“Convenient for DC Visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fredonia, Wisconsin
“Convenient for DC Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a re-post of an earlier review we did for this hotel. We are re-posting so that the review is more representative of what you can expect if you stay here rather than focusing on an honest mistake that happened at the front desk. Here is the text of our original review:

"We were out sightseeing after staying for three of four nights in the same room. We received a call from the hotel saying that our luggage was in the wrong room and we needed to vacate the room. When we called the hotel back, we asked if they had moved our luggage out of the room and we told that they may have. When we got back, we stopped at the front desk and we were told that we we not supposed to be in the root hay gave us. The manager was unapologetic when we asked what happened but did allow us to stay in the room we originally had."

The day after we checked out, the hotel contacted us and gave us an apology and a complete explanation. It turns out that another party with a similar name requested a room change and we were contacted in error. A simple human error at the front desk. In my view, no harm, no foul.

Other than that, our stay was very pleasant and we found the location very convenient for visiting downtown DC without driving there. We used the free hotel shuttle to get to the metro station and it worked out perfectly. The room was clean and comfortable and in line with what you expect from the better Best Westerns. If you have a car, there are what seems to be a million good restaurants nearby on Rockville Pike. The included hotel breakfast was respectable, and the coffee pretty darn good.

We would both repeat and recommend to friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoyed talking to you last week and learning how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have to agree we have a great location for those coming to visit Washington, DC. With our free shuttle to the Metro that goes straight to downtown and free parking, it’s a great way to see all our area has to offer without spending more than you have to.

You are right… we have many many restaurants within just a few miles from the hotel, everything from fast food to fine dining… and everything in-between. We also offer complimentary shuttle service to downtown Rockville, Rio Center and Falls Gove. This puts a wide variety of restaurants, shopping and entertainment options just steps away.

Also, again, I’m sorry about the error regarding the room assignment. It was one little simple error that caused the confusion and an unnecessary call to you. I said it before and I will say it again… we have the best guests!! Thank you so much for your understanding.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

497 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located off the highway and very easy to find. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. Check-in was quick and easy. Throwing in free breakfast, a pool and the great price makes this the perfect 2-day pit stop on our road trip.

We would absolutely stay here again, if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really are a little hidden gem. If you liked the hotel now… wait until the fall.. we have some exciting upgrades planned for our public space. Also, like any perfect pit stop, we offer lots of free parking and free coffee around the clock.

Akron, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I am not a big complainer I usually just go with the flow but this place is horrible. I checked into this hotel on 06/28/2013. I reserved the room using my Mastercard and when I arrived I paid half cash and paid the other half on my visa. I had a hard time checking in because the rep was easily confused! After 15 mins I was checked into room 551 it was a little dark in the room and the floor was wet when we walked in. The air conditioning vents were leaking water in front of the bathroom which gave the room a slight smell of a basement. We dropped our bags and went down to the restuarant and the tables were dirty and our pops were flat needless to say. We were waiting to receive menus but the menu was already on the table this is a limited restaurant its either carnival food or nothing at all. We decided to get pizza that was delicious I must say. The second day we got up for breakfast which was okay. They give you the re-heat pancakes that are hard around the edges and the rest of the flood was very bland but it was free so no complaint there. We left and went shopping all day and wanted to come back and take a shower but the water was cold so we waited for an hour and the water never heated up. I called the front desk and she was supposedly calling an engineer so we waited two hours and the water never heated up they supposedly had to kick on a different system that never heated up and they stated the water was luke warm but I do not know if they actually no that ice cold water is not luke warm or they just may not take hot showers so luke warm is cold to them. The last day of our stay we woke up to shower and the water was cold again so cold showers were what we had! I went to get coffee and the coffee straws were stuck together and nasty:(. Our room did have ants we brought back a cup of juice on Saturday and within an hour our night stand was swarming with ants!!! On the last day of our stay I waited in line to check out and the rep stated your paid in full thanks for staying with us! I said okay and proceeded to get in my car and drive home 30 mins later the rep calls and stated that they entered my visa number sin wrong and she needs me to turn around and come back or she can take my card over the phone. I told the rep that I Was driving and could call her back in 30 mins well I did not stop until 5 hours later and to my suprise I had a charge on my mastercard that I did not authorize. I called and they stated that they were unable to reach me so they just charged it to a mastercard they never seen! I called to have the charges removed and this company was so rude that I never got the issue resolved and had to contact my lawyer to look into the case. This place has horrible customer sevice reps and customer service skills. The management is worse than the CR's. I suggest going up the rode to a better hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us – both everything you enjoyed about your stay with us and suggestions for upgrades. As you can see from other posts here we are proud to offer great friendly service at a reasonable price. We are proud of our team and the service we provide and it shows in the great guest feedback here on this site.

I have to agree with you our pizza is delicious! We actually make it here fresh. It’s fun to see the smiles on our guests’ faces when they realize how great it really is. Plus our wings are wonderful as well - very flavorful. We added our casual dining for dinner based on recommendations from our travelers that do not want to venture out after a long day of work or play, but wanted an inexpensive option all under one roof. We pride ourselves on listening to our guests’ suggestions… and implement many of them!

