“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel for business often and the hotel is a great hotel for the price. The rooms are clean, beds comfy, the staff pleasant, it's close to many D.C. attractions and includes a great breakfast! We are very satisfied with this hotel and would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! You are right we are close to many of the DC area attractions. Our free parking and free shuttle to the metro make us the perfect stop for those coming to see the nation’s capital.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

434 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stay here two night and didn't sleep to well beds we like rock, we ate at the restaurant in the hotel and i thought food was yuck and the price was way high for what u got 3.00 for a small bowl of potato salad. Pool was nice but no hot tub. THE ONLY good thing i can say is the night desk staff was very nice and very funny. I would not stay here again. I got it on priceline for only 45.oo a night and that is all i would say it is worth paying.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. It’s a great place to share feedback from one’s stay.

I think you might be confusing us with another hotel. While it does not happen often, it does happen. We do not service potato salad in our restaurant. We just have a very small casual pizza place. Also, while our rates are very low – they are not $45.00. We tend to be about twice that. You may be thinking of another Best Western in the area.

Dubai, UAE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We spent 3nights in this hotel.
The rooms wer neat and clean. The hotel location is slightly off the road, so the rooms are fairly quiet.
The hotel has a restaurant which does serve good food. However, with a 22:00 closure, if you arrive late, with kids, there is nothing in or around where you could dine.
The breakfast is decent.

Although the hotel is away from the Metro station, the bus shuttle, on the hour, makes up to the 10minute ride. If and when you arrive, in between, you can just call the hotel and the shuttle will pick you up. I think there is a cut off time - 2200 [if am right].
The hotel practices an Environmetn friendly policy where towels are concerned and also disposal of waste.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, esp to families.

Free WiFi does help. I have not seen any activities for kids, though.

Room Tip: To me, with the location of the hotel, rooms would be noise free anyway.
Green Features: Good to seperate plastics/ cans and paper. Also recycling towels.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. I’m so glad to hear your family enjoyed their three night stay with us. With so much to see and do in the area… I’m sure you will be back to see us again soon.

