“Good place for the price and area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit
“Good place for the price and area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have stayed several times in dropping our daughter off to college in DC. Easy access to the hotel and metro. Great for not having to pay for parking. Lots of places to eat within 10 minutes. The food is decent but could be better. The area is very nice and safe.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for those kind words. Being a repeat guest is the biggest compliment one can pay a hotel. You are right; our free parking is a real plus. Not to mention free full American breakfast, free wi/fi, free shuttle as so much more. I will pass along your comments about the hotel being nice and safe to the rest of the team. We are always working to improve the hotel based on our guests’ comments. Have you tried the pizza and wings in our casual dining area, Callaway’s? If not – trust me they are great.

We look forward to seeing you here yet again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Korean first
Lynnwood, Wa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Amazingly polite staff throughout our entire stay, from the front desk, to the gift shop staff to housekeeping and the staff in the restaraunt. Our room was quiet except for an AC fan rattle every now and then and was super clean!!! Vending machines could have a little more variety and food after midnight would be a nice touch for those of us traveling from the West coast but the continental was good. Waffles didn't work to well as a self serve too many people lined up for them, especially because kids love them but the rest was good. Will definitely be staying here again!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
You hit the nail on the head! We are so lucky to have such a great team here! Everyone really cares about keeping our guests happy – and it shows. We get countless positives comment about our team members. You are right, our waffle station, part of our famous free full American breakfast buffet, is a big hit with kids. As a matter of fact we recently added a second machine for high demand times. Last weekend we had even more families in than usual.

We look forward to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Castleton, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Pros: Very clean, easy to find, comfortable king bed. Microwave and mid-size refrigerator with freezer. Good mini muffins, scrambled eggs, home fries with green peppers & onions. Printed driving instructions for two areas with multiple eating options. Free parking & local shuttle (didn't use, don't know how long waits would be) Close to Rockville Metro station/parking. Easy ride into DC. Pool with lifeguard.

Cons: The king suite had a queen size sofa bed that was so uncomfortable our two granddaughters, 7 and 10 years old, couldn't sleep on it. Minimal padding over wire springs. Like most kids, they can usually sleep anywhere. They charged $20.00 extra for the second child. Breakfast - waffle makers took forever and even then didn't really cook the batter. The attendant in the breakfast room was so efficient, he cleaned our table before the waffles cooked. Cold cereal only Cheerios and corn flakes, no yogurt or bagels, dried up sliced ham.

Conclusion: I would try another hotel in the area before I stayed here again.

Room Tip: Room 200, ground level with view of pool, very quiet but don't plan on using the pull out sofa b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback. We always learn from our guests. Not only what they enjoy – but areas we can upgrade. I’m so glad you found the hotel easy to get to and our beds comfortable I have to agree with you. Every now and then I stay overnight – and have to say our beds really are wonderful! While I’m sorry you opted not to take our shuttle, I can’t say I blame you for being worried about the time to get a return trip. That said our shuttle team is very good. My tip is to ask the front desk for the card with the shuttle driver’s cell number on it. Then when you are dropped off – ask the driver how long in advance you should call for a pick up. That works great.

Clearly you did not have the type of experience we are known for – the kind that keeps guests coming back over and over again. We do have yogurt on our buffet. We pride ourselves on having healthy options in the morning. It’s something our guests have asked for and we take feedback VERY seriously. Upon looking into this – I learned it was inadvertently left off the buffet this last weekend. I’m so sorry about that. Thanks for bringing that to our attention and we will be more careful next time.

We are very very family friendly here. Children under 18 are always free when staying in the same room as mom or dad. We do charge $20 for a rollaway. Did you order a rollaway? If not, there was an error on your bill. Please contact me via this website or by phone and we will certainly correct that for you.

Next time you are coming to the Washington, DC area, please contact me directly. I would like a chance to see that you get the service and experience we pride ourselves on giving to all our guests.

LONG ISLAND, NASSAU NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Visit for a weekend, directly off of 270, clean with a convenient free shuttle to local shopping center. Stop and Shop supermarket near facility as well as several resturants. Room was not in the greatest shape but was very clean and I felt comfortable. Check in was quick and the front desk was helpful.

