“Just Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
HERMITAGE
“Just Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our hotel room was large enough to accommodate 4 people. The bathroom was in need of repair. The toilet seat didn't stay centered over the commode but instead slid over towards the counter. There was an audible dripping sound coming from the ceiling onto a trap door but no obvious signs of leakage. The faucet in the shower was stripped. In order to shower we had to push in and turn the knob, which immediately spun itself back to its starting point. It was also easy to hear sounds from the adjoining room. Definitely could use a fan in the bathroom to block these extraneous sounds.

The breakfast buffet was full of carbs and runny scrambled eggs. On both mornings that we ate at the buffet, they ran out of Apple juice, plates, coffee, cream and utensils. When we asked a kitchen staff member (who was adding to a 4 tier ceramic coffee mug arrangement) for more utensils, he said we would have to wait until he was done. When another guest asked for more plates (@8:30ish) he was also told that he had to wait (he was still stacking coffee mugs). This guest put his waffle onto a napkin and walked it over to his table since there were still no plates when his waffle was done. Tables in the dining room were covered in dirty dishes and syrup on both days we went there. As a result, we chose to eat in the lobby.

The lobby had several seating areas and there was a display of sightseeing brochures near the entrance. When we asked the front desk staff about taking the Metro, they informed us that the hotel offers shuttle service directly to and from the Rockville station.

We tried to use the hotel pool on a Monday morning but we're told that it was closed until 2:00. Honestly, we didn't even ask the reason for such a late opening in August. By that point we were pretty disappointed with the hotel overall and just wanted to leave. We're planning another D.C. trip this fall but will definitely find another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
To be frank… that was a painful review to read. Thank you for your honesty and taking the time to give us your feedback. It is painfully clear you did NOT receive the guest experience we strive to provide each and every guest that walks through our doors.

We are very proud of the fact that we are just finishing our upgrade to our lobby and our brand new elevators are in. That said, we will be continuing our refresh to our guests rooms by the end of the year. However, the items you mentioned are easy fixes and I don’t know how we could have missed them. Trust me that your comments are being taken to heart and based on your comments we will be reviewing every single guest room with a fine tooth comb over the next 72 hours.

Your comment that you will be returning to the area and will not be straying with us was very disheartening. Based on what you wrote I can fully understand your reasoning behind that decision. I would appreciate a chance to have you back and provide the service we are known for. If so, please contact me directly via this website so I may personally see to your reservations from start to finish. With so much to see in our region – I am glad you are returning to the area soon.

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Rockville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Location of this hotel is good, just outside Washington. However, for a BW Plus this is not ok. It needs some maintenance. When you're used to BW you expect a certain level and this one is below. Overall it's not bad, but just less what you expect. Breakfast was limited and not fresh. tables sticky and staff not friendly. Beds are ok but sheets are worn, carpet and seats have too many stains. Somehow we also good hear are neighbours very well via the ventilation system.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so glad you liked our location. We really do have the ideal location, so close to DC… and so easy to get to.

I am so very sorry we did not meet your expectations… let alone exceed them! As you can see from other reviews we have not provided you the great guest service we have become famous for… that keep our guests coming back again and again. We have a couple new team members in our restaurant. We will be following up on your comments – as we really do have a great team – and want to sure our entire staff is focused on keeping our guests happy. That includes team members that have been here a decade… or a month… and everything in-between.

Should you return to the area – please contact me directly via this website. I would truly like the opportunity to see your stay from start to finish – to be sure you get the service we are known for.

Great White North
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had to attend a reunion in the area and have to say that you do get good value for your money.

Interestingly enough, I found out that a couple of other friends had booked this hotel as well, so we ended up meeting up at breakfast for the few days we stayed.

The bonuses are:
- hot breakfast each morning --- I wish they had bacon on the week-ends. It seems it's a weekday only item, but really, this saves at least $10 per person for the hearty breakfast available.
- free wi-fi.
- comfy beds.
- close to the highway and for the most part, close to where I had to go. It's not that much more of a drive into Washington, DC and I might even consider staying here if ever.

If there is a knock, it would be that the property looks dated, but all things considered, it is something I could overlook.

