We arrived and stayed in room 200. The room was filthy dirty -- large stains on the all the carpets, smelling horrible, etc. We asked if there were other rooms available and were told that the hotel was full and we had no option.
We then tried to watch television and the reception was so poor that many channels weren't even viewable! We called the front desk again and they sent the engineer, he was nice, but just shrugged his shoulders and said, yes, the hotel has an old analog TV system and the result is that the reception is bad. How in 2015 can you not have digital TV service? Don't advertise that you have HD TVs and proper TV service if the channels don't even come in!
We then tried to go to bed, but the pillows were horrible - much smaller than a standard-sized pillow and not even made of normal pillow material -- instead, they were filled with broken up pieces of stuffing, not solid real pillows at all! We asked for some real pillows and were told that there are none, that this is all the hotel has.
Then, when we went to bed, we were FREEZING, the temperature outside was in the low 40s and our room was so very cold that we could not sleep. We tried to turn on the heat, but NOTHING. We called the front desk again, and were told that there was no heat -- it had been turned off for the season. We had to get extra blankets from the front desk and froze for the first three nights we were there without sleeping well.
Then we experienced the housekeeping service -- for three days they didn't vacuum the room once or replace any amenities! I had to AGAIN speak to the front desk and ask for our room to be vacuumed and for amenities to be placed in the room.
The hotel was so horrible, that we tried to find another hotel in the area to move, but all were unfortunately full.
We spent 11 nights in your hotel dealing with the horrible situation and spent a fortune there.
Then on the last day we asked for a slightly late check out... "NO!" we were rudely told by one of the ladies at the front desk. "If you don't vacate your room within 15 minutes we are going to charge you another full day" we were told. I absolutely could not believe the rudeness, especially after we had spent 11 days there, that we could not be given an extra hour before checking out.
I have to say, this was one of the WORST hotel stays that I have ever stayed in. Everyone should know what a dump this hotel is and how the hotel does not care about its guests. It was just the absolute worst experience. I will also be filing a complaint directly with Best Western so that they are aware that your hotel does not meet their standard of service or quality.
Avoid this hotel at all costs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the greater Washington DC area, stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. With 164 non-smoking guest rooms and suites, our hotel welcomes you with gracious accommodations, fabulous amenities and a delicious hot breakfast daily. Our prime location is convenient for work and play in Rockville Maryland and is just 12 miles north of the greater Washington DC area, directly off I-270 also known as Maryland's Technology Corridor. Our hotel is near historical sites, lovely parks, major corporations, government agencies and family attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel Rockville
- Best Western Rockville Hotel
- Rockville Best Western