“Hotel Is Okay but needs Improvement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1251 West Montgomery Avenue, Route 28, Rockville, MD 20850   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Rockville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Plainview, New York
“Hotel Is Okay but needs Improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel while taking visiting tours of American George Washington and University of Maryland for my daughter. One elevator was out. The rooms were okay and bed comfortable. How ever the carpet needs to be upgrade and there were too many Powerstrip outlet wires all over the place. That is not a professional way to keep a hotel room. Our lamps had plugs to put our charges in. Breakfast was good but noticed quite a few contractors use this hotel to sleep overnight in. We stayed for 2 nights upon the second night we found our room with out any fresh towels at all. What an embarrassment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are taking this time during our slow season to replace our elevators (one at a time) with brand new ones. We look forward to this fresh new look… and I’m sure our guests will enjoy it just as much. We are proud of being an environmentally friendly hotel. We were one of the first hotels in the area to have recycle bins in every guest room and suite. We also have energy and water conservation programs in place. This includes replacing towels that are placed on the floor. We have gotten great feedback from our guests on these programs. I am so very sorry that the card explaining this program was not in your room. This has been reported to our housekeeping team to be sure it does not happen again.

We hope you will give us a try again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is in a great location and close to the heart of Rockville, as well as close to the train station. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel rooms-hairs in the beds, stained dirt on the linens, hotel just run down looking. We had an issue with the door to our room and we were moved to another room during our stay. The elevator was under maintenance and only had one operating elevator instead of two, so to save time they recommend using the service elevator where you needed to be careful where you stepped or you could use the stairs if you hit the door hard enough for it to open. It was a very busy hotel-busy with younger people, late nights and lots of noise. Security was on staff to keep the activity under control, but there wasn't much sleep due to the constant noise, people running and yelling down the hallways until early morning hours.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I’m glad you liked our location. We really are the ideal location for those that want to be close to Washington DC without having to pay DC pricing and pay to park. One of the many enhancements we are doing to the hotel this year is brand new elevators. As hotels are open 24 hours 265 days a year we do these upgrades during traditionally slower times throughout there year. Therefore, we are taking one elevator out of service at a time. I’m sorry for the inconvenience this caused. After our evaluators are completed, we will be upgrading our lobby then our hallways. We are really excited about our upcoming new look.

If you are returning to the area, please do give us another chance – I think you will like what you experience.

Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My mother's funeral was scheduled for Pumphrey Funeral Home right down the road on the other side of 270 in Rockville. They could do nothing for me for a reception after the service and could not make any recommendations for me. So I Googled Hotels, Rockville and found the Best Western just right down the street. They gave us a small banquet hall, let me order food for a small amount of people and could not have been nicer or more professional to deal with. Thank you Romel, for all of your help and making this such an easy thing to do for my late mother's friends and family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Sherri –

Thank you so much for your kind words. Because we are so close to so many churches, synagogues and funeral homes, we are often called upon to assist our neighbors when they are given the sad task of saying goodbye to a loved one. We understand that losing someone close is not a planned expense and we are honored to handle the details for families so they may spend their time with each other and friends. I will pass your comments onto Romel.

We hope to see you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites under happier circumstances. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a very bad location smells horrible I stayed here for a week every orning 8am there's house keeping banging on the door even if the do not disturb sign is on I wanted to shoot myself staying here the staff VERY unfriendly manager VERY rude I would never stay at this dump and I visit Rockville once a month for work I made sure I told my conworkers never to stay here says it 100$ non smoking hotel smells like smoke in all the hall ways make sure you invest in febreeze and candles at this dump ....

• Stayed January 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for giving us your feedback. While are proud of our staff and our hotel, and based on other reviews here, our guests are happy. That said I’m so sorry we didn’t meet your expectations.

We are a 100% smoke free hotel. Every once in a blue moon we have a guest that opts to break that rule. We take it very seriously when a gust does that. We charge and give the room a deep cleaning. As a non-smoker myself, I fully understand your frustration, and for that I apologize.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a week the staff was rude as well as the manager the day I checked out a few hours later manager called saying he found ashes in my garbage teimg me there were cigarettes charged me 300$. I went to the beat western so that it could see what ashes and cigarettes did he find. Couldn't show me the evidence and refused to take me upstairs to the room to see if it smelled like smoke, as I'm talking to him he ignores and brushes me off talking to the next guest. He tells me to get out of his hotel repeatedly long story short they pretty much dugged though my garbage very rude staff and hotel is in a horrible location which the bar there sucks so my advice is for you to NEVER stay there!

• Stayed February 2013
CWHotels, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Many of our returning guests suggested we become a smoke free hotel… and we are proud to say we listened to that feedback and have been a 100% smoke free feel location for a couple years now. To keep our location smoke free we, like most hotels, do charge a fee for those who smoke in our rooms or suites.

We are particularly proud of our GM at this location. He is extremely focused on providing great service and this shows in the other reviews on this and other sites. In fact we did have proof that we did show you including the cup of cigarette ash that was left in the room. You did not mention in your review the fact that you left burning candles in the room after you checked out, suggesting this was done to mask the odor of the smoke, but also creating a potentially dangerous environment for our other guests and team members. Luckily, that smoke from the numerous candles was so strong that it leaked into the hallway where one of our housekeepers, who like all our staff members has been trained in hotel safety, reported this to management immediately so the candles could be put out before more severe damage was done to the room.

Perhaps you felt our award winning General Manger was not friendly because you didn’t like the message he had to give to you regarding the $300 charge. The fact that you actually travel with candles suggests to me that you are aware that hotels do take smoking in non-smoking rooms very seriously. The next time your travels require overnight stays I suggest you ask about smoking policies. Most non-smoking hotels, including ours, have designated smoking areas on site. We even offer rooms on the second floor to our guests who smoke, as there is direct access from that floor to one of our smoking areas.
Latrobe, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked this hotel a week before my trip due to extenuating circumstances. I got a great room to share for only $100!! We stayed one night so that we didn't have to drive into DC extremely early the next day. Great room and good staff!! It was in a great location with plenty to do around the area. Would definitely stay again!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for all your kind words. We really area a hidden gem with a great staff. I will be sure to pass on your experiences to the rest of our team. We never get tired of receiving great feedback.

We look forward to you here again at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Rockville Hotel & Suites. Please share your experience with your friends and family. If you are on Facebook, please like us at /BestWesternPlusRockville and on twitter /BWRockville. Also check out our Facebook page for our specials for added savings!

Director of Sales

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Rockville Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!