Room Tip: I was in room 515
Green Features: Good clean and environmentally friendly option to reuse towels was good, plenty of signs throughout the room advising the visitor that they are environmentally friendly, i was impressed
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback. I’m so glad you found the hotel clean and team friendly. Smart move to take advantage off our free shuttle. Not only does out shuttle go to the Metro it also goes to numerous restaurants and shopping options. I hope you come back and see us soon… as we will soon begin our guest room refresh.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are social media: Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter follow us at /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Boalsburg, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Best Western Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites in August of 2013 for one night (for $60 through Priceline), when we attended a wedding at the Glenview Mansion in Rockville, MD. In general, it wasn't anything particularly spectacular, but it was exactly what we needed.

The check-in process was quick and smooth. The front-desk attendant was very articulate and clear, though a bit gruff. Free parking was nice. We were on the 7th floor, and we never had to wait too long for the elevator.

Our room was clean, spacious, and well-appointed. The furniture was high quality. The bathroom was functional, if slightly cramped. The bed was comfortable. The desk was large and helpful. Free wifi was nice.

The biggest irritation in our room was an extremely slow-to-respond TV remote, which I assume may have resulted from dying batteries. Only conscious for a few hours during our stay, we didn't bother to contact the front-desk to try new batteries.

The next morning, we enjoyed the breakfast buffet with several other families who were staying at the same hotel. In general, the breakfast was good, more substantial than a continental breakfast, but very basic by buffet standards. Hot stuff included scrambled eggs, potatoes, and bacon. The line for the waffles was extremely long, and the entire breakfast area was quite crowded and felt rather cramped. But we left the hotel with full stomachs.

Finally, the check-out process was quick and painless. Again, there wasn't anything remarkably awesome about our stay at this Best Western, but the room was quite nice, and it completely met our needs. I wouldn't go out of my way to seek out this place, but I wouldn't mind staying here again if my travels bring me back to the Rockville area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so glad to hear that you found our staff helpful and rooms clean and comfortable. Sometimes the best surprise really is no surprise. That said, we want to truly exceed your expectations. We expect our refresh of our guest rooms and hallways to be done by the end of the year.

Palmyra, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just stayed for 2 days at this hotel. Arrived very late at night and had a good check in and greeting from the person behind the desk. The lobby was attractive and updated. The room was not quite as up to date, showing a few small signs of wear and there was a large stain on the floor. I turned on the fan for the A/C and it had a very loud knocking noise. I suggested we try to swap rooms but my husband gave me that "please no" look so we dealt with it. The next morning we had an OK breakfast, standard fare but it was served in a restaurant setting with real silverware which was nice. I told the front desk about the noise, and they sent up an engineer very quickly. He explained that he was going to have to replace the system which would take several hours and that I could swap to a different room or wait. I opted for another room, and went to the front desk. I must say the front desk staff was not quite as on the ball as the previous evening, and their people skills were not the best. It is possible that they were new and inexperienced with swapping rooms. Went to the new room and the A/C there was also noisy though better than room one. Saw the engineer and he came down to see if he could fix THAT one so I didn't have to switch. He fixed it and apologized for the inconvenience. I was very impressed by him - he went above and beyond to help me. Both rooms showed a bit of wear, but it was comfortable and clean. Would stay again for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy to hear you love the new look of our lobby. We just completed the refresh this month. As a matter of fact – we are not even done. We are adding a lobby bar and some more enhancements. Our next step is to fresh our guest rooms and hallways. That’s scheduled to be done later this year.

You are right we do have a few new members of our team. Whether it’s a team member’s first day or they have been with us a while, like many of our staff who are long termers with us, we strive for the highest level of service. I forwarded your comments off our manager to be sure some of those details were not missed in their training.

Bel Air, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It was a very nice hotel and accessable to main highway and local destinations we were interested in visiting. The only issue we had was that they did not have a restaurant other than for breakfast as so many of your others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the team to give us your feedback. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed your mini vacation with us. We take out guest feedback very seriously. Because of so many comments (such as yours) we added a very casual pizza and wings menu in our bar that is open Monday – Saturday. If you were in when the bar was closed I hope you had a chance to take our free shuttle to one of the numerous restaurants that is just minutes away. If you did take our fee shuttle to the Rio Center on Sunday, which offers many great restaurants just 2.5 miles away, you might have seen me there. Yes, we take our guests to places that tourists and locals both enjoy.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!