“Gret short stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 15 hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maryland
“Gret short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

we checked in at 3:30 am due to our daughter being admitted to a nearby hospital, they were fast getting us checked in, the room was clean and the hotel smelled good, like it was clean, very nice and clean hotel. great rates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
First and foremost, I hope your daughter is doing better. It’s never easy to arrange unplanned travel – especially under those stressful conditions. We are lucky to have a great team here that truly cares about giving great guest service – whether it’s during a busy check-in time – or at 3:30am when most of our guests are fast asleep. I will pass on your kind words to our night audit team.

We hope to see you here again under happier circumstances at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've stayed here about 6 times over the last seven years. When I saw they had renovated the lobby, I thought for sure they would do the rooms eventually. However, that hasn't happened.

The lighting is horrible and the rooms are drab. I book through Priceline and Hotwire, so I don't have a choice of where I stay in the area. However, based on my 8 years of traveling back and forth to the area, there are several hotels in the area that are much better.

The good thing about my stay was the breakfast, which is a full hot breakfast, which comes with the room. Also, the hotel is right across from the entrance to I-270 and about 15 minutes in rush hour to the Metro. In Rockville, there is a wide selection of restaurants for all budgets.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I’m so glad you enjoyed the new look of our lobby!! It really makes the space even more welcoming and gives our guests more public space to spread out. As a matter of fact we have plans for even more upgrades to our public space including more enhancements to the lobby, hallways and brand new elevators that are currently being replaced. We recently upgraded to 37” HDTVs with Directv, including HD channels in all our guest rooms. We have more room upgrades in the works.

I have to agree with you, our breakfast really is great. With all our options on the buffet – it really is a great way to start the day.

Plainview, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while taking visiting tours of American George Washington and University of Maryland for my daughter. One elevator was out. The rooms were okay and bed comfortable. How ever the carpet needs to be upgrade and there were too many Powerstrip outlet wires all over the place. That is not a professional way to keep a hotel room. Our lamps had plugs to put our charges in. Breakfast was good but noticed quite a few contractors use this hotel to sleep overnight in. We stayed for 2 nights upon the second night we found our room with out any fresh towels at all. What an embarrassment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are taking this time during our slow season to replace our elevators (one at a time) with brand new ones. We look forward to this fresh new look… and I’m sure our guests will enjoy it just as much. We are proud of being an environmentally friendly hotel. We were one of the first hotels in the area to have recycle bins in every guest room and suite. We also have energy and water conservation programs in place. This includes replacing towels that are placed on the floor. We have gotten great feedback from our guests on these programs. I am so very sorry that the card explaining this program was not in your room. This has been reported to our housekeeping team to be sure it does not happen again.

We hope you will give us a try again should your travels bring you back to the area.

indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is in a great location and close to the heart of Rockville, as well as close to the train station. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel rooms-hairs in the beds, stained dirt on the linens, hotel just run down looking. We had an issue with the door to our room and we were moved to another room during our stay. The elevator was under maintenance and only had one operating elevator instead of two, so to save time they recommend using the service elevator where you needed to be careful where you stepped or you could use the stairs if you hit the door hard enough for it to open. It was a very busy hotel-busy with younger people, late nights and lots of noise. Security was on staff to keep the activity under control, but there wasn't much sleep due to the constant noise, people running and yelling down the hallways until early morning hours.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad you liked our location. We really are the ideal location for those that want to be close to Washington DC without having to pay DC pricing and pay to park. One of the many enhancements we are doing to the hotel this year is brand new elevators. As hotels are open 24 hours 265 days a year we do these upgrades during traditionally slower times throughout there year. Therefore, we are taking one elevator out of service at a time. I’m sorry for the inconvenience this caused. After our evaluators are completed, we will be upgrading our lobby then our hallways. We are really excited about our upcoming new look.

If you are returning to the area, please do give us another chance – I think you will like what you experience.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My mother's funeral was scheduled for Pumphrey Funeral Home right down the road on the other side of 270 in Rockville. They could do nothing for me for a reception after the service and could not make any recommendations for me. So I Googled Hotels, Rockville and found the Best Western just right down the street. They gave us a small banquet hall, let me order food for a small amount of people and could not have been nicer or more professional to deal with. Thank you Romel, for all of your help and making this such an easy thing to do for my late mother's friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Sherri –

Thank you so much for your kind words. Because we are so close to so many churches, synagogues and funeral homes, we are often called upon to assist our neighbors when they are given the sad task of saying goodbye to a loved one. We understand that losing someone close is not a planned expense and we are honored to handle the details for families so they may spend their time with each other and friends. I will pass your comments onto Romel.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites under happier circumstances. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a very bad location smells horrible I stayed here for a week every orning 8am there's house keeping banging on the door even if the do not disturb sign is on I wanted to shoot myself staying here the staff VERY unfriendly manager VERY rude I would never stay at this dump and I visit Rockville once a month for work I made sure I told my conworkers never to stay here says it 100$ non smoking hotel smells like smoke in all the hall ways make sure you invest in febreeze and candles at this dump ....

• Stayed January 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback. While are proud of our staff and our hotel, and based on other reviews here, our guests are happy. That said I’m so sorry we didn’t meet your expectations.

We are a 100% smoke free hotel. Every once in a blue moon we have a guest that opts to break that rule. We take it very seriously when a gust does that. We charge and give the room a deep cleaning. As a non-smoker myself, I fully understand your frustration, and for that I apologize.

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!