“Great Place for a Family Vacation to DC!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Salisbury, North Carolina, United States
“Great Place for a Family Vacation to DC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family of 5 and my mother were planning on visiting Washington DC for the first time. I did a lot of research for a good hotel that was affordable, clean, offered breakfast and parking and a shuttle to Metro. I was a bit nervous choosing a place in an area I've never been but let me tell you I was pleasantly surprised. The pictures were exactly what I walked into. It was very clean. The beds were super comfortable. The shower head gave great water pressure. It was a pet friendly hotel. Housekeeping was very thorough. They only had one elevator because they were upgrading their other one but it was ok...not that much of a bother. Our cable (HBO) was blocked but once you called the front desk, they corrected it for us right away. We stayed in two rooms - both with two double beds. They had a good size fridge and micro as well. The breakfast was awesome and a good value for a big family (I have three teenage boys) They provided a hot breakfast - very good....eggs, bacon one day, sausage the next, home fried potatoes, breads, waffle maker, fruit, yogurt. We all filled up on it and were well satisfied throughout the day. The parking was free. They offered a free shuttle to Metro. The drivers were very nice. Metro can be a little pricey (six of us cost us back and forth about $87! So the next day we drove and found parking in DC (about $30 - little cheaper and allowed us flexibility to leave when we needed to.)The front desk could've used some additional training on what was available in the surrounding areas and knowledge of the maps that were close by their station (which they apparently did not know) but either way, the visit was great, the price was good. The hotel is quiet even when they had several buses of students - you didn't hear them. The only time I heard someone loud was my last night and there was someone across the hall from me making a lot of loud laughter past 11. The front desk responded and called them to keep it down. The hallways are a bit dim - but all in all, I would definitely recommend this place and if I do return to DC, we would definitely stay here again! Thank you for making our vacation wonderful!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 401/403 and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! I’m particularly happy to hear you enjoyed your stay because this is your first trip to the Washington, DC area. As a native from the DC area, I never get tired to hear someone enjoyed their first trip to my great hometown. There is so much to see and do … it great that you really did your homework before you started your trip.

Be sure to plan a trip to see us again. Not only are we getting two brand new elevators (as you noticed), we are also getting a total refresh of our lobby, guest room hallways and more! Having the HBO turned off was a mistake on our part. There was a student group in the night before you – and HBO was turned off. Our new upgrade will include a more automated way to turn on and off the movie channels. By the way, I hope you enjoyed our new HD flat panel TVs with Directv offering even more choices for our guests.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We saw this hotel listed on Groupon and we were planning a visit to D.C. so we snagged it. We stayed here for two nights and it was a great deal, great stay! Right near the metro, in a nice town. We were surprised at how few cars were in the parking lot. It's not busy at all. The staff was very warm and friendly. The rooms were nice and clean. Breakfast was decent and free. Be sure and get down there early though - the eggs and orange juice were gone by 9 and they never refilled during the hour we were down there. The wi-fi worked wonderfully. We had a really great experience and will absolutely stay again if we are ever again in the area! Also as a tip which we didn't know until after our stay - they have a shuttle that will take you to the metro for free!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. Smart move to check out groupon for specials. I have to agree we had a great promotion with them not too long ago. Keep your eyes peeled for another special we will be running with them soon for your next stay in the Washington, DC area. I will pass on your comments about our very warm and friendly staff our team. We really do have a great group here – they really love to take care of our guests – that’s something you just can’t teach. By the way, we not only offer a free shuttle to the metro that is less than 2 miles away – but also to local dining, shopping and entertainment options. I will also pass on your note about the eggs. We keep our buffet filled throughout the operating hours of our breakfast room. I’m so sorry if we miss replenishment during your stay.

We look forward to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week during the National Cherry Blossom Festival. It worked out well as the hotel is convenient to two metro stations and offered value that many others did not. If booking here, don't expect a new hotel, but overall it was decent, clearn and the staff friendly and accommodating. Attention to details in lacking in some areas, however. As an example, the first hotel we were put in the door would seal properly. You could see through to the entire room between the door and the door jam from the hallway. Obviously a security and privacy issue. We were moved to another room when we brought it to their attention. Then there is the issue of banging doors. The doors to the room close heavily and when closed sound like a gun-shot echoing down the hall. With people coming and going from their room day and night that wears on the nerves. Lastly, housekeeping needs to ensure they check and turn off alarms when people check out of the hotel. On three different occasions we heard alarm clocks wailing away for extended periods of time--once at 1:30 a.m. To their credit, when reported the staff did respond quickly. It shouldn't happen to begin with, however. To wrap up, it's a decent hotel at a good price for the area. But, don't expect a modern facility providing a quiet oasis. We'd likely try another hotel on our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the hotel from the interstate highway. Noise from the highway...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us you feedback. We love to hear from our guests and take all gust feedback very seriously. I’m glad you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly. We have a great team here and are told countless times a day how friendly our staff is. I’m glad you noticed this as well.

