“A fine Best Western Stay with great people working there.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rochester, NY
“A fine Best Western Stay with great people working there.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

For July 13~17 this was A fine Best Western Stay with great people working there. The girls on the front end were chipper and so helpfull with remote site menus. We ordered takeout delivered to our room for three dinner events. Cheesesteaks from the local pizza shop were outstanding. Our room for our DC visit to the Smithsonian was extremely clean, maid service was top notch. Linens were soft and the bed was awesome!!

Our tub initially has a slow draining issue but Felix gave it a drink of drain juice which helped a bit, and maintenence did their majic so the drain now takes the flow from a firehose if needed!! Great Job Guys!! The ice machines were getting quite a workout with the 95 degree days, but any ones that failed they had back in service within a day, and ice was always available within a floor or two.

The shuttle drivers were great!! They dropped you off at MEtro Train Rockville station which can get you pretty much anywhere in DC. Breakfast goodies were widely varied with GREAT scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, red potatoes and pancakes rotating regularly on the free morning buffet, along with the other morning regulars.

Again, a great room for a great stay, with great people who really care about their customers working there. Highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay while coming to visit the Smithsonian Institution. With our free parking and free shuttle to the metro that goes right downtown, we are the perfect location for guests that want to explore everything we have to see and do in the Washington, DC area without spending a fortune.

You are right our ice machines. They did get a workout with the record high hot temperatures. Our team was ready for the heat wave and we received a lot of great comments about our response to guests over those very hot days. You are right about our friend desk team. They all really care about our guests and it shows.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

497 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was a weekend trip to visit relatives in MD. The hotel had a shuttle service to the Metro (very convenient) which we use to go into DC. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I especially like the breakfast area because there were plenty of seats and the buffet had hot and cold choices. A nice experience.

• Stayed June 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting your relatives in Maryland. No trip to Maryland is complete without sightseeing in DC. Everyone loves our breakfast. We added yogurt, non-sugared cereals and fruit to offer healthy options. There really is something for everyone on our buffet.

Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Plus for 3 nights in May. The room was quiet & clean. The complimentary breakfast was one of the best that I have seen. There was lots of food and the staff were always on hand to keep the room clean. We even had an evening meal in the lounge, which was also good. The complimentary shuttle to the Metro was fantastic, and made the Best Western ideal for our trips into Washington for sightseeing. I would definately stay here again if I was in the area

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for saying that!!! I have to say – your review really says it all! We couldn’t be prouder of our staff and clearly their caring attitude shines through. Everyone loves our fee full breakfast buffet… including me. Our shuttle was so popular we actually bought a second one… so we can get everyone to the metro to get to DC to see everything the area has to offer.

We look forward to seeing you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Fredonia, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a re-post of an earlier review we did for this hotel. We are re-posting so that the review is more representative of what you can expect if you stay here rather than focusing on an honest mistake that happened at the front desk. Here is the text of our original review:

"We were out sightseeing after staying for three of four nights in the same room. We received a call from the hotel saying that our luggage was in the wrong room and we needed to vacate the room. When we called the hotel back, we asked if they had moved our luggage out of the room and we told that they may have. When we got back, we stopped at the front desk and we were told that we we not supposed to be in the root hay gave us. The manager was unapologetic when we asked what happened but did allow us to stay in the room we originally had."

The day after we checked out, the hotel contacted us and gave us an apology and a complete explanation. It turns out that another party with a similar name requested a room change and we were contacted in error. A simple human error at the front desk. In my view, no harm, no foul.

Other than that, our stay was very pleasant and we found the location very convenient for visiting downtown DC without driving there. We used the free hotel shuttle to get to the metro station and it worked out perfectly. The room was clean and comfortable and in line with what you expect from the better Best Westerns. If you have a car, there are what seems to be a million good restaurants nearby on Rockville Pike. The included hotel breakfast was respectable, and the coffee pretty darn good.

We would both repeat and recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoyed talking to you last week and learning how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have to agree we have a great location for those coming to visit Washington, DC. With our free shuttle to the Metro that goes straight to downtown and free parking, it’s a great way to see all our area has to offer without spending more than you have to.

You are right… we have many many restaurants within just a few miles from the hotel, everything from fast food to fine dining… and everything in-between. We also offer complimentary shuttle service to downtown Rockville, Rio Center and Falls Gove. This puts a wide variety of restaurants, shopping and entertainment options just steps away.

Also, again, I’m sorry about the error regarding the room assignment. It was one little simple error that caused the confusion and an unnecessary call to you. I said it before and I will say it again… we have the best guests!! Thank you so much for your understanding.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located off the highway and very easy to find. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. Check-in was quick and easy. Throwing in free breakfast, a pool and the great price makes this the perfect 2-day pit stop on our road trip.

We would absolutely stay here again, if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really are a little hidden gem. If you liked the hotel now… wait until the fall.. we have some exciting upgrades planned for our public space. Also, like any perfect pit stop, we offer lots of free parking and free coffee around the clock.

Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am not a big complainer I usually just go with the flow but this place is horrible. I checked into this hotel on 06/28/2013. I reserved the room using my Mastercard and when I arrived I paid half cash and paid the other half on my visa. I had a hard time checking in because the rep was easily confused! After 15 mins I was checked into room 551 it was a little dark in the room and the floor was wet when we walked in. The air conditioning vents were leaking water in front of the bathroom which gave the room a slight smell of a basement. We dropped our bags and went down to the restuarant and the tables were dirty and our pops were flat needless to say. We were waiting to receive menus but the menu was already on the table this is a limited restaurant its either carnival food or nothing at all. We decided to get pizza that was delicious I must say. The second day we got up for breakfast which was okay. They give you the re-heat pancakes that are hard around the edges and the rest of the flood was very bland but it was free so no complaint there. We left and went shopping all day and wanted to come back and take a shower but the water was cold so we waited for an hour and the water never heated up. I called the front desk and she was supposedly calling an engineer so we waited two hours and the water never heated up they supposedly had to kick on a different system that never heated up and they stated the water was luke warm but I do not know if they actually no that ice cold water is not luke warm or they just may not take hot showers so luke warm is cold to them. The last day of our stay we woke up to shower and the water was cold again so cold showers were what we had! I went to get coffee and the coffee straws were stuck together and nasty:(. Our room did have ants we brought back a cup of juice on Saturday and within an hour our night stand was swarming with ants!!! On the last day of our stay I waited in line to check out and the rep stated your paid in full thanks for staying with us! I said okay and proceeded to get in my car and drive home 30 mins later the rep calls and stated that they entered my visa number sin wrong and she needs me to turn around and come back or she can take my card over the phone. I told the rep that I Was driving and could call her back in 30 mins well I did not stop until 5 hours later and to my suprise I had a charge on my mastercard that I did not authorize. I called and they stated that they were unable to reach me so they just charged it to a mastercard they never seen! I called to have the charges removed and this company was so rude that I never got the issue resolved and had to contact my lawyer to look into the case. This place has horrible customer sevice reps and customer service skills. The management is worse than the CR's. I suggest going up the rode to a better hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us – both everything you enjoyed about your stay with us and suggestions for upgrades. As you can see from other posts here we are proud to offer great friendly service at a reasonable price. We are proud of our team and the service we provide and it shows in the great guest feedback here on this site.

I have to agree with you our pizza is delicious! We actually make it here fresh. It’s fun to see the smiles on our guests’ faces when they realize how great it really is. Plus our wings are wonderful as well - very flavorful. We added our casual dining for dinner based on recommendations from our travelers that do not want to venture out after a long day of work or play, but wanted an inexpensive option all under one roof. We pride ourselves on listening to our guests’ suggestions… and implement many of them!

I’m sorry for the confusion at checkout. Because of our great location, close to so many major companies, we have a large corporate clientele and rooms are automatically charged to the credit card on file for many of our corporate travelers that stay with us time and time again. Most of our guests give a credit card at the beginning of their stay rather than having multiple forms of payment as you did. Therefore it was an error on our part that you were not asked for a form of payment for your balance upon your departure and I’m very sorry about that. However, this error was caught quickly and we called you to resolve this to your liking. I’m sorry if you misheard the agent who said, rather than coming back, we may take the credit card over information over your cell phone. If you were traveling north to I-70 to return to your home in Oho, there are a couple of patchy spots for cell service in Frederick MD, which is about 30 minutes away. You said you would call back in 30 minutes. While you mentioned in your post that you were driving for another 5 hours, you did fail to mention that you never did call back. We called you back but you opted to hang up on our agent that was trying to help you. This gave us no choice but to charge the money owed to the card of which you guaranteed the room. Basically that is why it’s an industry standard to obtain a credit card for guaranteeing rooms, for situations just like this. If you would prefer to bill this to another card, simply call our Front Desk Manager and he would be happy to help clear this up for you. I advised him that you maybe be calling. He looks forward to helping you.

We wish you the best in your future travels!

Bath, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights while visting DC
Much Better than your typical BW
Shuttle to and from Metro was perfect !!!
Breakfast was better than most ( but the potatoes were better before you added the veggies)
Pool was clean and there was a lifeguard on duty( we had a 10 year old with us)
ROom was clean and updated
Fridge in Room
Bathroom needs a little updating a better cleaning of the caulking and such
But overall
Great stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really are a little hidden gem. Plus offering a great price does not hurt either. While all Best Westerns are individually owned and operated, and we are flattered by your comment that that we are better than your typical BW, I have to say the brand is really moving in a great direction. If you are looking for a hotel that will not bust the bank but give you more – check out Best Western and look for hotels that are labeled PLUS or Premier. Those are the hotels, like ours that is a PLUS, give more amenities and services.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!