“Will return to this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Will return to this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our second stay at this hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Front desk staff always helpful, breakfast was quite satisfactory, albeit a bit boring after the first few days since the fare never chaged. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Korean first
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

To begin, the hotel itself, as it is well described on your site, is very good. The reason I gave it five stars is that their staff is totally committed to customer service, something I find so lacking these days, even in five star hotels. I decided on a very last minute trip to Washington DC and pretty much everything was either unavailable or super high priced. I located and emailed six properties I liked that were unavailable and two replied, one to confirm they had no availability and the Best Western Rockville to say they would try to accommodate me. I corresponded with the hotel manager Ermias by email over the next couple of days, never waiting more than a half hour for a reply that succinctly answered all of my questions, something that I also find rare these days. When I arrived and checked in, the desk manager Riccardo spent nearly an half hour giving me the lay of the land, including discount coupons to what turned out to the best restaurant in Rockville, The American Tap Room. I spent eight nights there and everyone, regardless of position, was as friendly and helpful as could be.

I had an Executive King Suite at the end of the corridor on the top floor, very quiet and everything was in working order. It had a large bedroom with a comfortable king bed, TV and window, connecting to an even larger living room with a convertible couch, desk, TV, small fridge (no freezer), microwave and window. Amenities included free parking, free wifi, very good free continental breakfast (scrambled eggs, roast potatoes, sausage, bacon, waffles, cereal, mini-muffins, toast, juice, coffee) and free shuttle around town and to the Metro.

The Metro ride to Washington was 30 to 40 minutes during the week, longer on the weekend as they run fewer trains off-peak, which was fine for me to return some early morning emails and review my daily itinerary since most Washington attractions do not open before 10 am. Two or three early mornings can be used to see the monuments and visit kiosks to gather timed tickets if you’ve not reserved them on the internet (Bureau of Engraving and Printing, Holocaust Museum, Washington Monument, Ford Theatre) before the museums open. Beyond Washington, a visit to the second Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, just below Dulles, is well worth the day.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Comfortable rooms, helpful & friendly reception staff. Terrible (fast) food options at night, fine complementary breakfast. Easy to get to Washington DC by metro. Free shuttle bus to the Rockville metro station. Location of the hotel is nice. Nice to walk to Rockville

Stayed April 2015
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We arrived and stayed in room 200. The room was filthy dirty -- large stains on the all the carpets, smelling horrible, etc. We asked if there were other rooms available and were told that the hotel was full and we had no option.

We then tried to watch television and the reception was so poor that many channels weren't even viewable! We called the front desk again and they sent the engineer, he was nice, but just shrugged his shoulders and said, yes, the hotel has an old analog TV system and the result is that the reception is bad. How in 2015 can you not have digital TV service? Don't advertise that you have HD TVs and proper TV service if the channels don't even come in!

We then tried to go to bed, but the pillows were horrible - much smaller than a standard-sized pillow and not even made of normal pillow material -- instead, they were filled with broken up pieces of stuffing, not solid real pillows at all! We asked for some real pillows and were told that there are none, that this is all the hotel has.

Then, when we went to bed, we were FREEZING, the temperature outside was in the low 40s and our room was so very cold that we could not sleep. We tried to turn on the heat, but NOTHING. We called the front desk again, and were told that there was no heat -- it had been turned off for the season. We had to get extra blankets from the front desk and froze for the first three nights we were there without sleeping well.

Then we experienced the housekeeping service -- for three days they didn't vacuum the room once or replace any amenities! I had to AGAIN speak to the front desk and ask for our room to be vacuumed and for amenities to be placed in the room.

The hotel was so horrible, that we tried to find another hotel in the area to move, but all were unfortunately full.

We spent 11 nights in your hotel dealing with the horrible situation and spent a fortune there.

Then on the last day we asked for a slightly late check out... "NO!" we were rudely told by one of the ladies at the front desk. "If you don't vacate your room within 15 minutes we are going to charge you another full day" we were told. I absolutely could not believe the rudeness, especially after we had spent 11 days there, that we could not be given an extra hour before checking out.

I have to say, this was one of the WORST hotel stays that I have ever stayed in. Everyone should know what a dump this hotel is and how the hotel does not care about its guests. It was just the absolute worst experience. I will also be filing a complaint directly with Best Western so that they are aware that your hotel does not meet their standard of service or quality.

Avoid this hotel at all costs!

Room Tip: Don't book at this hotel... find another one in the area.
Green Features: They save electricity by not vacuuming the rooms and not having the heat turned on... horrible.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Firestone Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had a one night stay in Rockville and was pleased with my stay at the Best Western Plus. It is a older hotel and showing it's age but you can tell the staff and management have done everything they can to keep it clean and in good working order. I was on the top floor and the AC unit was noisy and didn't keep the room as cool as I would have liked. The room door handle opened up which was just a known issue to the staff but for some reason they don't feel the need to do it right which is an easy task so is I guess just a pet peeve with me. The bed was old and uncomfortable. I usually stay with a Hilton brand hotel so this was less quality than I am used to, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Eastpointe, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed at this location May 14th-17th. The location of the hotel was perfect, right off the freeway! The hotel itself wasn't bad or great, is was ok. It was clean, the rooms were a good size, but customer service was limited. I never stayed at a hotel were the employees didn't know anything about the area, never-the-less thank God for GPS and the Internet (which was free!) Free WiFi is always a plus in my book and with that I would stay at this location again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We recently stayed in this hotel for a youth sports tournament. We were traveling with a group, and had reserved a room for 2 nights. When we arrived late Saturday evening, I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly we were checked in and the quality of the room. The lobby was also big and comfortable enough to sit and visit in. My only concern about the room was the loud fan on the air conditioner, but it was a minor distraction at best. The breakfast was also really good. There was plenty of food and everything was fresh.

My concerns began when I read the sign at the front desk about the 25% extra "hold" they placed on my debit card to cover if we stole or broke anything in the room. I'm not sure what kind of clientele they are used to, but we've stayed at several other hotel chains locally and NEVER had anyone preemptively charge me for stealing or breaking something in the room. They also charge $1.50 for use of the in room safe, which they will remove if you ask upon checkout. They do tell you about these charges up front, when you check in, but I still think its crazy to charge me for something that I didn't do or use.

I was also disappointed when we asked the front desk about the option of a late checkout at 1pm, instead of the usual 12pm. We were unsure of our game schedule at that point, and would possibly not need the room for the second night. We we told that this option was impossible because the housekeeping staff couldn't possibly wait until 1pm to begin cleaning our rooms. The staff seemed unconcerned and completely unmotivated to help us find a solution. When we asked to speak to a manager, we were told that they don't have a manager on duty over the weekend. We ended up staying, and we were back at the hotel for a couple of hours in the afternoon. As of 2pm, our room had not been cleaned, so I'm not sure what the front desk meant when they said housekeeping couldn't wait until 1pm to clean.

Between the the extra charges for things I didn't do/use, and the lack of cooperation on behalf of the front desk staff, I wont likely return to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for taking a moment to post your review. I am sorry that you had a less than adequate experience with a staff member. We take pride in our training and will look into the possible causes for your experience as described. and can assure you that your next visit will be much better. Thanks again and we look forward to another opportunity to serve you and your family.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!