I have brought the points you mentioned to the attention of our management team so they can take care of them. It sounds like you will be returning to the area sometime. We would love for you to come back. We are in the process of starting a really exciting refresh of the hotel including a brand new lobby, new elevators and a redesign of our guest floor hallways. We would love for you to have an opportunity to enjoy our fresh new look.

California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just stayed at this hotel over the weekend for a quick and inexpensive getaway. They offer a great hot breakfast which is complimentary and free wi-fi as well. The hotel is a bit dated but they are in the process of making rennovations. I noticed our bathroom had new granite in the shower and they were working on the elevators this weekend which was an inconvenience but we weren't in a rush to go anywhere. Overall the hotel was clean, quiet and the beds were very comfortable. The location is about 15-20 minutes from D.C. if you don't want to spend $200 a night for a hotel down there. If we go back to the area we would consider staying there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I have to agree with you – we are the ideal location for a quick and inexpensive getaway. Between our free parking, free shuttle to metro and all the free attractions Washington, DC has to offer… it’s always a great value to stay with us when visiting the nation’s capital. You are right about our complimentary hot full American breakfast buffet – it really is great… and a great way to start the day. Along with the upgrades you mentioned., we are getting a full refresh of our lobby including carpet, new flooring, furniture as well and updates to our guest room hall ways as well as brand new elevators.

Rishon Lezion, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for five nights for business. It was easy to find. Easy and quick check in. The hotel room was very good. The breakfast was also adequate (included). Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel. Free parking, free internet (wi-fi).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. I have to say we really are a little hidden gem. We pride ourselves on giving great value … and we never get tired of our guests noticing that. I’m glad you could call us home while on your business travel. Being a PLUS hotel, one of Best Western’s distinguished designations, we really are the ideal business hotel for people traveling to Rockville and the DC area.

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is fairly close to the highway, making access easy.
The rooms were clean and well stocked with cups, soap etc.
As others have said, the services provided are very good including wifi around the building, a business centre available to all residents that has computers and a printer. There's a pool available for use although it wasn't open yet when I stayed. The gym is nice to use, it was empty each time I went which was a bonus!

However being impressed with the rest of the hotel made the breakfast all the more disappointing!
A few times there was not enough plates or cutlery. The bacon was very crispy (not sure if that's just an American thing or not) but also very oily at the same time. A few days I had juice which was nice and then when I went to get more the next day, it was extremely watered down.
There was also coffee available all day in insulated containers but it was cold most of the time.

Just a note to the Director of Sales who I have seen has replied to other reviews - Please update the internet browsers in the business centre, using Internet Explorer 8 in 2013 is not good! Certain things I wanted wouldn't load due to the browsers being out of date! Thanks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m so glad you found our guest rooms clean and well stocked. I have to agree with you – our location is perfect … especially for those not familiar with the area because the hotel is so easy to get to, plus easy to get right into Washington, DC from our location. Glad you liked the gym. We just upgraded it with a new look. Our seasonal outdoor pool is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I hope your next visit will be during that time so you can enjoy a swim after a long day or work or touring.

You may be right, we Americans do tend to like our bacon crisp. That said we do have a very international clientele so your comments have been forwarded to our operations team. As for our computers in our complementary business center, we will be upgrading the software on them as we give our entire lobby a fresh new look.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My family traveled to Washington DC for spring break and we stayed here based on value compared to the high priced hotels in DC that also charged for parking, internet service and breakfast. We were not what to expect but upon arrival were very pleased. The staff was all great, the lobby was updated even had a free business center and the room was really the best. We had a two room suite so the kids had a room with yheir own tv and we had a king size bed with really good bedding. The breakfast was good and started us off each day. The Metro station is a few miles away but was an easy drive and it cost 5 bucks to park. We chose not to use the shuttle to insure flexibility and that worked well for us. We would come back again without question and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really are a hidden gem. That said, the word is starting to get out that Best Western added two new descriptors a few years go - -PLUS and PREMIER for hotels that have additional services for their guests. They are a great compliment to the Best Western brand. To earn one of these is a true honor for us. Thanks for noticing our recent upgrades to our lobby including updating the business center, adding a gift shop and increasing the lobby size by nearly 50% ! If you liked that – you will love the additional enhancements coming this year including brand new furniture and carpet that will give us a fresh new look. We are even getting brand new elevators.

By the way, it was a very smart move to upgrade to an executive suite. While our suites are a big hit with our business travelers – they are even more popular with families. The second room and second flat panel HDTV is the ideal setting for a family after a long day of touring…. And you can’t beat it for only $30 more.

Ron Wallach

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!