Staying for 3 nights with an 18 month old in a pack and play (am at the hotel now).
Highlights: able to get an excellent discounted rate on the website; breakfast spread was great as many reviewers noted, location is very convenient with a vehicle; convenient and excellent eating opportunities nearby if you have a vehicle; room has large mini fridge and microwave (1970's crank dial microwave, but it works....); request for a pack and play (made ahead of time) quickly honored and item delivered within 5 minutes of occupying room
Lowlights: room needed better dusting; shower head had some unspeakably gross scuzz growing on it; front desk did not answer two separate times when I called down; phone connection very static-y; and when I finally walked down to the front desk to request some assistance for a problem with the TV the reply was, "I don't have a maintenance guy tonight for some reason, they just... [some story]... there's nothing I can do to help you, sorry." I offered the resolution of inquiring tomorrow during regular hours- but that was not given to me after the part about "there's nothing I can do..."; tourbus of guests meant an elevator line that went through the lobby to the front door (I wandered my way through the back hallways to find a staircase).
So overall, in a world of ridiculously overpriced hotels in the DC metro area, this one stands out as a great value, in large part because of the discounted rate ($65/night for Sun-Weds) and the nice breakfast spread. I would stay here again since none of the issues I brought up are dealbreakers by a long shot. That being said, many of the reviews make this place sound like a four-star hotel, and that it is not.
Great Thai food about a mile away at http://www.thaifarmrestaurant.com/index.html- need a car though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the greater Washington DC area, stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. With 164 non-smoking guest rooms and suites, FREE parking, FREE breakfast and FREE Wi-Fi, you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal. Our prime location is convenient for work and play in Rockville Maryland and is just 12 miles north of the greater Washington DC area and directly off I-270 also known as Maryland's Technology Corridor. Our hotel is near historical sites, lovely parks, major corporations, government agencies and family attractions. Family, business, kid and pet friendly accommodations to suit your needs for a comfortable and relaxing stay... Traveling with an RV - no worries - bring it and park for the night or the weekend, there is plenty of space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel Rockville
- Best Western Rockville Hotel
- Rockville Best Western