“Why me?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Why me?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

I am a huge fan of the Best Western Franchise hotels. This one was a disappointment.

We checked in late and tired. Our room seemed ok when we got into it but the very loud HVAC units on the roof of the building below our room 569 woke us up frequently during the night.

Breakfast was below average for a Best Western.

I will stay with Best Western again, just not in Rockville.

Stayed December 2014
BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your interesting review. Our building has 7 floors which means that if the air conditioner noise on the "roof" bothered you, your room would have been on the seventh floor not the fifth floor as indicated. Our breakfast routinely gets great remarks and accolades due to the extensive nature of the offerings. That said, I believe that this review must have been of another hotel - - - we welcome the opportunity to have you stay at our hotel to compare the difference. Thank you and please stay at our hotel on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a nice hotel near Rockville. The rooms are clean, room service is excellent, and breakfast is nice. Internet works great. The hotel is a bit outside the town but it is 2miles away from Rockville center and close to the highway.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your kind and informative review. We look forward to your return visit!
Silver Spring, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've stayed here 2 times- mainly because of convenience. But I thought the place presented well- clean, nice staff and the room comfortable. I liked having a microwave and a mini fridge in the room. However, it was cold in the room, and setting the heat up higher did not seem to do any good. There was also no heat lamp in the bathroom; and little to no hot water when turning on the faucets in the morning. The room was spacious and adequate in every other way. I will continue to come back to this hotel, but I do hope they crank up the heat for the cold winter months, and it would be lovely if they could switch up the breakfast buffet every morning, instead of exactly the same food morning after morning.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we understand that there are many options and you choice is a vote of confidence. We look forward to your return visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I checked in to the hotel on a Wednesday night and everything was very nice. This morning while working on my computer my neighbors started with some music and conversation that was a little on the noisy side. i spoke with Tside who was very nice and immediately handled the situation. She told me to come to the front desk if it happens again. About an hour later they started to get loud again. I went down to the front desk and spoke with Effie. Again, very nice and friendly, she immediately assigned me another room on a different floor and this room was nicer than the first. I would recommend this hotel because of the nice rooms and very service friendly staff.
Thanks,
Tim

P.S. The breakfast was pretty good too.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Tim, we always do our best to satisfy our guests and look forward to your next visit!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was back in the DC area visiting family over Thanksgiving and remembered this hotel from my days living in the area. It was close to family, so made sense. The rooms are comfortable, the location is handy for highway or metro access and the staff is friendly and efficient. The free breakfast was suitable, and most would really like it. Hot foods even....not the cold cheap danish/bagel fare here.

Room Tip: All the rooms would be fine. We were even on the highway side, which would usually bother me, but e...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for providing a thorough review for future guests. Not everyone - surprisingly - knows we offer a huge buffet with hot items such as bacon, sausage, eggs and potatoes. Our hotel's restaurant (closed on Sundays) is now offering hot soup as well. We look forward to your return visit!
Mendon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a wonderful hotel for families and couples. We find it very comfortable and convenient for our trips to Rockville. Easy access from 270. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The beds are comfortable and we loved the bedding.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you! We look forward to your return visit next time you head this way.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I recently stayed 8 days in the Best Western Rockville Hotel & Suites. I had a deluxe king room.
I choose this room for three reasons.
1) It was cheaper than the Hilton where others in our group were staying.
2) They offered a free buffet breakfast every day (& it wasn't bad!)
3) Since I had a rental car, plenty of free parking!

There are a lot of positive things I can say about this hotel. The staff were all friendly & helpful.
The hotel lobby, common areas & rooms were all clean. The hotel is one block off the highway, which makes it easy to get anywhere, whether south to Washington DC, or north towards Baltimore.
There is a gas station right across the street.

If you like hotels where you can walk to restaurants, or shopping, this isn't the place for you... You will need to have a car, or take a taxi to get anywhere. They do have a hotel van, that will take you to / from the Rockville train station.

I like to work out on trips, & this hotel does have a fitness center. While it is small, it does have one of each of the most popular cardio machines (Elliptical, Treadmill, Stepper, etc...) There are also some free weights.

The hotel does have an outdoor pool. No comments on it as the temperature never got above 40 degrees during my stay.

Would I stay here again? The answer is YES! The rooms are comfortable, the hotel is in a quiet area, & the staff could not be nicer.

For your techies - This hotel had the best wi-fi signal I've seen in a long time. & no limits to the number of devices you can link to it! I had 2 iPhones, 2 iPads & a laptop. & the speed was great!

Room Tip: I think any room here would be OK, no specific recommendation.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your generous and thoughtful review based on your experiences. We also appreciate reviews that are detailed - and include exact situations such as those you outlined on your devices. We look forward to your return visit. Have safe travels and a joyous holiday season.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!