I’m sorry for the confusion at checkout. Because of our great location, close to so many major companies, we have a large corporate clientele and rooms are automatically charged to the credit card on file for many of our corporate travelers that stay with us time and time again. Most of our guests give a credit card at the beginning of their stay rather than having multiple forms of payment as you did. Therefore it was an error on our part that you were not asked for a form of payment for your balance upon your departure and I’m very sorry about that. However, this error was caught quickly and we called you to resolve this to your liking. I’m sorry if you misheard the agent who said, rather than coming back, we may take the credit card over information over your cell phone. If you were traveling north to I-70 to return to your home in Oho, there are a couple of patchy spots for cell service in Frederick MD, which is about 30 minutes away. You said you would call back in 30 minutes. While you mentioned in your post that you were driving for another 5 hours, you did fail to mention that you never did call back. We called you back but you opted to hang up on our agent that was trying to help you. This gave us no choice but to charge the money owed to the card of which you guaranteed the room. Basically that is why it’s an industry standard to obtain a credit card for guaranteeing rooms, for situations just like this. If you would prefer to bill this to another card, simply call our Front Desk Manager and he would be happy to help clear this up for you. I advised him that you maybe be calling. He looks forward to helping you.

We wish you the best in your future travels!

Bath, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights while visting DC
Much Better than your typical BW
Shuttle to and from Metro was perfect !!!
Breakfast was better than most ( but the potatoes were better before you added the veggies)
Pool was clean and there was a lifeguard on duty( we had a 10 year old with us)
ROom was clean and updated
Fridge in Room
Bathroom needs a little updating a better cleaning of the caulking and such
But overall
Great stay

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really are a little hidden gem. Plus offering a great price does not hurt either. While all Best Westerns are individually owned and operated, and we are flattered by your comment that that we are better than your typical BW, I have to say the brand is really moving in a great direction. If you are looking for a hotel that will not bust the bank but give you more – check out Best Western and look for hotels that are labeled PLUS or Premier. Those are the hotels, like ours that is a PLUS, give more amenities and services.

Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed for 8 Nights as we visited our daughter in Washington. When we first arrived there was a power outage due to a storm in the area. Everybody was very willing to do the best so they went out and got glow sticks and flash lights for everyone. Nobody could do anything about it, but the staff was very helpfull and kind. As it was our first night we didn´t have a working key card yet so we always needed somebody to unlock our room for us. Even though we went up and down like 4 times, they didn't get tired and even were even the last time up for a joke.
The breakfast was really good, although the kitchen / cleaning staff was kind of annoyed by their job it seemed. We were always on the late side for breakfast and it seemed like the guys just wanted everybody out of the breakfast room and be done for the morning.
Our room was on the 7th floor, really comfortable but overlooking the highway. It was not extremely loud but if the windows would have shut properly or would´ve been a little tighter it would´ve been even quiter. Still, it was a great room and we really enjoyed staying there.

The Shuttle to the Metro worked perfectly and the drivers were really nice.
We really enjoyed our stay and might come back one day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
What can I say we have the world’s best guests!!! A power outage is never fun… but our guests could not have been more understanding. We almost never lose power. If anything we fill up when homes in the surrounding residential area lose power. This time, the storm was so bad even we were affected by the outage. Our team is really guest service oriented and it was all hands on deck to make be sure all guests were happy and well cared for. It’s just who we are.

I noted your comment about the windows and restaurant staff and forwarded to the proper team members to follow up. We usually get great comments about our breakfast and the staff that provides it. I’m so sorry if you felt rushed at any time.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We took a quick getaway to visit Washington D.C. Best Western Plus in Rockville met our every need. Breakfast was great and fulfilling. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Workers were pleasant. The men who drove us on the Shuttle service to/from Metro station were very pleasant. We were given a cell phone number so that we could call them to pick us up at the Metro station. We call when we were 2 stops away from the Rockville Metro and they would meet us almost the same time we arrived at station. We wish the pool was open a little longer and wish there were more than 2 bag carrier carts. But overall, we definitely will come back to this hotel again. Good deal thru hotwire

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We never get tired of hearing how much our guests enjoyed their stays with us. We really do have a great team here… and it shows. It was a smart move to take advantage of our free parking and free shuttle to the metro that is only 2 miles away. It’s a great way to see the city and you never have to worry about backtracking to get your car. You are right; our shuttle team members are great. They love taking care of our guests. Actually we have four bell carts. You must have come at a busy time. Sorry they were all I use when you were checking in.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The location was convenient. I had trouble with my air conditioning when I first arrived and they fixed it immediately. It has a big fitness room and a shuttle to the Metro stop a couple miles away.
Only disappointment was the 7-11 quality and selection of food in the evening. But there is a bar and the breakfast is substantial.
Very comfy bed.

• Stayed June 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I have to agree with you… “comfy, friendly and a very good value” really describes us well. I’m so happy to hear our staff responded quickly to your needs. We really do have a great team here. As for our restaurant it is very casual. It’s hard to complete with the many great restaurants all so close to us… literally just steps away via our free shuttle. Because of this we keep our restaurant very simple for the few guests of ours that are too busy or tired to go out. I’m guessing you didn’t try our pizza. I know what you are thinking – pizza in a hotel… no thanks. But it’s actually homemade and is great!

BTW – I love the photo in your profile – may the force be with you!

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!