Staying for 3 nights with an 18 month old in a pack and play (am at the hotel now).
Highlights: able to get an excellent discounted rate on the website; breakfast spread was great as many reviewers noted, location is very convenient with a vehicle; convenient and excellent eating opportunities nearby if you have a vehicle; room has large mini fridge and microwave (1970's crank dial microwave, but it works....); request for a pack and play (made ahead of time) quickly honored and item delivered within 5 minutes of occupying room
Lowlights: room needed better dusting; shower head had some unspeakably gross scuzz growing on it; front desk did not answer two separate times when I called down; phone connection very static-y; and when I finally walked down to the front desk to request some assistance for a problem with the TV the reply was, "I don't have a maintenance guy tonight for some reason, they just... [some story]... there's nothing I can do to help you, sorry." I offered the resolution of inquiring tomorrow during regular hours- but that was not given to me after the part about "there's nothing I can do..."; tourbus of guests meant an elevator line that went through the lobby to the front door (I wandered my way through the back hallways to find a staircase).
So overall, in a world of ridiculously overpriced hotels in the DC metro area, this one stands out as a great value, in large part because of the discounted rate ($65/night for Sun-Weds) and the nice breakfast spread. I would stay here again since none of the issues I brought up are dealbreakers by a long shot. That being said, many of the reviews make this place sound like a four-star hotel, and that it is not.
Great Thai food about a mile away at http://www.thaifarmrestaurant.com/index.html- need a car though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the greater Washington DC area, stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. With 164 non-smoking guest rooms and suites, our hotel welcomes you with gracious accommodations, fabulous amenities and a delicious hot breakfast daily. Our prime location is convenient for work and play in Rockville Maryland and is just 12 miles north of the greater Washington DC area, directly off I-270 also known as Maryland's Technology Corridor. Our hotel is near historical sites, lovely parks, major corporations, government agencies and family attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel Rockville
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Rockville Hotel
- Rockville Best Western