I will come back if I ever have to be in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so glad you were able to stay with us during your reunion and that you enjoyed your stay. I have to agree the beds really are comfy! With our location right off I-270 we really are the gateway to Washington, DC.

I think the word hearty fits our free full American breakfast buffet – it’s one of the best in the area. I’m sorry you missed the bacon while you were here. Because many corporate travelers stay with us a week or longer, we rotate our breakfast meat (between bacon, link sausage, patty sausage and ham) to give our guests variety. You must have hit us on a non-bacon day. Sorry about that.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you stay four or more nights, the per night rate is very good for the area. The breakfast is average. There is little sound deadening in the room, so you hear everyone coming and going. The a/c, when it comes on is loud enough to wake a light sleep. The room was clean and the people were nice. We took the shuttle to the Metro to visit DC. It was just under $14 per person for the Metro each day. The shuttle was good, but not consistent. We had to call in the evening to see if it was coming. The doors of the shuttle were closed while at the hotel, so that when the driver came out, a crowd had gathered, allowing late comers to board before early arrivers. It made a difference if there were too many people. I'd recommend this hotel, overall.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I’m so glad to hear you found our hotel a good value. I have to agree with you, we are the ideal location for those that want a great rate and not give up service or amenities to save. It’s a smart move to purchase the Metro day pass. It’s a great way to see the city. Not only is it a good deal -- it makes using the metro a breeze. Add that with our free shuttle to the metro – makes for the perfect combination. During none rush hours our shuttle also run on request. I’m sorry you were not informed of that as there is even a card at the desk that we give to our guests with the driver’s cell so guests can call. We always pick up outside of the schedule whenever possible.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Quincy, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed 4 nights. Very clean hotel, nice staff, good breakfast, free parking, easy access to highways. We asked about places to eat and they gave us 3 different areas printed out with driving directions and a list of restaurants. One night we were so tired we went to the restaurant at 8:30PM and had very good service for salad, pizza, and a beer. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Coffee and tea always in the lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road might be noisier.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We get so many great comments about our great staff – it’s really hard to keep up. Thanks for noticing.

Those three different areas you are talking about are all less than 3 miles away from us. And with our free shuttle to each of those locations – it puts countless dining, shopping and entertainment opportunities just steps away. Also, I’m glad you enjoyed your dinner in our casual dining room, Callaway’s. I kid you not; we have the best pizza (made at the hotel) and most flavorful wings in town. It’s really a hidden secret

Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Really good value. Only complaint would be that the beds are not queen sized, as stated. They are full size, not queen.
Breakfast was good, and the shuttle service was wonderful. We stayed 2 nights and used the shuttle 4 times.
Hotel staff was extremely friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your kind words to the staff. We really do have a great team and it shows. I agree with you – our free shuttle is not only the best way to get into Washington, DC but also a great way to go to countless restaurants, shopping and dining options after a long day of work or play.

We are proud to have a variety of types of rooms including ones with two double beds or one king bed… along with two types of suites and accessible rooms for those that need them. We do not have rooms with two queen sized beds. Sometimes third party companies such as online booking companies, get our information wrong once in a great while. With so many hotels in their inventory, I applaud them for not getting more hotels mixed up. I’m so sorry for the error. We are diligent to catch these errors and have them corrected. Please take a moment and email via this site (or call me at the hotel) and let me know where you saw it listed that we have two queen sized beds and I will get that corrected as quickly as possible. Our motto is to under promise and OVER deliver. Not that other way around. I know everyone is busy these days, but if you could let me know it would be really appreciated.

Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have stayed several times in dropping our daughter off to college in DC. Easy access to the hotel and metro. Great for not having to pay for parking. Lots of places to eat within 10 minutes. The food is decent but could be better. The area is very nice and safe.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for those kind words. Being a repeat guest is the biggest compliment one can pay a hotel. You are right; our free parking is a real plus. Not to mention free full American breakfast, free wi/fi, free shuttle as so much more. I will pass along your comments about the hotel being nice and safe to the rest of the team. We are always working to improve the hotel based on our guests’ comments. Have you tried the pizza and wings in our casual dining area, Callaway’s? If not – trust me they are great.

We look forward to seeing you here yet again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!