“Great value, but limit your expectations.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC
“Great value, but limit your expectations.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stay here often for a day or two, well over a dozen times a year. I am a Diamond card Best Western blah blah -- they couldn't care less. No upgrades (from a double to a king when my husband decided to join me for one of the nights), not even to move to a room where everything worked properly, since the only available rooms were also "upgrades" I hadn't paid for. I'm not an entitled cretin, but really, you couldn't give me a decent bed with a working TV when the hotel had an empty parking lot (aka almost no guests)? So, from a customer service standpoint, terrible. So, why do I come back? Because it's a lot -- LOT -- cheaper than the other hotels around. Now, I don't bother booking through Best Western, because, as I said, they don't care -- so I now use hotels.com which at least gives points and actually gives me a King bed for the same price as the double beds lol! And I don't put water in the refrigerator anymore because they always freeze and explode -- 4 different rooms, same problem without being able to fix the setting!! -- and I bring my own pillow because theirs are very lumpy foam that smell bizarrely weird, but I like the free wifi, HBO works most of the time, the shuttle to the metro can be handy if the timing works out, and parking is free and although I don't eat their breakfasts, they are not bad for a free buffet. I try to remember to skip it in the Spring and Fall if there's a heat wave, because they won't put the A/C on, even if it's been 75-90 every day for weeks, until mid-May, and on a higher floor the sweltering heat will kill you. So, yes, every time I look to see if someone, somewhere, can come close to the price so I can stay there instead...and almost always end up here, because, it's OK and you can't beat the price.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Korean first
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was the nicest BW property we've ever stayed at. Beautiful spacious lobby, very large, well-appointed room with comfortable king bed, desk with chair and very large arm chair with hassock. Large clean bathroom had great shower. Staff was friendly, courteous, and helpful. Shuttle to Metro available hourly. Breakfast fine; could have used more variety, but perfectly acceptable.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Best Western Plus is a good value for the money. The room was clean and the breakfast provided excellent. I found the bathroom to be a bit small to get around in. The front desk staff was helpful when needed. The reservation person accommodated my request for a quiet room. There was some mold in the caulking in the bathtub but that's not something that be be easily remedied without recaulking the tub. The hotel is easy to access off route 270 and is within reasonable driving distance from Baltimore, DC and Annapolis.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to provide an objective and sound review of our property. I am sure that it will go a long way in helping potential visitors realize the value in our offerings.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Noisy if you are placed next to giant A/C, tired/old/not really kept up, hot breakfast but low quality, mattresses never turned so must be old and are therefore slanting towards where everyone sits down so had a terrible sleep.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hmmmm - really interesting review.... but it sounds like they're writing about an entirely different property; competitors are sneaky at times! Tisk tisk.
harper woods, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent experience, great service great location wonderful bed, Would stay here again and would recommend Best Western Plus all over the world. Don't need a fancy hotel when a reasonably priced hotel gives you the same value.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much! I couldn't have put it better myself and we look forward to your return visit.
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed on a short road trip to Washing DC, conveniently located with access to the highway, the room was spacious & bright, we arrived just prior to the check in and checked in without any issues, we had species that we wanted then room to be further from the elevator but were given a room right next to it on asking we were advised that this was what the system generated due to our online booking (??) and nothing else was available, we conceded and settled for it, the buffet breakfast was plentiful and the staff was helpful, plus points are location and spacious rooms, the downside would be the dated air-conditioning and a inflexibility to accommodate

overall a quiet place to stay if you're looked for a place to crash and are not looking for much TLC

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your helpful feedback, we'll look into the unaccommodating situation as that is not our methods - normally. There are a few times during the year when the hotel is really full especially summer but we always try to be accommodating. Hope to see you soon...
delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I decided to take my kids ( ages 10 $13) to DC to see the sights..hotels in any condition near the national mall were ridiculous in price. I found this online for $129 ( before tax/fees) a night , about 13 miles from the national mall and a ten min drive to the metro. Here is the perk there is a free shuttle that takes you to the metro ( metro is costly ..best to buy an unlimited day or week pass )...shuttle runs until 9:30pm and when u are ten minutes out from the metro stop near the hotel they tell you to call and they come get you. NO waiting around for a shuttle that comes on the hour every hour!!! We saw the shuttle pull up as we exited the metro and walked right over to it. When I asked our driver about local
Places to eat he even offered to drop us at the Rockville town center so we could pick a restaurant and shop , he said we could just call him and he would come back and get us ( for free!)! There is a restaurant at the hotel but we chose to go a mile down the road where there were about 5 places to eat and a grocery store / pharmacy. Easy to get to, lots of parking , relatively nice ( pillows uncomfortable to my taste, but clean) ... Will definitely recommend to others for a cheap stay if you just want clean and comfy... Oh and a great free continental breakfast with eggs, meat, waffles , fruit, muffins, etc.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this review, I am sure that it will be helpful to displace those reviewer comments that say "drove for hours to find a restaurant" or that there is nothing nearby... See you soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!