to them! Should be 1080 looks like 180! No exaggeration, it really is a bad picture, reminds me of my grandparents old Antenna. I wish it was maybe I could go up on the roof and turn it. lol
Have yet to eat the breakfast that they claim as "deluxe continental" I can only imagine that it will not be good. I have looked up a back up breakfast spot and will bring my car keys, not very optimistic about it being as advertised either.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 26, 2011
EasyTraveler007 - Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed our lobby. We have made even more enhancements since your trip here, including original art work by Dave Murphy, a very talented Irish artist. As for our TV channels we’re proud to have a wide selection of channels – 64 channels, including 16 premium. We were pleased to learn how much you enjoyed our brand new 42” TVs. I have to agree with you, TVs that nice deserve HD channels. That’s why we are adding 16 HD channels, including premium channels. The video of our suite you posted is very similar to the imagines on our website. I’m sorry you chose to judge our breakfast before trying it – it’s one of our most beloved amenities of our frequent guests. As noted on the many other Trip Advisor feedback blogs, it’s clear that it’s a real hit. I’m not sure where you read we only offer a “deluxe continental” breakfast or that we are a 5 star hotel, as we offer a hot Full American Buffet and are a strong three star hotel, offering a great value and, as you noted, a superior location. While this is not on our website, please let me know where you read this, and we will see it’s corrected. On a personnel note, I love your handle… I’m a huge 007 fan… I even have a model of a Vanquish on my desk. Ron
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

We have only the most positive things to say about this Best Western. The staff were most hospitable. Location was perfect. The hotel was clean as was our room. The breakfast was well displayed and prepared and instead of plastic plates and silverware we were availed of regular dishes and stainless steel silverware. The staff in the breakfast room were most attentive as were the rest of staff. We would stay there again and look forward to it.

We had stayed there before with a friend and went back becasue we were so impressed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay! Please do tell your family and friends about your experience with us. Word of mouth is one of our best friends as we have so many people come visit with us based on recommendations of loved ones. Next time you plan to come to town – ask about our Newseum package. You can save on tickets to a wonder museum … plus we offer complimentary shuttle to the metro to help get you there. Ron
Flemington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We stayed here for a night on our way from NJ to NC and again on the way back.
There were good things, and things not as good. Nothing was bad. W were traveling as 2 adults and 3 little kids (under age 10). We did not pay a luxury price and were not expecting a luxury hotel. Just one that was clean and safe and included a decent breakfast.

Good:
1. Very , very convenient to I-270.
2. Large restaurant room for the very diverse breakfast with lots of tables - no milling around waiting for a tiny table to free up. Tables and area was very well serviced - no dirty dishes left around.
3. Rooms and hotel itself was clean and attractive.
4. Staff was very efficient and professional.
5. WiFi worked and was straightforward to connect to.

Not-as-good:
1. Nearest restaurants are a way down the road. Nothing within walking distance. However, there were 10 restaurants and a grocery store all in the same shopping center once you got there.
2. The steam tables (sterno kind) did not really keep the hot food as hot as I would have liked. Warm but not hot.
3. There were broken tiles in our bathroom that snagged and tore a shirt. They could do a little better at fixing that kind of thing.
4. Even though the hotel was not very full and most of the rooms were non-smoking, they put my family in a smoking room. I had to asked to be moved because the smell was pretty bad. They were very accommodating with the move but I think they should have offered me a choice when I checked in since they had many non-smoking rooms available.
5. $20 for a rollaway bed is not what I would call "nominal". At least not on an $95 room.
But, $95 for a room that sleeps 5 in DC is pretty good.

Other notes:
If you have 3 kids in one room, get the rollaway - the sofabed is not very big.
There are 2 TVs and lots of room for a family of 5 in our room so was a good choice for us.
The first morning, the water for the shower was not very hot. The second stay it was fine. Not sure what to think about that.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We take all guest concerns seriously. As a matter of fact we have gotten feedback before about our smoking rooms being a challenge...and we listened to our guests. As of 01/01/2011, our hotel is 100% smoke-free, so that will not be an issue on your next trip. I’m sorry the breakfast could have been hotter, I will look into that. As you can see we get many rave reviews on our complimentary full American breakfast. I’m so sorry you caught us on a bad day; there is no excuse for that. While we don’t have dining within walking distance, as you mentioned, we do have many dining options just a short ride from the hotel – we even have a free shuttle to get there. Ron Wallach.
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

Had the big suite for a couple of days with the family. Staff was friendly, breakfast was to die for - skipped lunch (but jr. did not) hehehe and got a complimentary late check out with no fuss. Shuttle service was a little slow but traffic is a little bad at rush hour. Will come back again when visiting DC in the Spring! Many thanks to you Negash and your awesome team!

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 31, 2010
We never get tired of hearing positive feedback about our hotel. We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. By the way, the shuttle that you pointed out as one of our beloved benefits, also gives complimentary transportation to three shopping areas that offer many dinner options from fast food to fine dining – and everything in-between. We look forward to your next trip to the Washington DC metro area. Have a great New Year!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Anytime that we are in the DC area, we stay at the Best Western - Rockville. The rooms are nice, with super comfortable beds. The staff is wonderful and helpful in all ways. There is a great free breakfast, with eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, potatoes and all of the other foods you would expect. We like the free shuttle service to the Metro station, and shopping areas. The hotel is conveniently located near great restaurants, shopping, and hospitals.
All in all, we are grateful that we found this fantastic hotel & will continue to come back time and time again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Staff was very welcoming and helpful. The things I liked about the hotel is the van service to the train station and the breakfast is more than I expected to be. This is not your average best western hotel. Very clean and comfortable beds . I will definitely return to this hotel
when I am in the area. No restaurant in the hotel for dinner so ,plan a head.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!