I’m glad you took advantage of our free shuttle to the metro. It’s only 2 miles away – and it’s a great way to see the area. I’m glad you noticed our green initiatives. We are one of the few hotels that actually has recycle all bins in each and every guest room and suite.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a total of three nights. I had a single room. I checked into my room, unpacked everything because I was going to be out and returning late. I didn't want to have to do it later. I was ironing my clothes and noticed that I was breaking a sweat. I checked the air conditioner/thermostat. It was set at 70, but it felt a lot warmer in the room. The fan in the vent sounded rather loud, too. I called the front desk, and they sent up the building engineer. He looked at the thermostat, listened to the fan, and then said that I was probably hot because I was ironing (?!) Uh, no. Then he said to give it more time, and I replied that if I had to move rooms, I wanted to know now. I did not want to come back late, have to pack up my room and move to one with good AC. He said he would make sure I was able to get another room. Thanks, Felix! He was good for it! Since I had checked in early, there were no other rooms available at the time, so they gave me an Executive Suite on the 5th floor! Yeay!! No charge! Even better! Although I wasn't thrilled at having to move rooms and pack up my already-ironed clothing, I was glad I was getting a free upgrade. This room was lovely, and I was so happy to be there! Nice view. Nice AC. All GREAT . . . until I arrived back there at 1 a.m. after a party. The front doors are wide open. The front desk clerk is busy talking to a building engineer-official - looking person. I pass by. Both elevator doors are wide open. I step in and press "5th Floor" (the top floor of the hotel - did I mention that?). No response. I walk out and into the second elevator. 5th floor. Nothing. About this time, an little elderly man passes by and says "Elevator not working". What? He tells me I should follow him to the staircase at the end of the hall. I start to walk behind him toward it, when I realize that all the doors to the back/work areas of the hotel are wide open. I get the feeling something more wrong here than the elevators. I go back to the front desk and ask "What is going on?" The engineer guffaws; the clerk goes into a well-rehearsed speech (and I get the feeling that I am the last one in on the joke) that went something like this: "Ma'am, we are experiencing a power outage. Some rooms may still have some electrical power, but there is no cable in any of the rooms. We have a list of other hotels in the area, should you wish to check out. If you choose to stay, we will comp the room for tonight. We have not estimate of when the power will be back on. The electric company is working on it right now." Did I mention it is now 1 a.m.? Me: "Is my room one of the ones with power?". Clerk: "I have no way of knowing, Ma'am." Me: "I am on the 5th floor (my lovely executive suite). I have to climb up 5 flights to see if my room even has power?" "Yes, Ma'am.". Grrrrr. Okay, I decide to take my chances at 1 a.m that perhaps I am one of the lucky ones with power.(I didn't want to think about the alternative) Yes! I am! Power, but no AC. At all. Argh. I do not like to be hot, and that is an understatement. Well, at least I have a little electric fan that I travel with to help me sleep. (Don't ask.) I figure it wouldn't be too bad if I take a cool shower, and have my fan to keep me comfortable. Lovely. I call the front desk and tell them I'm staying and will take them up on their offer to comp me for the room for the night. I hang up ready to hit the shower. But what is that noise? "CHIRP! chirp! CHIRP! chirp!" The smoke alarms (2 of them) are serenading me with a dissonant duet - one in each room of my lovely executive suite (it was a free upgrade. It was a free upgrade, did I mention that?) . I call the front desk again. I tell her about the smoke alarms. She tells me to take the batteries out of them, and if I should have any trouble with that, call and she will send the building engineer up to disable them. Batteries? Why would 2 battery-operated smoke alarms be chirping at all? But, who am I to question these things? I find a footstool to stand on to reach the first alarm. "CHIRP!! chirp!!" I cannot pry the battery door off with my finger, so I find a ballpoint pen to assist me. It works! The battery chamber door flies across the room. I get down and cross the room to pick it up. No battery. Really???!! What a shocker! The other smoke alarm, the same thing. "CHIRP!! chirp!!" I call the front desk. Again. "I tried. There are no batteries in these things." Clerk: "Okay, I will send the building engineer up." "Knock knock! You having a problem with the smoke alarms?" says he."Yes, I tried to disable them, but I couldn't." He: "You need to take the batteries out." ?????????????? This is a building engineer. "There are no batteries in them." says I. "Yes, there are." says he. "No, there are NOT. I took it apart. There are no batteries. They are electrically connected." "CHIRP!! chirp!!" He looks. Wires. He disconnects the wires - on both alarms. Then he prepares to leave. The first one is STILL chirping! "It's still chirping!" I say. "No it's not" says he. "Oh, yes it IS!" says I. "CHIRP!!!" - he picks it up and the thing is going off in his hand "Oh, I guess it is. I'll just take this one with me." "Yes, thank you." Off to the shower and to sleep, not too uncomfortable with my little fan. At some point, I awake in a sweat. My fan is silent. The light in the other room is dark. The power is out completely now. I feel around for my phone. 3 a.m. I grab for my purse, where I remember I have a little flashlight that I had packed because a little voice told me to. (Yay little voice!) I fish it out, and find my way to the restroom. I re-shower and lay down, not sleeping, for a miserable couple of hours. At about 8:00 a.m. I call the desk. "When will the power be back on? I have somewhere to be and need to know if I have to pack up and leave now. I do not want to come back late and find out there is no power, and have to pack in the dark, then leave to find another hotel. And I am getting comped for last night, correct?? Clerk: "Oh, yes, Ma'am. Just stop by the front desk and we'll take care of you. The power should be back on in about a half hour." She is correct. It is back on in about that time. I stop by the front desk on my way out. I am told that since I booked by trip via AAA Travel, and that it was a package deal, I would have to contact them to tell them to contact Best Western to have a refund processed. I did just that - about a week ago. I spoke to a very helpful rep who gave me her direct email address at AAA. I documented the occurrence (not like this, of course :) I am still waiting a week later to hear anything from anyone. The moral of the story: Nothing comes for free, and no AC for me!! This hotel needs a major electrical overhaul and new AC units. The first engineer from my first day as much as told me so.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback on your stay with us. We love to hear what our guests think of our hotel and the services we offer. I was so glad to hear that our team was able to upgrade you to a suite at no charge. I’m surprised we had any suites available as they tend to go quickly. Then again for only thirty dollars more… getting a two room suite with a full sitting area second HD TV and pull out couch – they are very popular. Families love our suites as it gives the kids their own room and own HD TV.

