“Great Place. Great Price.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Great Place. Great Price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Would definitely stay here if I am in the area again . Clean comfortable rooms. Breakfast was convenient and time saving. Hard to find any decent close by restaurants for dinner . Shuttle service to metro was helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Korean first
Leesburg, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

great staff, breakfast, rooms, amenities, shuttle to Metro. Everything is very spacious. They have computers available to use. Nice views from the rooms. A great staff to help you get around the area and Washington DC. They looked up when the movie theater had movies that were convenient to our schedule. Very quiet hotel!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Henderson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed here for two nights. The front desk people were very nice and helpful. This turned out to be a super nice hotel for the money. Everything appeared clean and pleasant. Our room had a king bed which was very comfortable and we slept well. The room was spacious including a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker.The location is quiet and close to several areas with plenty of choices for food. They offer a shuttle service to the Rockville Metro station. The breakfast area has plenty of room and offers many choices of breakfast food. It was better than most places I've stayed. We had a very good stay and would return if in the area again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your great review RoadKing8084 - hope you took advantage of you Harley Davidson points or reward offers. We love our HD visitors and at times we get 15 to 20 at a time due to proximity to DC and the rest of the scenic highways and off the beaten path roads that beckon all manner of motorcycle riders in the summer and of course, fall for the colors. We look forward to your return visit and until then, keep the bike tuned and ready... A.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel for three nights and enjoyed 99% of it. The 1% I didn't enjoy is not a big deal, but I'll mention it anyway: I didn't like the breakfast in the morning - there I said it. Perhaps it was because I came right when they were closing shop and options were sparse.

Otherwise, here's the good stuff. The room was super spacious. I had a king bed, and it had to be one of the most comfortable things I ever slept on. Sheets and pillow were soft, too. There are more than enough lamps in the room (maybe more than one needs) to get the "just right" feeling you desire. For me, with my sensitivity to light, this was perfect. Bathroom was nothing to rave about but the amenities were pretty stellar - shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, etc were great.

Staff was always gracious, all times of the day. I arrived from daily activities very late at night, and even when the lobby is deserted at 2:00 am, the front desk wears a smile and offers a genuine greeting.

Rockville Town Square is literally a minute or two away, and this hotel provides a shuttle service to and fro - don't know their operating hours.

I especially loved the easy, quick access to the I-270! So easy to get to where you need to go.

I'll stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Very close to the 270 highway and Rockville Town Square!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review, the breakfast is usually well stocked and fresh until we close. So perhaps your visit was during a refresh but can't be sure. Since breakfast is great 99.9% of the time, hopefully your return visit will be better in the breakfast category. Your detailed review will go a long way to assure those guests that are on the fence to give us a try. Thanks again and we look forward to your return visit!
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this property for several days in April of 2014. Helpful staff, very clean room. Hallways are wider than the norm, especially in front of the elevators, and super clean. Continental breakfast with the "breakfast entree" different each day---one day including bacon, one day including sausage.

There seemed to be many groups including students at the property, perhaps on spring school break trips to D.C. The wide hallways make it easy to navigate even if you encounter a group checking in or departing. Soundproofing seemed to be above the norm.

Quiet location just a bit off the exit. Plenty of parking.

Shuttle available to the Rockville station on the Metro line.

This is a good location outside of D.C. itself for a family wanting to visit D.C. on a budget. I was here on a business trip and wanted to try a new location. I see that there is an outdoor pool.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your great and detailed review. We are indeed just around the corner or over the highway from the exit on 270 - very convenient. Groups love us for their DC tours and sports tournaments - because, aside from the wide hallways we have lots of connecting rooms and sort of two wings due to the building's shape and elevator access. We look forward to your return visit and thank you for becoming a loyal guest. A.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have you seen the horror film “1408”? It was kind of like that. Well, minus the supernatural stuff. It’s not that I expected much from a cheap hotel, but this place DID get 4 star rating on tripadvisor – so, I was expecting something decent, at least. The story starts with the fact that we got there exhausted after moving out of our apartment that same day – just wanting somewhere to rest our weary heads for the night. Walking in, the lobby looks (and smells) like it was forgotten in the 80’s and there’s nobody to help you with you luggage – but who cares… we really just wanted to sleep. After a quick check-in, we go up to our room to discover a dark, shabby and cramped double-bed room – cheap-motel style. But the décor hardly bothered us – it was the horrible noise coming from the A/C that did it – it was like a cat got stuck in a cutlery drawer and was trying to free itself. I called the front desk and they kindly offered to upgrade us to a suite. Upon changing rooms – it all seemed much better. The suite was spacious, bright and updated with no weird noises to boot. We were quite pleased until my partner pointed out that something smelled funny in the bedroom. At first, it seemed like someone left old Chinese take-out under the bed, but soon we realized it’s coming from the shared vents. The stench that came flowing in was incredible. I’ve been to some very distant, poor, parts of the Far East and yet I’ve never smelled anything quite so foul. Like a combination of fermented tofu and rotten fish sauce. There were no other rooms available and we were so tired that we considered sleeping in the living room and opening the windows – but a wasp came right in, so we figured it’s a sign. At around 11 PM we finally fled. To be fair, the front desk receptionists were super nice all along and really did their best, and also gave us a full refund for the whole reservation – so at least the hotel has got that going for it. I, however, will never go near it again.

Room Tip: Stay in a room in a different hotel, that will help
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BWRockvilleMD, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, a visiting wasp at night might is kind of odd but it will surely make most people walk - if not - run away. Regardless, there is not much to say or comment about your extraordinary experience and can only apologize. Again, thank you and we can only wish you well in your travels. Best regards, Alex
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here two nights. As I arrived very early for checking, I accepted the offer of a wheelchair accessible room. Personally I might not do that again, although the only issue really was that such rooms do not have a lid on the toilet, and I found that tricky to avoid dropping anything down there accidentally. The bed was rather too soft and as I like only fruit for breakfast I had to peel an orange and add a sweet yogurt to it. I did not investigate the hot options. Room was quiet and I would give them full marks for hassle free wifi. Makes a very pleasant change. Used the shuttle service to the metro twice.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you Geoff for your honest review. You are an experienced traveler and have no doubt had the gamut of experiences with hotels. We appreciate the time you took to submit your review and look forward to your next visit when coming back to DC. With warm regards, Alex.

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!