Our hotel room was large enough to accommodate 4 people. The bathroom was in need of repair. The toilet seat didn't stay centered over the commode but instead slid over towards the counter. There was an audible dripping sound coming from the ceiling onto a trap door but no obvious signs of leakage. The faucet in the shower was stripped. In order to shower we had to push in and turn the knob, which immediately spun itself back to its starting point. It was also easy to hear sounds from the adjoining room. Definitely could use a fan in the bathroom to block these extraneous sounds.
The breakfast buffet was full of carbs and runny scrambled eggs. On both mornings that we ate at the buffet, they ran out of Apple juice, plates, coffee, cream and utensils. When we asked a kitchen staff member (who was adding to a 4 tier ceramic coffee mug arrangement) for more utensils, he said we would have to wait until he was done. When another guest asked for more plates (@8:30ish) he was also told that he had to wait (he was still stacking coffee mugs). This guest put his waffle onto a napkin and walked it over to his table since there were still no plates when his waffle was done. Tables in the dining room were covered in dirty dishes and syrup on both days we went there. As a result, we chose to eat in the lobby.
The lobby had several seating areas and there was a display of sightseeing brochures near the entrance. When we asked the front desk staff about taking the Metro, they informed us that the hotel offers shuttle service directly to and from the Rockville station.
We tried to use the hotel pool on a Monday morning but we're told that it was closed until 2:00. Honestly, we didn't even ask the reason for such a late opening in August. By that point we were pretty disappointed with the hotel overall and just wanted to leave. We're planning another D.C. trip this fall but will definitely find another hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the greater Washington DC area, stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. With 164 renovated guest rooms and suites, our hotel welcomes you with gracious accommodations, fabulous amenities and a delicious hot breakfast daily. Our prime location convenient to work and play in Rockville and is just 12 miles north of the greater DC area, directly off I-270. Our hotel is near historical sites, government agencies and family attractions and we are the first choice for your I-270 Technology Corridor Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel Rockville
- Best Western Rockville Hotel
- Rockville Best Western