It is a rarity that our hotel losses power… but sadly that did happen last month. I have said it before and I will say it again: we have the best guests in the world!! Everyone couldn’t have been more understanding and accommodating about something that was out of our control. Our team got the power company digging up wires and getting to the route of the problem as quickly as possible. To your point, yes, the power company was working at 1am. We refused to have them wait until the next day when it comes to serving our guests.

Because we understand this was an inconvenience, and keeping our guests happy is job one, we offered our guests a complimentary night. While most guests said, no it’s ok, we understand and we were not put out, some preferred to take advantage of our offer. As you booked through a third party, we are contractually obligated to have refunds run through those third parties. Needless to say, if we simply changed the rate to zero… AAA would have received the refund, and not you. We work very closely with AAA, and from your comments it sounds like they are on top of things for your refund.

We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back to the Washington, DC area. Do continue to book with AAA… we have a lot of great programs with them including a 10% discount for booking your guest rooms outside of a package! Travel hint: Don’t forget to book early with us if you want to get a suite… the do go fast!

Shreve, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you would like to visit Washington, D.C. but would rather not drive in the city, this hotel is perfect! Here are the highlights:

-The hotel offers an hourly shuttle to the Metro station or Rockville Town Center (both less than 10 minutes away.) When you're finished sightseeing and want to return to the hotel, all you have to do is call the shuttle driver and the shuttle will be right there to pick you up. The shuttle drivers were all very nice, prompt, and professional.

-My 6 year old son LOVED the pool. It was a nice way to cool off after a full day of walking around D.C.

-The free breakfast is awesome. They offer eggs, potatoes, sausage, waffles, toast, cereal, muffins, fruit, and several kinds of juice.

-The room was very clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job.

-The entire staff was friendly and helpful.

This was our second stay at this hotel, but it will certainly not be our last. We feel like we got a great value for our money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Being a repeat guest is the biggest compliment you can pay to a hotel! It is proof positive that you enjoy our stay with us. I will pass your kind works on to our staff. We really are lucky and have a great team here and it shows.

I’m glad your 6 year old enjoyed the pool. Kids of all ages enjoy taking a dunk in our outdoor pool after a long day of sightseeing. I hope you let him make his own waffle (with Mom’s help) at the breakfast buffet. Kids love working the waffle machine.

We look forward to you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Warminster, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Breakfast could be improved. Did not provide bagels or hot cereal. Charged for room safe even though it was not used or wanted. Took 2 weeks to get a refund for this charge. They must use the interest on this as an extra profit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always like to hear what our guests have to say about their stay with us. As a matter of fact many of our hotel enhancements are based on guest feedback.

I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy our breakfast as much as you could have. As you can see from other posts here it’s very popular. In fact we do offer hot cereal. Because it’s not a popular item for our guests, we use hot cereal packets that are available to the left of the muffins and pastries on the breakfast bar.

We are proud of the fact that we offer in room safes. Many of our guests, especially our corporate travelers, like the fact that they are actually large enough to hold most size laptops. There is a note posted at the front desk stating the safe charge. At the time of checkout when guests receive and review their receipt, if a guest states they did not use the safe, we remove the charge at that time – no questions ask. When guests call and have questions about their bills, any refunds are done that day. Sometimes the guests’ banking institutions takes up to 30 days to post changes.

Director of Sales.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We checked into the Rockville Best Western on a Saturday night and it was a nightmare from the moment we walked in. We were expecting 2 conjoining rooms with 2 double beds and what we got was 1 room with double beds and one king room that were on different halls. They upgraded our king room to a suite, free of charge and we we walked in the floors were completely soaked. They finally got us into 2 suites with roll away beds. On Sunday we went to DC and when we came back the elevators were down, the AC was not working, and the power was completely out. This was the icing on the cake of the worst hotel experience we've ever had. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed July 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. While we try to accommodate all requests by our guests, sadly that is not always possible. I was glad to hear our front desk team upgraded you free of charge to get your two hotel rooms closer together.

Because of the unexpected heat, there have been some rolling blackouts. While this is a rare occurrence, only the second time in over three years, I’m sorry this happened during your stay. While this is clearly out of our hands, I fully understand your frustration. Most importantly I’m sorry it adversely affected your stay in our nation’s capital. You clearly did not get the type of service we have become known for, as you can see from other posts here. We would love the opportunity to show you the type of service that has won us many awards, including a prized award from TripAdvisor. Please feel free to contact me directly through this site so I may personally be sure you are well taken care of on your next stay in the Washington, DC area.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!