“Pleasantly surprised; a very nice place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Pleasantly surprised; a very nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was actually surprised at hoe nice this place was. It is as good as some of the upscale hotels near airports, and for a Best Western? Really good. The place looks new with very nice rooms and a decent breakfast with very friendly staff. I;d stay there again in a heartbeat.

Green Features: The usual "we won't change your sheets unless you really want us to" stuff.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Landrum, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Front desk service was outstanding. Fitness center excellent. Even a clean laundry room. The bed sheets were super comfortable (I wanted to take them home to sleep on). Breakfast bar has selection to fit everyone's needs. Will stay there again when visiting.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you! We hope you tell your friends as well - see you soon!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed here on a trip to Washington D.C. and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. This location has a free shuttle to the Metro station to take you into D.C. and they will come pick you up at any time if you call ahead. This option was incredibly useful during our stay and we would stay here again just for that convenience. I also really enjoyed the morning breakfast options, good food that was regularly refilled and available up until 10am when it closed. I have visited others hotels where this was not the case and you had to get there early to even have food available. I am very happy to say that Best Western made sure there was ample food for their guests. The staff at this location was very helpful and friendly. I can honestly say this was a great experience and I would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind review and we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return visit and having your friends stay as well. We love recommendations!
Cavan, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The accomadation was good.Room was nice , clean and the bed was very comfortable The staff at the reception desk were very nice and very helpful, most courteous. There was a shuttle bus provided at certain times back and forth to the local train station. This was a great service as it was free, thus saving the hassle of ordering a taxi and also the cost involved. The breakfast was not of superior quality,but was it was complimentry, while staying at the hotel. We stayed for three nights while touring Washington D C. The down side of our stay was the very ignorant and uncorperative man serving behind the bar cum restaurant, he was very cheeky when I returned my "sub" which was not what i ordered. I had however make do with it. I would recommend the hotel to fellow Irish people, wishing to tour the area, i would however recommend they dine elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and addressing the restaurant issue directly. We are continually training and our staff raises the bar on a consistent level however, this incident was clearly out of the norm. We will review the matter and provide additional support where ever it is necessary to ensure proper standards and service. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit.
Rockville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The representative that checked me in did not seem to be new or ignorant to the everyday operations of the hotel, so I can only surmise that he intentionally stuck me in a room that should clearly be one of the last to sell. We were not a late check in, and it was obviously not a sold out or even a busy night, as we later heard a discounted rate being offered to a walk in. I made a simple request on my reservation to not be placed near ice or vending machines, which any caring guest services representative could easily interpret as a desire to stay away from noisy equipment and areas. The room we were placed in was surrounded by every noise possible. We were on the first level above the roof area of the lower section of the building, where all manner of ventilation and constantly buzzing equipment was operating right outside of our window. Just outside our room door was a tile-floored area where the ice machine and elevators echoed. By the time we realized how noisy the room would be, we were already unloaded and tired from the road. We had no desire to pack up and move to another room. At check out, when asked how the room was, I mentioned the noise level, the representatives tone became accusatory, telling me I should have called down. Most other times I would have, but the timing of our day, and the distance we had travelled were just too much at the tail end of a week-long, multi-destination family vacation. Sometimes you just do not get a second chance to make a first impression. I feel that a well-trained hotel staff should know what their less desirable rooms are, and should make an effort to only place guests in such rooms as a last resort.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel, please take the time to visit us again as we are always and consistently well rated. Our staff always endeavors to make every guest feel welcomed and objective reviews placed by seasoned travelers and senior reviewers help potential guests make educated decisions on their choice of hotels. We welcome you to choose the Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites for your next stay.
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel location is very nice. Staffs are okay. I stayed here many times. They always gave me old room which I did not pay attention. The room was not the same like what they advertised on the website. This time, I asked the front desk guy gave me the same room like from your website. He said I have to pay extra $20 for deluxe room. I told him that $20 extra unless I wanted a deluxe room with sofa. The regular room king size bed or two queen beds are the same decoration as the deluxe room except a smaller room and no sofa. So, he told me that he only has a handicap room left for those type of room. I told him that I did not want a handicap room, I wanted a regular room. I knew he was lying to me. Finally, he gave me nice room match with the photos from the website. The air condition is very old style, they need to update. I was happy that they changed the soap, lotion, and shampoo to another brand name instead of their old Best Western Brand.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review however, I am at a loss as to what you are trying to warn visitors of prior to staying with us. A room was provided and upgrade rooms are sold as a premium room. More than likely, we were in a sold out situation where the only rooms left in the inventory (for the rate you are paying) are handicap accessible rooms. A handicap accessible room only means that there is a walk-in shower, door ways are wider, door knobs are handles and slightly lower and tables are somewhat lower. All our rooms are decorated the same, please come back soon and take a tour.
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our children live in the area and we needed an economical place that is clean and comfortable. The bonus is that they serve a delicious breakfast along with the deal. Overall....great place, great location, great amenities. Would highly recommend this Best Western when in the area.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return visit. If you wish to have a gathering at the hotel during one of your visits, please check with the sales office for ideas and assistance in planning.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!