“Decent Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Mendon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I just read some crappy reviews and can't understand those people. We had a wonderful 5 night stay in April. The service was outstanding and the people there are so friendly and helpful. I love the breakfast and the only time they were low on food it was very busy and they brought more out in a matter of minutes. The wait staff are very nice and the area is kept clean. We have stayed there whenever we visit the area and each time have been pleased. At times there is a little more noise from the highway but tolerable. We recommend this hotel to all of our family and friends who come to visit. I commend the staff for their good service.

Room Tip: 7th floor is quietest
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words… we really are a hidden gem. I always love to hear from returning guests…Returning as a guest is the biggest compliment you can make to a hotel. While we do want to hear the good and bad from our guests, I have to agree with you sometimes comments on these social media sites can get rather cynical. Many guests, like yourself, know to look past comments that are clearly meant to be hurtful rather than those who truly want to share their comments with others. I suppose it’s a small price to pay because we really do listen to our guests –and take that feedback very seriously. Some of our best upgrades are based on comments from our guests. Becoming 100% smoke free, additional items on our breakfast buffet, opening Callaway’s for casual dinner dining, HDTV with more channels… and upgrades based on our guests feedback.

We hope to see you here again yet again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Medway, Massachusetts, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Overall the property was average to above average. I was only there for one night and came in late and left early, so I did not experience the property to it's fullest. I did feel the breakfast was a little bland, but the coffee was good. I would suggest having tea bags available in the rooms as well as coffee.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay. I’m glad you enjoyed our coffee. As a fellow business traveler, I fully understand the importance of good coffee. Actually we do also offer complimentary tea in both the guest rooms and in our lobby 24 hours a day (along with our coffee and decaff). I’m so sorry that we somehow missed including teabags in your room. I have alerted our housekeeping team to be sure they are extra care to be sure they are placed in each of our rooms and suites.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on Tuesday night after working all day and driving four hours to get there. The front desk staff when I checked in was really nice as well as the day time staff! They told me the perfect time to head into town to avoid the dc traffic. The breakfast was good especially since it was free. My room was nice and I received a complimentary upgrade. The only thing that I had an issue with was that I wish they had Ethernet cords for people who can't get good wifi! And......I have to agree with the door slamming Olympics comment. Luckily I had a one bedroom so I could go in the other room and didn't hear it but......when I sat in the sitting room man oh man were those doors a slamming. There were however a few bus loads in the hotel too. You can't blame the hotel staff for the slamming of the doors but.....hotel owners/management can install something so that the doors don't slam when opened. All in all it was a great stay!

• Stayed May 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us … we really are a little hidden gem. It seems most travelers and hotels are going to WI/FI rather than wired Internet services. In these very mobile days – it’s just the growing trend. Actually we DO have Ethernet cords for complimentary use for those who prefer wired access. Next time you are with us, simply ask at the front desk. I have forwarded your comment to our general manager to see about promoting this amenity of ours. Also, I looked it up in our in room hotel guide and noticed it is not mentioned there. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I have already added it so it will be in the guide on its next printing.

Royal Oak, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed there last night, for 1 night. It was average. The front desk staff was very helpful, the beds were average and the breakfast was average. The hotel, overall, looked a bit tired. The room was clean and was a decent size. There were a couple student groups there, so it was full of kids, and I heard several doors slamming in the night. But, beyond that it was OK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad you found our front desk team helpful and our rooms clean. That said I’m sorry you only felt we were only OK. We strive to be better than that. We have exciting upgrades planned for the hotel this year to give us a fresh new look, from a redesign of our lobby to our guestroom hallways. The next time you are in the area, I hope you will contact me directly via this site so I may oversee your reservation so we can really “knock your socks off.”

Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

1. There is no electric iron in my room, and call the guest service who ask me to borrow from other room.
2. Call to guest service to say that the refrigerator is noisy, and transfer to business center for about 5 minutes and there is no one answer. Need to go to lobby by myself .
3. Living there for two days and keys doesn't work twice. I went to front desk with tired body after out all day, and the manager attitude was really bad and it took me almost one hour to go into my room.
4. I will never choose this hotel even they are free.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We really do want to get honest feedback from our guests… both the good and bad. We listen to all guests comments and take them all very seriously. As a matter of fact many of our enhancements have come directly from our guests suggestions. To name a few, we turned to a smoke free hotel, added free weights to our gym, enlarged our lobby and added more sitting areas – all exciting changes based on our guests feedback and suggestions.

It pains me to read a review where a guest was not happy with us. As you can see from other glowing reviews you did not receive the service we have become famous for and keep our guests returning again and again. You mentioned that you will not be returning. Should you wish to give us another chance, please feel free to contact me directly via this site and I will personally watch you reservation from start to finish, to be sure you are happy.

Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

There is one person at check in that has to do it all - answer phones, contact maintenance, and check people in. A hotel of this size should have more than one person on duty. The makeover of this old 1970s Ramada Inn tower is nice. Elevators are new and fresh looking. There is artwork on the walls leading to the rooms. And the overall facility is clean, with plenty of parking. Management has done a very nice job.

Now, the main problem. Door slamming. It doesn't matter if it is 2 in the afternoon or 10 at night. Slam! Slam! Slam! It sounds like gunshots ringing out in the hallway. When you check in they YELLOW MARKER over your rate, smoking citation fees, check out time, etc - which is kind of tacky in itself. Perhaps they should have the guest write "I WILL NOT SLAM DOORS UPON ENTRY OR LEAVING OF MY GUEST ROOM AT ANY TIME." This is a known issue. Look at previous complaints dating from a few years back. To the management of this hotel: you have spent how much money renovating a very old building? Honestly, how much would it cost to put padding around the door frames or tighter hinges on the doors? Think I am being overly dramatic about this issue - try having any peace and quiet outside of about 1 in the morning til 5 in the morning without having a door slam so hard in the hallway it wakes you up to the point of startling you. As I have written this view at 7 AM, the doors have been slammed in the hallway at least a dozen times. I'm not talking about gently letting doors close, it sounds like people are getting mad at each other and just opening up their door and kicking it shut. Even housekeeping, lets the doors slam shut. Management - try sitting in a room and listen to how loud it is. That is what your COURTEOUS guests have to listen to trying to work, trying to sleep, trying to do anything! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM!

There are much higher end properties in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area that are very reasonable in price that probably have adequate hinges on the doors. I have suspicions on some of the 5 star reviews for this hotel as most of them are written by guests with "1 review." The breakfast of runny eggs, overly seasoned potatoes, and bacon can be found elsewhere. Most hotels have shuttles. Until the door slamming issue is resolved, you won't get any rest here, and isn't that the main point of staying in a hotel?

Room Tip: None. Until the door slamming situation has been resolved.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so glad you enjoyed the fresh new look of our lobby and overall building refresh. I hope you will return again in the months to come as we have more exciting upgrades coming including new carpeting, new title work, and new lobby furniture to mention just a few.

I’m so very sorry that you had concerns about door slamming and feel bad that this affected your stay so drastically and outshined all everything you enjoyed about our renovated facility. We had a student group in while you were here. Trust me, the chaperones and members of the tour company have both been spoken to as this is not acceptable behavior. Because of our great location, we have many groups that stay with us, including many well behaved student groups. Trip Advisor, being one of the premier social media travel sites is becoming very popular – not just for reading reviews – but for writing them as well. While you are correct many guests that really enjoyed their stay are first time writers, you will also notice, so are many that have less than positive responses are as well. Many first time writers on sites really loved their stay or really want to express why did not. This is a very common effect as social media and blog sites become more popular.

Next time you come to the area, please feel free to contact me directly via this site. I would be happy to personally watch your reservation from start to finish… and see that you receive a room out our top floor … away from any students that may be in house at the same time as you.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!