“FIne for a Night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“FIne for a Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was a convenient place to stay to get to Metro to go into DC for a training. Room was not the cleanest. And neither was the restaurant. But nothing we couldn't handle. Also, air would not work. Didn't report either as we didn't have the time or energy to deal with it but I think these things should be checked by staff more often. Especially the cleanliness.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Overall good hotel, with good location, free breakfast, and free wifi. Unfortunately, room I was staying in, the bed had bedbugs. I would hope that this is brought to the attention of management and fixed, otherwise this hotel is a good value.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was very disappointed with my stay at this hotel.
To start off the receptionist did not want to honor the online price unless I book the Hotel from Hotels.com which was not much of a problem because I was able to do it easily and save a bunch.
I booked a 2 night stay at this hotel while on a road trip from Florida to Washington DC with. The Hotel seemed decent and comfy, quiet, and the neighborhood seemed fine (was so wrong). It was minutes away from Washington DC and some pretty nice shopping centers. Now comes the "good" part.
The hotel claims to be a 100% smoke free environment. and I have booked obviously a "Smoke Free" room. The receptionist made sure it was clear that the hotel is Smoke Free and signs were posted every where indicating that if a guest was found to be smoking in the room they will be charged a $300 fee for damages.
When going into the room I was super cold, mind you the Snow Storm Jonas had just left up to the north east a couple of days after I arrived in DC. I cranked up the heat and it barley did a thing to keep things warm. I didn't make a big deal because it's easier to stay warm than it is to keep cool. As I sat in the room getting comfy and ready to go to bed I noticed a faint smell of cigarettes creeping into the room. It was coming from a vent in the bathroom. Since it wasn't that much of a smell I just let it slide.
When it was about to be night 2 the smell started to get worse so I decided to give the receptionist a call regarding the smell letting her know that the cigarette smell was creeping in. I clearly stated to her that I have asthma and do not want to be blamed for the smell and be charged $300. She just apologizes and said she would have her security investigate where the smell was coming from. She never insisted that she would change my room. I let it slide for the night.
I was tossing and turning all night because the smell of cigarette and finally woke 4am in the morning by noise from the next door quests and the most suffocating smell of cigarettes in my room! I was agitated and called the receptionist again. I spoke to her as calm as I could because I did not want to cause any problems. Once she heard me mention the room number she gave me attitude...
"Oh, you ALREADY called about your room smelling like cigarettes and you saying to not blame you?"
I acknowledged that I have called and told her that it is only getting worse.
She responded with...
"What do YOU want me to do then? You are going to check out at 12pm you want another room? We said we were going to investigate. YOU should've said something then"
I told her I would have accepted the room change if I was given the option last night. I was so upset that I told the receptionist I was let her know if I wanted to change. I didn't want to bother gathering my things as I was too tired and had a long day of driving back to Florida.
Upon leaving the room to get my breakfast I was approached by one of the guests on my floor getting in my face wanting to know if it was me complaining about noise. I was followed and watched the entire time I tried to eat my breakfast. I never felt to victimized by the not so helpful staff and by the creepy people staying in this hotel.
This is NOT the place for a single women or anyone for that matter. This place needs to be shut down.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled solo
1 Thank Gueysh A
San Marino
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here for about one month while our son was in the hospital at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. NIH is about 3-4 metro stops away & the hotel has a shuttle to take & pick you up from the metro. They will also take you to 3 shopping centers - one with my favorite Guapo's Mexican restaurant. Staying this long we really got to know the staff & they were very friendly & sympathetic to our son being ill. Every morning we had the best breakfast of any hotel - real scrambled eggs (not powdered) fried potatoes with green & red pepper & onions, sausage links, bacon, muffins, toast, yogurt, fresh fruit, waffles, coffee & tea. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were a little bulky. The room was very quiet the whole time. If you are going to NIH this is an excellent alternative to staying in expensive Bethesda. We would definitely stay here again. We stayed in 2014.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review, we appreciate the feedback as it helps others in making an informed decision about the hotels general aspects and our best features for the price. We look forward to your return visit and bid you safe travels.
upstate NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed there overnight, one week after the big blizzard. The hotel is easy to get to, right off of Rt. 270. It sits on a hill and is away from the traffic. I would think that one week after the blizzard that the parking lot would be completely plowed. It was not. Over the half the spots were not usable as they still had snow on them. With a big family party in the hotel, there were not enough spots for guests. Hire a plow!! The lobby is very nice. With the party going on ion the ballroom, there were younger kids running through the lobby and yelling. Not a good first impression. Our room was very nice, a standard king room. We were on the top floor (7th) and it was quiet. We were two doors down from the elevators and we did not hear it at all. The room was clean. The bathroom needs some sprucing up. The bottom of the frame on the bathroom mirror is peeling and needs to be replaced. The grout needs to be cleaned as well as the back of the door. There are a lot of ethnic restaurants within a mile or so of the hotel. We were looking for something easy and were able to find a Panera. The check-in was easy but the two young men behind the counter were busy with their own agendas. However, the young lady at the desk for check-out was very friendly. They had a nice assortment of food - both hotel and cold - for the free breakfast. However, the hot items were not hot and just so-so. Can't go wrong with cereal. The breakfast attendant was very nice. I would probably stay here again if I am in the area but it is too busy (traffic) for me. This is more of a business hotel.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for posting your review, we certainly wish the group's parents were a little more proactive with the children but our hands are tied on that one. Feedback such as yours helps us work on our weak spots. In any event, we appreciate the feedback as it helps others in making an informed decision. We look forward to your return visit.
Lutherville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife and I were recently in the Rockville area to attend a concert and we booked a non-smoking room at the Best Western Plus. We were very pleased with our accommodations: the room was large, our king bed was very comfortable, and we were able to regulate the heat in our room quite easily. I've always found it interesting to compare hotels/motels in terms of their showers. Some places have problems with hot water; others have somewhat weak showers so that you can't be sure if you have washed out all the shampoo from your hair. Our room had a strong hot shower that woke us right up just as it should. We loved the photographs that lined the corridors on our floor and we were very impressed by the wonderful variety of breakfast items available (bacon, sausage, eggs, yogurt, cereal, pastries, among others) as well as the size of the dining area. The whole hotel looked very well maintained and the staff were friendly and welcoming. And here's a great extra: the Best Western Rockville has a shuttle that will drop you off at the Rockville Metro stop - something to keep in mind if you're visiting the DC area. We'll definitely be staying here next time we're in Rockville.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and naming specific likes. This will help others in making an informed decision based on things travelers look for the most in choosing a hotel. We look forward to your return visit.
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great stay for the price and loved the free breakfast and internet. the location was very close to our family in Rockville Maryland. Rooms were very nice, bed was comfortable. The only thing was the fridge made a noise but nothing to bad.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we appreciate the feedback as it helps others in making an informed decision. We look forward to your return visit.