“Fine stay at the Best Western Plus - Rockville, MD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Naperville, Illinois
“Fine stay at the Best Western Plus - Rockville, MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wife and I liked this hotel very much. The lobby & sitting area, breakfast room / restaurant and computer kiosk were clean and nicely decorated. The free breakfast was good. The parking was ample. We were upgraded to a suite from a regular room for our 2 night stay because did not have a reg room for 1 of the nights. We also had 1 night based on points. Will return in future.
Was a noisy high school group there 1 night of stay running up & down hall.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We really are a hidden gem. If you liked the upgrading and enlarging of our lobby now – wait till you see it in the months to come. We have some real exciting refresh plans. Smart move to be a member of Best Western Reward. As you can see, those points can earn you free stays very quickly.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

503 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
Mendon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I just read some crappy reviews and can't understand those people. We had a wonderful 5 night stay in April. The service was outstanding and the people there are so friendly and helpful. I love the breakfast and the only time they were low on food it was very busy and they brought more out in a matter of minutes. The wait staff are very nice and the area is kept clean. We have stayed there whenever we visit the area and each time have been pleased. At times there is a little more noise from the highway but tolerable. We recommend this hotel to all of our family and friends who come to visit. I commend the staff for their good service.

Room Tip: 7th floor is quietest
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words… we really are a hidden gem. I always love to hear from returning guests…Returning as a guest is the biggest compliment you can make to a hotel. While we do want to hear the good and bad from our guests, I have to agree with you sometimes comments on these social media sites can get rather cynical. Many guests, like yourself, know to look past comments that are clearly meant to be hurtful rather than those who truly want to share their comments with others. I suppose it’s a small price to pay because we really do listen to our guests –and take that feedback very seriously. Some of our best upgrades are based on comments from our guests. Becoming 100% smoke free, additional items on our breakfast buffet, opening Callaway’s for casual dinner dining, HDTV with more channels… and upgrades based on our guests feedback.

We hope to see you here again yet again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Medway, Massachusetts, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Overall the property was average to above average. I was only there for one night and came in late and left early, so I did not experience the property to it's fullest. I did feel the breakfast was a little bland, but the coffee was good. I would suggest having tea bags available in the rooms as well as coffee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. I’m glad you enjoyed our coffee. As a fellow business traveler, I fully understand the importance of good coffee. Actually we do also offer complimentary tea in both the guest rooms and in our lobby 24 hours a day (along with our coffee and decaff). I’m so sorry that we somehow missed including teabags in your room. I have alerted our housekeeping team to be sure they are extra care to be sure they are placed in each of our rooms and suites.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on Tuesday night after working all day and driving four hours to get there. The front desk staff when I checked in was really nice as well as the day time staff! They told me the perfect time to head into town to avoid the dc traffic. The breakfast was good especially since it was free. My room was nice and I received a complimentary upgrade. The only thing that I had an issue with was that I wish they had Ethernet cords for people who can't get good wifi! And......I have to agree with the door slamming Olympics comment. Luckily I had a one bedroom so I could go in the other room and didn't hear it but......when I sat in the sitting room man oh man were those doors a slamming. There were however a few bus loads in the hotel too. You can't blame the hotel staff for the slamming of the doors but.....hotel owners/management can install something so that the doors don't slam when opened. All in all it was a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us … we really are a little hidden gem. It seems most travelers and hotels are going to WI/FI rather than wired Internet services. In these very mobile days – it’s just the growing trend. Actually we DO have Ethernet cords for complimentary use for those who prefer wired access. Next time you are with us, simply ask at the front desk. I have forwarded your comment to our general manager to see about promoting this amenity of ours. Also, I looked it up in our in room hotel guide and noticed it is not mentioned there. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I have already added it so it will be in the guide on its next printing.

Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed there last night, for 1 night. It was average. The front desk staff was very helpful, the beds were average and the breakfast was average. The hotel, overall, looked a bit tired. The room was clean and was a decent size. There were a couple student groups there, so it was full of kids, and I heard several doors slamming in the night. But, beyond that it was OK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad you found our front desk team helpful and our rooms clean. That said I’m sorry you only felt we were only OK. We strive to be better than that. We have exciting upgrades planned for the hotel this year to give us a fresh new look, from a redesign of our lobby to our guestroom hallways. The next time you are in the area, I hope you will contact me directly via this site so I may oversee your reservation so we can really “knock your socks off.”

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

1. There is no electric iron in my room, and call the guest service who ask me to borrow from other room.
2. Call to guest service to say that the refrigerator is noisy, and transfer to business center for about 5 minutes and there is no one answer. Need to go to lobby by myself .
3. Living there for two days and keys doesn't work twice. I went to front desk with tired body after out all day, and the manager attitude was really bad and it took me almost one hour to go into my room.
4. I will never choose this hotel even they are free.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We really do want to get honest feedback from our guests… both the good and bad. We listen to all guests comments and take them all very seriously. As a matter of fact many of our enhancements have come directly from our guests suggestions. To name a few, we turned to a smoke free hotel, added free weights to our gym, enlarged our lobby and added more sitting areas – all exciting changes based on our guests feedback and suggestions.

It pains me to read a review where a guest was not happy with us. As you can see from other glowing reviews you did not receive the service we have become famous for and keep our guests returning again and again. You mentioned that you will not be returning. Should you wish to give us another chance, please feel free to contact me directly via this site and I will personally watch you reservation from start to finish, to be sure you are happy.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!